Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Shaolin Real?

Is Shaolin Real?

What I mean is; Is modern Shaolin martial arts real in regards to combat effeciency and modern day demands of combat profeciency?

How much of 'traditional shaolin' combat martial arts are involved in shaolin sanda programs?

How much combat training is recieved at shaolin, in regards to pressure testing, and live fighting goes?

Has Shaolin Gong Fu gone the way of the unrealistic practices, untested technique (properly tested), and entered, primarily, into the realm of contemporary wushu?

I know there are always going to be people who hold true to martial training and work towards the goal of combat applicability, and vise versa. But where does the majority lie?

couldnt help myself....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Wushu Shaolin Distance Education Class

Where's your gongfu now?
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

See you can tell in that video he has real shaolin because he can go in slow mo, and he has the fist of fury.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    Oh my.... It just gets worse and worse!

A physics professor at the Uni by my house used audience volunteers to do many of the "skills" you typically see in Shaolin demos. Like the bed of nails sledge hammer brick thing and all that. It was refreshing to see a clearly unhealthy fat guy chosen randomly do these iron "skills".

And before you ask, Lucas, no.... he did not kick any volunteers in the nutts!!! and it was just a normal sledge hammer. Sadly, Thor never showed!

Thumbs down

That's not real gongfu. That is Wushu. His master is Cai Shen and he takes his orders from the PRC.

Real Shaolin has not existed since 1779. All the monks were killed and the story of the survivors is a PRC fable. My great great granduncle wrote about this in his diary that has been passed down through the family.

If Shaolin was real, you would not have to pay for it. Do Shaolin masters take money for teaching? Yes. Therefore, you are wrong.

That's not real gongfu. That is Wushu. His master is Cai Shen and he takes his orders from the PRC.

Real Shaolin has not existed since 1779. All the monks were killed and the story of the survivors is a PRC fable. My great great granduncle wrote about this in his diary that has been passed down through the family.

If Shaolin was real, you would not have to pay for it. Do Shaolin masters take money for teaching? Yes. Therefore, you are wrong.
    the real shaolin survives today as hung gar, choy lee fat and wing chun.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Are you threatening me?

that is so bueatiful. the floppy aluminum sword brought a tear to my eye.

that Asian woman looks like she only do the sex to whitey men.

the real shaolin survives today as hung gar, choy lee fat and wing chun.
    That is not Shaolin. That is kung fu that once came from Shaolin.

My ancestors came from England 600yrs ago. I live in America. I am not English.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Are you threatening me?
    What chu gonna do about it poosy?

that is so bueatiful. the floppy aluminum sword brought a tear to my eye.

that Asian woman looks like she only do the sex to whitey men.
    Bawang, sometimes, your words are priceless.

look-A$$

For the record, I kicked this dood's azz.

He sued me so I can't upload the video.

What chu gonna do about it poosy?
    I will infiltrate your home town and use the way of the wombat to conquer unseen, with savage speed and un paralleled effeciency, then all your base are belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I will infiltrate your home town and use the way of the wombat to conquer unseen, with savage speed and un paralleled effeciency, then all your base are belong to me.
    don't forget to drink the fire ice potion, then when you do the romance by force to the fragrant mouse, it not the gay.