Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Can someone who is knowledgeable on this shed some light on the subject( preferably someone who is on trt).
    Does it turn you into a hulking beast like they say it did for UFC fighter Vitor Belfort? I'm confused because I'm assuming I have regular testosterone levels and I'm not a hulking monster.

Does trt give you an advantage over a guy whose testosterone levels are normal?

Is it possible for me to test at a too high testosterone level even though I've never used trt?

Done the right way AND on those that NEED it, all that TRT does is bring up your T levels to the point of "average".
    If your T levels are already OK, then they will go higher.
    TRT is basically like taking steroids and all that comes with that.
    People that don't need it and take it to supplement their training will get bigger, stronger, more aggressive and violent.
    All good things for a pro fighter of course.
    Some guys have a natural high level of T, typically those guy that grow hair fast and get strong and muscled fast, are naturally aggressive and so forth, have natural high levels.
    Being in a "testosterone fueled" environment can cause your T levels to rise too.

As man age their T levels naturally decline and man men now get TRT so they can still "hang" with the young guys, to some it is a "fountain of youth" of sorts, especially when combined with HGH therapy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

no it dpes not. viktor belort lied.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Can someone who is knowledgeable on this shed some light on the subject( preferably someone who is on trt).
    Does it turn you into a hulking beast like they say it did for UFC fighter Vitor Belfort? I'm confused because I'm assuming I have regular testosterone levels and I'm not a hulking monster.

Is it possible for me to test at a too high testosterone level even though I've never used trt?
    Here are some question for you!
    1. Do you have type 2 diabetes in family?
    2. DO you hypertension in family
    3. Is your BMI and WHR in range or out of range? If Out of range, what is %
    4. Do you eat the typical American diet?
    5. Are you the typical American male? Overweight, malnourished, inactive, big belly, etc

These question are the mainstay of therapy or else why take this therapy when none of the above have been addressed? It is a deadly addition t one's health!

When I worked in clinical research industry, I did a few studies putting together inclusion and exclusion criteria for a novel male enhancement drug along with protocol design per the thought leaders and it was found that for the drug to be effectiive, people had to makes 'drastic" change(s) to their present lifestyle and few wanted to do that! They all wanted to just take the drug and be a star but that causes more problems since testosterone is competing with estrogen dominance (this is what abdominal adiposity is!) and testosterone loses when no personal action is taken!
    Last edited by mawali; 05-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.

The problem with testosterone replacement therapy is that normal levels are variable and therefore no one knows how much replacement is necessary. So, it is guess work to know how much one must be given. Testosterone replacement is NOT the same thing as taking anabolic steroids and it is commonly administered as a skin patch.

The best thing to do is to keep your weight down, exercise and perform regular heavy squats or deadlifts, or if you prefer, cleans or snatches. These full body, compound exercises stimulate testosterone production naturally.

Also keep workouts down to approximately 30-60 minutes at a time. Workouts of over 60 minutes are associated with a reduced testosterone levels. I try not to over think this however, since many weight lifters of old had 2-4 hour workouts and were still huge. Reg Park is one example; he was huge before steroids were used in bodybuilding.

If your workout takes longer than 60 minutes, if convenient and possible, take a minimum of one hour off in between your workouts, and rest and carb replace during the interim. If you are weight training more than once it wouldn't hurt to take some creatine in between workouts as well.

Keep your aerobic workouts shorter, and more intense as well, nothing over an hour and 15-30 minutes of high intensity is probably more favorable.

Avoid, as much as possible, anything that causes a continuous over production of cortisol in your system, like overtraining, life stress, and lack of sleep. Some cortisol, which is produced as a result of stress, is okay, but too much reduces your testosterone levels.

I'm assuming I have regular testosterone levels and I'm not a hulking monster.
    There are no normal levels. There is an average range, but even that average range is in question. Plus each individual actually has their own average range which is influenced by age, diet, exercise, stressors, alcohol and substance use, medication use, etc., as well as, overall mental/emotional state, and level and type of mental stimulation. For example, some studies seem to indicate that testosterone levels increase when men look at attractive/naked women!

Not necessarily, it depends upon how much a testosterone a person is receiving. TRT is used to bring a person to an arbitrarily determined normal level, that is all. Anything else is doping, that is, taking more than recommended for returning the individual to that arbitrarily determined normal/average range.

Success is determined by more than just one factor. Motivation and skill matter as well as strength and size. However, high testosterone levels are associated with greater focus, intensity and commitment to training. The mind can affect these as well, however.

There is no such thing as a too high natural testosterone level, since normal levels are a generalized average across a large population of men, but you could test higher than the average range. Just as with everything else in life, variation is king. Some people will be on the high end of the bell curve and others will be on the low end.

But other factors influence ones testosterone levels as well, such as alcohol/substance abuse, diet, and the other factors I mentioned above that increase ones cortisol levels.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Here are some question for you!
    1. Do you have type 2 diabetes in family?
    2. DO you hypertension in family
    3. Is your BMI and WHR in range or out of range? If Out of range, what is %
    4. Do you eat the typical American diet?
    5. Are you the typical American male? Overweight, malnourished, inactive, big belly, etc
    I'm not looking to take trt but here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes, I have type 2 diabetes in my family.
    2. I have Essential Hupertension in my family. My mother developed it while pregnant with my little brother(that little *****).
    3. My bmi and whr are fine.
    4 I eat the typical American diet sometimes. Big Macs are amazing! But I also exercise a good amount, eat lots of vegetables, etc.

