Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juan Carlos Aguilar: Shaolin gym owner arrested for torture and murder

Juan Carlos Aguilar: Shaolin gym owner arrested for torture and murder

Very sad news from Spain.

http://www.thelocal.es/20130603/human-remains-found-in-shaolin-torturers-gym

Juan Carlos Aguilar, who supposedly was teaching Shaolin in Bilbao has been arrested for torturing a woman who is in a coma right now and human remains have been found inside the gym.
    He was already more of a cult leader than a shaolin teacher in my opinion, but this I didn't expect.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families if this is what it appears to be. Innocent until... and all that.

His Shaolin looks legit, at least, compared to other modern Shaolin monks - but the videos might have possibly been speeded up a bit. Not that that is the important issue here, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbmOWZm4Tk
    Last edited by Miqi; 06-03-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post

His Shaolin looks legit, at least, compared to other modern Shaolin monks - but the videos might have possibly been speeded up a bit. Not that that is the important issue here, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IbmOWZm4Tk
    never looked legit to me

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I know Juan personally.

We trained together a little in '95 at Shaolin and hung out a little in the following years.

I am totally shocked. I'm still reeling from TCEC & KFTCD last weekend too, so I can't really wrap my head around this right now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    never looked legit to me
    He's a so-so contemporary wushu guy - so are most of the Shaolin monks. Much of a muchness. Whether that's better or worse than the old or authentic Shaolin monks - I don't know. My old coach, who trained at Shaolin as a child, said that there were one or two "special" level monks who didn't have much to do with the commercial aspects of the temple. Myself, I don't know - but he's as legit as so-so contemporary wushu gets. But nothing compared to professional contemporary wushu.

Gene, please tell us based on that video, that he was different when you knew him? I hope the story comes out to be different.
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

I'm still doing clean-up for TCEC & KFTCD so I haven't had time to watch the vid...

I haven't seen him in over a decade. We only crossed paths at Shaolin, which is a surreal place to get to know anyone. That was mostly in the mid 90s to early 2000s.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

A white guy calling himself "Huang Aguilar"
    of course, he IS claiming to be a shaolin monk, absurd goes in pairs apparently

maybe he just read a bad spanish translation of the lotus sutra and thought he was supposed to sacrifice *****s to Buddha...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

ah doesn't surprise me. The MA scene has always had its share of wacko's especially those who thought they were shaolin monks.

Thats what you get when you indoctrinate foreigners into the Shaolin Temple merely for $$$$. Hell most if not all the MA monks are not even Full Monks.

So lets see how many incidents have happened out there.

1. Monk hang's himself in Shi Guo Lin's school

2. Shi Yan Ming isn't really a monk as he has a wife and kids both in China and the USA. Now he runs a cult temple

bet there are many more

Near as I can tell, monks are human too. they suffer all the same failings as people who aren't monks and have their own peculiar ways of going about the world...like everyone else.

If anything, I believe monks are less capable than people out there in the world dealing with it every day. It's ok to be a monk for a while in my opinion and viewpoint, but to stay one is to deny yourself a great deal of your own humanity. Successes and failures each!

I wouldn't put monks on any pedestals all too soon. Gives them even further to fall when you do that. This one has fallen by his own hand it seems.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Near as I can tell, monks are human too. they suffer all the same failings as people who aren't monks and have their own peculiar ways of going about the world...like everyone else.

If anything, I believe monks are less capable than people out there in the world dealing with it every day. It's ok to be a monk for a while in my opinion and viewpoint, but to stay one is to deny yourself a great deal of your own humanity. Successes and failures each!

I wouldn't put monks on any pedestals all too soon. Gives them even further to fall when you do that. This one has fallen by his own hand it seems.
    Additionally: It turns out the guy has confessed to not only torturing the prostitute but also to the murder. yeesh. yes, that is what you get when you sell out something that means integrity to someone that has no integrity because you have lost yours by selling it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Additionally: It turns out the guy has confessed to not only torturing the prostitute but also to the murder. yeesh. yes, that is what you get when you sell out something that means integrity to someone that has no integrity because you have lost yours by selling it.
    more for the chronicle that is the shaolin circus....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I think this is the other thing that was mentioned in regards to shaolin scandal

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...197912ef7aa8da

Disgusting.

Legit? Haven't seen any actual Shaolin in his videos, just some performance stuff. Though I do recognise him, I think we may have crossed paths at some point.

As a Shaolin practitioner myself I condemn this heinous crime in the strongest possible terms. The Shaolin discipline has dramatically failed to divert this warped individual from his foul impulses.

People like him, they promote themselves as being 'Shaolin Masters' yet do not demonstrate knowledge of actual Shaolin and clearly fail to represent its ideals, ideals which should come first when you dare to use that name. Things like this make me contemplate not associating with the name Shaolin any longer.

Prayers for the victim(s) and families.

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Disgusting.

Legit? Haven't seen any actual Shaolin in his videos, just some performance stuff. Though I do recognise him, I think we may have crossed paths at some point.

As a Shaolin practitioner myself I condemn this heinous crime in the strongest possible terms. The Shaolin discipline has dramatically failed to divert this warped individual from his foul impulses.

People like him, they promote themselves as being 'Shaolin Masters' yet do not demonstrate knowledge of actual Shaolin and clearly fail to represent its ideals, ideals which should come first when you dare to use that name. Things like this make me contemplate not associating with the name Shaolin any longer.

Prayers for the victim(s) and families.
    clearly he was a wack job... but he was a wack job that was given some credence by shaolin...

and, on the other hand, you hae the monk who committed suicide at Guo Lin's... gonna be harder for you to dismiss Guo Lin as an abberation, he is a legit shaolin person