Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What style is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    It is, but your enemy may know lawyer-fu.

That's - largely - why I don't do challenge matches with whiney trolls on the internet. I humiliate them, they sue me. I'm not dumb.

Carry around a stick, and unless you're attacked with a weapon, you could face legal charges (more absurd things have happened).

You also need to ask yourself what you'll do when you don't have a stick with you.

There are so many variables.
    If you look back at my post in this thread, the reason why i like the short stick is because there are a lot of stick like objects , handles, etc, household common object that can be grabbed in an emergency knife defense. I wasnt suggesting walking around town with a stick. LOL

heres the quote from my previous post
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    Is there a single short staff in some KF style? so if someone pulls a knife you can use a short stick or handle laying around better than bare handed against a knife no?
    Last edited by KungFubar; 06-06-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Sure, it's great against a knife. I just wouldn't bet the farm on depending on something always being around, that's all.

addendum: really, anything that is longer than a knife can be used effectively against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Sure, it's great against a knife. I just wouldn't bet the farm on depending on something always being around, that's all.

addendum: really, anything that is longer than a knife can be used effectively against it.
    ya nothing is for sure, even if you have a gun and carry it everywhere.

If you look back at my post in this thread, the reason why i like the short stick is because there are a lot of stick like objects , handles, etc, household common object that can be grabbed in an emergency knife defense. I wasnt suggesting walking around town with a stick. LOL

heres the quote from my previous post
    I think that's becoming less of a reality nowadays. Sure I have a lot of stick like utensils in my office (I work in multimedia and have all sorts of camera stuff that is stick like) but when I walk campus, I rarely find anything that can be used as a weapon. I suspect this is true of most places. So, if the stick's your thing, I think you'll have to invest in a collapsible baton.

My p3nis then!

... sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    My p3nis then!

B, bro, listen, I agree with a lot of what you say but............

.....................I don't need to know about that
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

My p3nis then!

Ya you are right because I think 4" is the maximum legal size of a knife you can carry.

Ya you are right because I think 4" is the maximum legal size of a knife you can carry.
    It's not the size of the hammer, it's how well you pound the nails.

It's not the size of the hammer, it's how well you pound the nails.
    Hard to drive railroad spikes in with a tack hammer....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Hard to drive railroad spikes in with a tack hammer....
    Tried it once in college. Didn't do much, but it sure was a lot of fun trying!