Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What happens to Wing Chun when you make it competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    He likes to do compliant chi sau until he gets into a position where he can hold the other guy's face and dance. if the dancing elicits a "nice movement" comment from his sihings, then he is assured that will be enough to be able to drop someone in an altercation. If you have "nice movement" then you have "good wing chun".
    Calm down. I think JPinAZ is trolling LoneTiger108 this time. You don't need to hide behind the emergency face dance script in lieu of genuine argument yet again. Deep breaths champ.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    There is absolutely no evidence that the Klitschko brothers are effective fighters.
    You sir.......... are a retard

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    He likes to do compliant chi sau until he gets into a position where he can hold the other guy's face and dance. if the dancing elicits a "nice movement" comment from his sihings, then he is assured that will be enough to be able to drop someone in an altercation. If you have "nice movement" then you have "good wing chun".
    haha. You're probably not far from the truth.

What's funny to me is, people like lone tiger that have a lot to say on what WC is and isn't, what it should or shouldn't be, yet refuse to answer any direct questions about what thier own 'correct' training methods are that they base all of these views off of. Look how many times you've asked guy b the same simple, easy-to-answer questions that always go ignored!

I can only assmue they are trolling if they refuse to give any examples of the experience they base their opinions off of. I could be wrong, but the evidence (or lack of) doesn't show it to be so..

Aa a counter point, any time someone asks you a question, you can list how many days you train, what goes on during that training, who you train with etc. Doesn't make you more right/wrong that someone else, but it does show you are speaking from your own experiences which goes a long way in my book.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Look how many times you've asked guy b the same simple, easy-to-answer questions that always go ignored
    Look how many times I've asked Wayfaring the same simple, easy-to-answer questions that always go ignored.

How I love ignore
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    There is absolutely no evidence that the Klitschko brothers are effective fighters.
    fighters no, boxers yes.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    fighters no, boxers yes.
    Exactly the case

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Exactly the case
    That doesn't mean that it would not translate. Yes they would need additional training but the path is well set below there feet, more so than most.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not sure why you feel that WC is so inferior to other MA that can make THEIR strikes work with gloves.
    Didn't WSL say something like, the only way to learn to fight is to fight? Unless you want to get into regular street fights the only way to test your "martial" art is to make it "martial". Competitions can be a way to test your art under pressure.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A good fighter can make anything work.
    No you di'int...LOL
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    see my previous post. I now feel quite sorry for you but not enough to want to read anymore of your drivel, you've just made it into a very exclusive club.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    If you don't test you art, how do you know it'll work for real?
    Wah! Isn't this what everyone else here is asking too? And they all have their answers which I can only presume most guys here agree with?

You spar.
    You fight.
    You compete.
    You pressure test.

A 5 year old can do everything above with NO Martial Art training whatsoever!!! Actually what people are saying is you test your Wing Chun by doing anything BUT your curriculum... Sheez!

How do you test your Wing Chun without fighting? Answer me that...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    How I love ignore
    yup, its an exclusive list but some people just work so **** hard to get onto it
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    How do you test your Wing Chun without fighting? Answer me that...
    You can test your wing chun without fighting. You can test your structure without fighting, you can test your chi Sao without fighting, you can test your form without fighting and so on. These are all wing chun. Wing chun has various levels and you can test each one only through performance by doing that aspect. You test structure through performance, chi Sao through performance, form through performance and yes application through performance. How else can you possibly test your ability to freely apply your wing chun skills against someone trying to fight back except by doing that?

Performing the curriculum tests your knowledge of the curriculum but it does not test your ability to freely use your wing chun against someone fighting you.
    Last edited by tc101; 05-29-2013 at 03:44 AM.