Thread: Juan Carlos Aguilar: Shaolin gym owner arrested for torture and murder

Hybrid View

Juan Carlos Aguilar: Shaolin gym owner arrested for torture and murder

Very sad news from Spain.

http://www.thelocal.es/20130603/human-remains-found-in-shaolin-torturers-gym

Juan Carlos Aguilar, who supposedly was teaching Shaolin in Bilbao has been arrested for torturing a woman who is in a coma right now and human remains have been found inside the gym.
    He was already more of a cult leader than a shaolin teacher in my opinion, but this I didn't expect.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families if this is what it appears to be. Innocent until... and all that.

His Shaolin looks legit, at least, compared to other modern Shaolin monks - but the videos might have possibly been speeded up a bit. Not that that is the important issue here, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbmOWZm4Tk
    Last edited by Miqi; 06-03-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post

His Shaolin looks legit, at least, compared to other modern Shaolin monks - but the videos might have possibly been speeded up a bit. Not that that is the important issue here, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbmOWZm4Tk
    never looked legit to me

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I know Juan personally.

We trained together a little in '95 at Shaolin and hung out a little in the following years.

I am totally shocked. I'm still reeling from TCEC & KFTCD last weekend too, so I can't really wrap my head around this right now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene, please tell us based on that video, that he was different when you knew him? I hope the story comes out to be different.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I'm still doing clean-up for TCEC & KFTCD so I haven't had time to watch the vid...

I haven't seen him in over a decade. We only crossed paths at Shaolin, which is a surreal place to get to know anyone. That was mostly in the mid 90s to early 2000s.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ah doesn't surprise me. The MA scene has always had its share of wacko's especially those who thought they were shaolin monks.

Thats what you get when you indoctrinate foreigners into the Shaolin Temple merely for $$$$. Hell most if not all the MA monks are not even Full Monks.

So lets see how many incidents have happened out there.

1. Monk hang's himself in Shi Guo Lin's school

2. Shi Yan Ming isn't really a monk as he has a wife and kids both in China and the USA. Now he runs a cult temple

bet there are many more

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    never looked legit to me
    He's a so-so contemporary wushu guy - so are most of the Shaolin monks. Much of a muchness. Whether that's better or worse than the old or authentic Shaolin monks - I don't know. My old coach, who trained at Shaolin as a child, said that there were one or two "special" level monks who didn't have much to do with the commercial aspects of the temple. Myself, I don't know - but he's as legit as so-so contemporary wushu gets. But nothing compared to professional contemporary wushu.

Speak out against frauds!

ALWAYS knew this guy was a nutcase from the first I saw of him and what he was doing (his "Shaolin monk" claims and cult establishment he dared to call a Buddhist Monastery).

I was disgusted with his actions then and spoke out against it. But nothing near the disgust I feel now that we find out he's a serial killer.

I feel no shame in debunking frauds and no one should be afraid to do so. Do what you can to keep people from going to them, as harmless as they seem. Fear not the lawsuit. It's hard to tell and unexpected, but they may turn out like this, after all. Reports say they found bones and other apparently human remains in his home and gym and he admitted to other murders.

Hindsight and all that, but all the creepy knife-fetish stuff in that youtube video should have been a warning sign. Training form is one thing, but lovingly caressing a rambo knife and sliding it into its sheath with bedroom eyes? Putting that to chanting in front of a Buddha statue is just plain bizarre.
    Last edited by rett; 06-03-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Sad News 'Grandmaster Huang Carlos Aguilar'

Was very shocked when i'v read this.

Grandmaster Huang Carlos is arrested for double murder on 2 prostitutes.

http://www.diariovasco.com/20130603/...06030940.html#