Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best for self defense?

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    I have used these techniques, which to me are common sense. As a result I have never had to use violence against anyone or vice versa. You could say I have a black belt in avoidance.

Having said that, I will also say that I have noticed a sharp increase in stupid people and places that once were not stupid but now are, at times that formerly were not stupid that now are and as a result of this observation it is becoming increasingly clear to me that I need a lawful violent backup plan or just stay inside my house most of the time which I shouldn't have to do. Doing so only enables them and increases their violence toward others

Running is no longer an option as the person I help cannot run. Lawful violence needs to be an option for me, for my good and for the good of society. For a safer society we need more formidable good people out there not less IMO so bullies and punks will think twice before trying to victimize others.
    well said!

Firearms, pepper spray, tactical pens, tactical flashlights, whistle, etc. Check your local laws. Train with these tools in ideal conditions and also in less-than-ideal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is an example.

- You walk on the street.
    - A guy tries to drag a girl into his car.
    - The girl screams for help.

You can

- offer help. There will be some risk involved.
    - walk away. You may regret everyday for the rest of your life.
    You don't have to personally involve yourself if you don't want to.

Call 911. Or simply yell out loud that you will be calling the Police. Take down the license plate, take a pic of perp/car, etc.