Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clip

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    he already does
    Wah! The full biscuit eh?

Must have you MMA guys in a frenzy?? Or are you just configuring your negative responses together in a huddle??
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

Must have you MMA guys in a frenzy?? Or are you just configuring your negative responses together in a huddle??
    Ive already commentated before on some of seans clips, other than some of the clinch and ground work needing improvement (nothing you don’t see with newbies in that regard) I didn’t see anything wrong with it, as is no different than how my sifu trains, he goes to the local MMA gym as well as the BJJ and judo schools to test his grappling, and has placed guys in sparring get togethers and sanda comps before
    Newsfalsh I don’t have an issue with anything Sean does, honestly its just your attitude I cant understand

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Newsfalsh I don’t have an issue with anything Sean does, honestly its just your attitude I cant understand
    That's a Newsflash?

Well, just in case you didn't understand I was actually aiming my comment at the 'entire' MMA brigade that has poisoned the Wing Chun section of the Forum dude... and no... as much as you may think that is just you it isn't
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

That's a Newsflash?

Well, just in case you didn't understand I was actually aiming my comment at the 'entire' MMA brigade that has poisoned the Wing Chun section of the Forum dude... and no... as much as you may think that is just you it isn't
    Spencer, why do you think the MMA enthusiasts have "poisoned" the Wing Chun section of the forum? I'd be interested in your POV. I quite welcome the perspective (aside from the billion page debates about BJJ that have happened recently!) as it adds far more value than some of the other perspectives on here
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

That's a Newsflash?

with the exception of dale franks in his various guises (and even he has a wing chun background) I am hard pressed to think of anyone who on the wing chun forum isn't a wing chun person, even if they do believe the terrible mma ways of training are good
    who did you have in mind other than me

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    I quite welcome the perspective (aside from the billion page debates about BJJ that have happened recently!) as it adds far more value than some of the other perspectives on here
    Well you said it right here Ian...

Except I wouldn't say that their advice adds far more value than anyone else that posts here, unless you're aim for your training is solely competitive?

Bottom line... I am a Wing Chun practitioner through and through and I refuse to be belittled by people who have trained little or no Wing Chun just because I am loyal to one Sifu and do not feel the need to update or add to my curriculums with other systems.

Wing Chun for me was one of, if not the first MMA of China so I have everything I personally need already there in the system. I am understanding of the new trends and of course we can all learn from eachother (this goes without saying) but that is the key... learning from 'eachother'. Not being told that what we do is useless because we do not compete like them lol!

The MMA/Wing Chun exchange is far too one-sided and that tide I am sure will turn back in our favour when people get bored with all the macho nut measuring!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 05-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

attention-seeking troll bait. Why not just stick to the subject?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-28-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    attention-seeking troll bait. Why not just stick to the subject?
    Ha! My bait worked... Troll CAUGHT!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Ha! My bait worked... Troll CAUGHT!
    So you admit you ARE trolling. That's wonderful

FWIW, I've trained WC for the last 12 years - so I'm not sure how I fall into the 'MMA guys' group you're desperately seeking attention from, but whatever.
    But, I do think sparing outside the comfrots of the kwoon is a smart way to go for anyone of any art looking to broaden their skiillrange and test themselves. That's not an MMA thing, that's a common sense thing and something you obviously lack (BTW, you never did answer my questions on the other thread. It's ok, I know the answers anyway )

Anway, back to the subject, I think it's good that Seans guys realize this necessity by getting out and spar with other clubs! IMO, everyone should to this more.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

the MMA brigade has poisoned the Wing Chun section of the Forum dude
    Very true. These fat gloating wannabes strut around like the big man and all of the remaining wing chun based posters appear to have developed Stockholm syndrome, constantly making apologies for the art they practice.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Very true. These fat gloating wannabes strut around like the big man and all of the remaining wing chun based posters appear to have developed Stockholm syndrome, constantly making apologies for the art they practice.
    You're right. People should feel free to practice the face dance without fear of being persecuted. After all, face dancers should be a protected class in society even if they aren't.

So you admit you ARE trolling. That's wonderful
    You see... trolls are anonymous and put words into peoples mouths and rewrite entire posts to spew whatever it is that takes their fancy that day... and that's is so more you than me dude lol!

FWIW, I've trained WC for the last 12 years - so I'm not sure how I fall into the 'MMA guys' group you're desperately seeking attention from, but whatever.
    There you go again! Did I mention any names? No. But, if the shoe fits?? Even 12 years eating Chop Suey doesn't mean you know what Charsiu Pork tastes like

Anway, back to the subject, I think it's good that Seans guys realize this necessity by getting out and spar with other clubs! IMO, everyone should to this more.
    Oh I agree with you there.

IF what you want to do is train like that it's all fine. BUT I like the fact that he utilizes his Wing Chun training and spars with varied purposes, to develop 'different skills' slowly and allow his guys to train in a safe and (what looks like) enjoyable environment. Competitive? I see more people working together towards a goal rather than the win win mentality which is very cool IMHO and how I would like to see our system develop.

You know I am seeing a trend here, and for some reason it is based on me not agreeing with 'fighting' fellow practitioners or others with my art, yet I have never said I do not like to spar or train to fight. Fighting for me though is 'real' so if you don't know how dirty Wing Chun actually is you will not understand how we fight. I'm a pretty small guy too so the system resonates with me personally on many levels.

I do not like the competition arena, or points based Chisau I generally see (including the clips) because I have never heard from anyone who has done this in the past say anything positive that came out from it all. It divides the Wing Chun family and shows pretty low level skill all the time so it fuels other MAs argument that we are all cr4p too.

And just in case nobody understands me... Wing Chun specializes in, what we call today, sparring!! It was just never called that before the 1950s and the introduction of Sansau/Sanda and Wushu Dulian.

Fighting in them days was a 'fight to the death'! And believe me, from what I can gather from my own research and many others, is that Wing Chun held it's own in them days because ultimately that is what Martial Arts was about back then.

As someone once told me, "Give any BJJ man, boxer or kickboxer a pole or blade and watch me whoop their a$$!!"
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Stockholm syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Stockholm syndrome
    Seriously made me laugh dude
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

What happened to the thread?

It's about the clip of my students that Kevin originally posted, right?

Well, I for one have learned a lot (and continue to learn) from my colleagues and friends in the mma scene. We can learn a lot from them, especially when it comes to modern training methods.