Thread: Sidney Kung Fu

Sidney Kung Fu

Hi guys,

new here,

i am looking for a good place to learn kung fu in Sidney Australia or close enough, where i am moving to very soon.

the style really doesn't matter to me, but rather without any competitions and a humble sifu.

Thanks a lot.

There is choy lay fut in Sidney for sure and I would imagine other styles as well.

Lots of kung fu to be found in Sydney.

Choy Lay Fut Federation under Chen Yong Fa and Mark Whelan is (was - I trained with these guys in 1990 or 91 and had a great time) a great school with fantastic teachers and students.

Jin Wu Koon is another big very well known school in Sydney's Chinatown.

I think the Yau Kung Mun guys are still there and Randy Bennett's Jow Ga used to be a presence once upon a time - not sure what there may still be of him or his students.

I'm sure you'd find wing chun in Sydney as well.

Ok guys i will check this out thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Lots of kung fu to be found in Sydney.

Choy Lay Fut Federation under Chen Yong Fa and Mark Whelan is (was - I trained with these guys in 1990 or 91 and had a great time) a great school with fantastic teachers and students.

Jin Wu Koon is another big very well known school in Sydney's Chinatown.

I think the Yau Kung Mun guys are still there and Randy Bennett's Jow Ga used to be a presence once upon a time - not sure what there may still be of him or his students.

I'm sure you'd find wing chun in Sydney as well.
    All the above are good. Rick Spain mixes Wing Chun with MMA and has a good rep.

I haven't seen or heard of Randy for a few years, I used to see him around quite a bit.

We have a school in Glebe, you're welcome to come down, have a look and see what you think. I train some boys at Bondi too.

Sydney Gunagzhou Pak Mei http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Check out the Yang Mian gym there, but there is a lot of Choy lee fut

I'll be going to Sydney soon to look for work. I've been doing some Songshan Shaolin in New Zealand, so it would be great to find a northern style that I can check out there, and also keep training in what I've been doing by myself and with someone else.
    This wushu guan has Northern Praying Mantis. Anyone here know much about this club or is perhaps even training there?
    http://www.kungfu-republic.com.au/
    Last edited by Sima Rong; 09-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.