Thread: Cyber Kung Fu

Cyber Kung Fu

Chinese hackers 'compromise' US weapons systems designs

Chinese hackers have accessed designs for more than two dozen US weapons systems, a US newspaper has reported.

Designs for combat aircraft, ships and missile defences were among those compromised, a Pentagon paper found, the Washington Post reported.

The compromised US designs include those for advanced Patriot missile systems called PAC-3, an Army anti-missile system known as Thaad, and the Navy's Aegis ballistic-missile defence system, according to the Washington Post.

The F/A-18 fighter jet, V-22 Osprey aircraft, Black Hawk helicopter and the Navy's new Littoral Combat Ship were also compromised.

The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, the most expensive weapons system ever built, was also cited on the list.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22692778
    傻瓜

To me, there is something fishy about this.
    All the systems listed have colorful histories for instance and some rates of failure.

It could be a lay up shot to excuse these technologies from the tax dollars and to move onto something more effective.

Patriot system had some glitches as I recall in it's software. Not sure of the state of it now. I don't think it's the only MD system available though.

The Thaad has failed in 5 intercept tests out of 5 as I recall from quite recently.

The Aegis system successfully tested 2 out of 5 intercepts.

the F/A 18 is old tech. I think the super hornets will replace these soon enough.

The V22 has a horrid history of failure after failure.

The Black Hawks have had steady use, but have been shown to be vulnerable as well.

The coastal fighting ships (the littoral ship) has been plagued with problems. 37 billion for a ship that barely works is the headline on this.

As for the F35, many nations are reconsidering their participation in this program for a whole lot of reasons.

My spin? Make it seem like these techs are compromised in order to completely get rid of them cancel contracts and move onto better tech.

I could be wrong, but the media these days is wonky and who the heck lets out this kind of news without wanting that message to be out there?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Canada please please please drop the program and start fresh.

PRETTY PLEEEEEEEEEAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you guys don't get it. At 4 times overbudget, we let them steal part of the F-35 plans so they can now go bankrupt trying to reverse engineer it. Like we did trying to design it. Economic warfare.

I mean, this is at least as plausible as some of the other conspiracy theories I seen thrown around here on the regular

Couldn't resist TTTing this thread for this...

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

the discount doesn't already work?(((
    missed the opportunity

Offer ended...

... Midnight PST November 28, 2022. It says so right on the image above.

But stay tuned. There's always more sales.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart