Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Juan Carlos Aguilar: Shaolin gym owner arrested for torture and murder

Blog Entries
    SHAOLIN GRAPPLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hpt_ZVXm-I

well he's creative
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    SHAOLIN GRAPPLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hpt_ZVXm-I

well he's creative
    I read a news article on this in Spanish, said he was originally a JUDO SCHOOL so I guess it wasn't that hard to be "creative"

but, heck, his clothing alone was "creative"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Speak out against frauds!

ALWAYS knew this guy was a nutcase from the first I saw of him and what he was doing (his "Shaolin monk" claims and cult establishment he dared to call a Buddhist Monastery).

I was disgusted with his actions then and spoke out against it. But nothing near the disgust I feel now that we find out he's a serial killer.

I feel no shame in debunking frauds and no one should be afraid to do so. Do what you can to keep people from going to them, as harmless as they seem. Fear not the lawsuit. It's hard to tell and unexpected, but they may turn out like this, after all. Reports say they found bones and other apparently human remains in his home and gym and he admitted to other murders.

Hindsight and all that, but all the creepy knife-fetish stuff in that youtube video should have been a warning sign. Training form is one thing, but lovingly caressing a rambo knife and sliding it into its sheath with bedroom eyes? Putting that to chanting in front of a Buddha statue is just plain bizarre.
    Last edited by rett; 06-03-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Sad News 'Grandmaster Huang Carlos Aguilar'

Was very shocked when i'v read this.

Grandmaster Huang Carlos is arrested for double murder on 2 prostitutes.

http://www.diariovasco.com/20130603/...06030940.html#

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Hindsight and all that, but all the creepy knife-fetish stuff in that youtube video should have been a warning sign. Training form is one thing, but lovingly caressing a rambo knife and sliding it into its sheath with bedroom eyes? Putting that to chanting in front of a Buddha statue is just plain bizarre.
    Indeed it is. That was just over the top weird and had ...nothing to do with Shaolin and especially nothing to do with Buddhism.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this

I met Juan Carlos in '95. He trained alongside my class, not directly with us, but on the same floor at the same time. He was good then, very fast and strong, and extremely dedicated to his practice. He worked hard and was there by himself. He was focused mostly on modern wushu, but both taolu and sanda. He did some of the traditional Shaolin too. His skills were impressive. He was certainly one of the strongest laowai in Dengfeng at the time.

He did demonstrate with the wuseng, which many foreigners do. There's a certain level of acceptance there for sure, but there's also a level of the wuseng using the demo participation as a test for their student and a break for themselves. I even demo'ed with the monks with some tourists. But Juan was far more skilled than me. I never even mastered an aerial, so the notion of me performing for tourists was silly.

I'm surprised Juan Carlos didn't make our Non-Chinese Shaolin Monks list. He definitely posed as a monk in the European circles. He had a decent claim to being one of the earliest laowai there.

I'm totally horrified by all of this. Who wouldn't be? Juan Carlos was an intense guy, but I would never had seen this coming. Then again, I didn't know him that well really. I think he had a wife and kid. It's all so tragic.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

@geneching: You say it right, he's a strong and willing person.

Dont know what brought him so far todo such things.
    Off Course i'm sorry for the victims.

But when my friend told me this, this morning.
    I was complete frozen, or how I say it.

Now I can think in a other way about it, sorry again for the victims.

About shaolin:

Those monks you see drinking beer, why not?

Actually how much MONKS are left, by monks I mean TRUE monks!
    Not because you are a good student of some near by shaolin school and you are lucky to train with some big masters, and you shave your hair that you can be called a MONK!

But off course those people use the word SHAOLIN MONK.

What brings more money, Kung Fu Master or Shaolin Monk?

And please, in my opinion that can win money, from child they train in a school in deng feng until they are begin 20 or late 20!

All those years of suffering and hard training!
    99% do it to have a good pay'd job after.

What schould you do!

I don't know if anyone one else has seen this but The Telegraph has this detail:

According to local reports, Aguilar had been undergoing treatment for a cerebral tumour and his personality had become quite altered.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-murders.html

Of course there are no excuses, and nothing can reduce the horror, but's possible this was a physical-caused condition that arose recently, not something he's had with him all along.

Holy Master Ted Bundy

As my Shaolin brother, Gene Ching, noted: we met Juan Carlos in the mid '90s at the Shaolin Temple Wushu Center. His skill level was fairly impressive. He seemed a little odd, but no odder than many foreigners who came to the Shaolin village while I was there. It did seem strange to me that he shaved his head, wore Buddhist robes, and claimed to be a Shaolin monk, when he was not. Foreigners could not become Shaolin monks. The highest level they were allowed to reach was Shaolin disciple. Plus he had a wife and kid, so I assumed it was simply a marketing ploy on his part.

Obviously, there is no connection between his Shaolin training and this heinous crime. Tens of thousands of Chinese students and hundreds of foreigners have studied at Shaolin schools and 99.9% have gone on to become healthy, happy, productive members of their communities.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    I don't know if anyone one else has seen this but The Telegraph has this detail:

According to local reports, Aguilar had been undergoing treatment for a cerebral tumour and his personality had become quite altered.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-murders.html

Of course there are no excuses, and nothing can reduce the horror, but's possible this was a physical-caused condition that arose recently, not something he's had with him all along.
    Personality altered? He has been crazy for years and has always been a fraud. He was running a cult establishment there which he called a Buddhist monastery and named himself the abbot. This had been going on for years. I wouldn't be surprised if there were earlier crimes within the cult as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Personality altered? He has been crazy for years and has always been a fraud. He was running a cult establishment there which he called a Buddhist monastery and named himself the abbot. This had been going on for years. I wouldn't be surprised if there were earlier crimes within the cult as well.
    He may have been "crazy" for years and a "fraud" without being murderous. There is a difference there. We can’t know for sure, but if he had a brain tumor and people around him said he changed, it's not far fetched.

Are his earlier videos as creepy as the one the that Miqi posted with the knife-worship? The date on that video is very recent. Just before the two known crimes, I believe (but am not 100% on the timing of the confessed murder)

Dont' get me wrong. I'm not defending the crime and I don't consider him ever to have been a Buddhist monk. Just a person in a robe, using the robe for personal gain.
    Last edited by rett; 06-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Brain tumors can certainly have unpredictable effects, but I don't think they cause murderous impulses. The impulses must already be there and the tumor makes it difficult to act against them.

This guy always seemed crazy to me, but was able to restrain himself. It may be the development of the tumor that finally unleashed him.

Met him a few years ago ..... the guy was somewhat of a nutcase, obviously unimaginable that he is apparently a serial killer ..... but certainly easy to spot as quite a "weirdo"!

Facts well known about him in Europe:

1 - has been writing books stating to be a student of Suxi and disciple of Deyang when he was neither, as repeatedly stated by Deyang, who was involved with him by Budo magazine in various events and interviews as they were massively promoting Aguilar in Spain during the early 2000s

2 - in the last few years wrote magazine articles about himself having attained abilities higher than any master before him, including curing diseases with a touch, learning languages by browsing a dictionary, killing at a distance with energy, etc

3 - was aggressive to other teachers without reason, using totally out of place inappropriate verbal abuse and threats of harm coming to them.

Because of points 1 - 2 - 3 becoming quite well known around Europe, in the last decade he gradually lost much popularity and lately even Budo magazine - great "sponsors" and friends of his - stopped featuring him. Apparently he recently developed a serious illness, but he was certainly doing points 1 - 2 - 3 well before that.

Anyway, a very very sad story for him, his family, his students, and most of all the victims of his apparent insanity.....

Shaolin is obviously also taking and indirect but substantial "battering" on the european media at the moment.....
    Last edited by DamoY2K; 06-05-2013 at 02:35 AM.