Nice post, Scott. I stare at attractive women often so my testosterone must be amazing. I feel like destroying my enemy and taking his women.

SS,
    You can do research on the terms for better background.
    Here is the source of below info.
    http://kerryg.hubpages.com/hub/Estro...ow-To-Avoid-It

I recently saw an ad for an "under arm application" of testosterone so what about the ingredients in present deodorants that are stated to increase some male conditions! Food for thought only

How to Avoid Estrogen Dominance

Maintain a healthy weight. Estrogen is produced by fat cells, so one of the most common causes of estrogen dominance in both men and women is obesity.
    Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Staying hydrated helps maintain kidney function and encourage healthy hormone balance.
    Eat a diet high in fiber. Dietary fiber binds to excess estrogen and removes it from the body as waste. It also helps prevent constipation, which exacerbates estrogen dominance.
    Exercise regularly. Regular exercise promotes healthy hormone balance.
    Avoid xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are a type of foreign (often man-made) substance called endocrine disruptors that mimic the behavior of estrogen in the body. They are found in many everyday household substances, including foods, and a growing number of scientists believe that they are one of the main contributing factors to the growing epidemic of estrogen dominance around the world. For many people, the most common sources include meat and dairy products raised with the use of growth hormones, chemical pesticides and herbicides consumed on food or used in the home or garden, certain types of plastic products, and certain types of health and beauty products

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    some good info here. enjoyed reading.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Big Macs are amazing!

totally undermined anything else you have to say.

not dissing eating fast food. but, really? the big mac of today is nothing...less than nothing...of the big mac of yesteryear.

gone is the mantra: 'two all beef patties, special sauce...'

big mac is weak, just weak...like Bawang's mother, cuz, he's just fronting due to insecurity combined with an oedipal complex

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    totally undermined anything else you have to say.

not dissing eating fast food. but, really? the big mac of today is nothing...less than nothing...of the big mac of yesteryear.

gone is the mantra: 'two all beef patties, special sauce...'

big mac is weak, just weak...like Bawang's mother, cuz, he's just fronting due to insecurity combined with an oedipal complex

I'm about to undermine your face.

What year of he Big Mac are you talking about? I worked at McDonald's 16 years ago for almost 5 years and the Big Mac hasn't changed since 16 years ago. You must be way older than I? :0

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yes, I would be referring to big mac's in the 70's and early 80's
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Jerk heaves/lift offs give me a massive T dump.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Some food for thought:
    1. Most labs give a "range" of normal values for testosterone levels. The range is what is average or normal for men ages 20 to 80 or so. Therefore a man in his 40's can have a testosterone level that is "normal" but only at a level that is typical for a man in his 80's! But many physicians will not prescribe testosterone supplementation of one's lab test is "normal." What is "normal" is not necessarily "optimal." I'd rather have the levels of someone in their 20's, not their 80's!
    2. Supplementing testosterone is NOT the same as doing anabolic steroids for body-building. These have a harmful affect on one's health over time. But maintaining optimal levels of testosterone promotes health and helps to avoid heart disease and diabetes.
    3. Using dermal patchs or lotions to supplement T can increase one's chance of hair loss, because some of the T will be converted to a variation that can increase hair loss. They don't really tell you that in the androgel commercials.
    4. Many men go to their doctor complaining of energy loss, low libido, and depression. So their doctor gives them an antidepressant. Most of these guys have low energy and loss of libido because of low T, not because of the depression. The depression is a result of being tired and not getting it up enough! Supplementing T is far less risky and far more healthy than taking anti-depressants.
    5. If you are supplementing T, then your testicles are going to produce less of it on their own... because they don't have to! So you can get some shrinkage. But littler nuts are a small price to pay for feeling better overall and reducing your risks for heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    SS,
    You can do research on the terms for better background.
    Here is the source of below info.
    http://kerryg.hubpages.com/hub/Estro...ow-To-Avoid-It

I recently saw an ad for an "under arm application" of testosterone so what about the ingredients in present deodorants that are stated to increase some male conditions! Food for thought only

How to Avoid Estrogen Dominance

Maintain a healthy weight. Estrogen is produced by fat cells, so one of the most common causes of estrogen dominance in both men and women is obesity.
    Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Staying hydrated helps maintain kidney function and encourage healthy hormone balance.
    Eat a diet high in fiber. Dietary fiber binds to excess estrogen and removes it from the body as waste. It also helps prevent constipation, which exacerbates estrogen dominance.
    Exercise regularly. Regular exercise promotes healthy hormone balance.
    Avoid xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are a type of foreign (often man-made) substance called endocrine disruptors that mimic the behavior of estrogen in the body. They are found in many everyday household substances, including foods, and a growing number of scientists believe that they are one of the main contributing factors to the growing epidemic of estrogen dominance around the world. For many people, the most common sources include meat and dairy products raised with the use of growth hormones, chemical pesticides and herbicides consumed on food or used in the home or garden, certain types of plastic products, and certain types of health and beauty products
    I believe it is a conspiracy to pussify the males, I have noticed this trend since the end of the 80s both in social engineering efforts and now biochemical tactics