Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forms of Hung Fut? 10 animals?

Forms of Hung Fut? 10 animals?

I read somewhere that Hung Fut has 10 animals? I'm aware that its roots have some origin in Hung Ga. Can someone please list the other 10 remaining animals?

Also, can someone please post a list of forms/sets of the style? Thanks

LTN

10 and 12 animals seem to belong to Xingyi (Hsing I)
    Hung Gar is big on 5 animals (snake, crane, dragon, leopard and tiger) but also has "10 killing hands" you think maybe it was this you heard of?
    I haven't heard of 10 animals in a common place way within Hung Gar.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

10 animals of southern kung fu

tiger
    crane
    leopard
    snake
    dragon

elephant
    monkey
    horse
    lion
    tiger cub
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I believe some mistake Sup Ying Kuen in Hung Gar as 10 Animals when I think it is 5 Animals (Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Crane & Panther) & 5 Elements (Metal, Earth, Wood, Water & Fire).

On a side note: CLF has deer as one of its 10 animals (albeit not in my lineage).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/4...wkendoinfon-21

I think this book by Kwan Tak Hing goes on about the Hung family and its fists...could that be the lead?? His foster father was Fok Hung,
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I believe some mistake Sup Ying Kuen in Hung Gar as 10 Animals when I think it is 5 Animals (Tiger, Dragon, Snake, Crane & Panther) & 5 Elements (Metal, Earth, Wood, Water & Fire).

On a side note: CLF has deer as one of its 10 animals (albeit not in my lineage).
    WFH hung ga = 5 animals and 5 elements
    not really "sup ying" but "ng ying ng haang kuen" is hard to wrap tongue around

There is village hung kuen and hung Fut with 10 animals
    I hve seen various lists for CLF 10 animals

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"tiger cub" made me lol. I 'm sure you were laughing when you typed it.

9 out of 10 that lkfmdc put up are among HF 10 animals. The other one is Eagle.

Pretty much what LKFMDC said. You might find people swap in and out 1 or 2 (like the deer mentioned above) but most of those sound right.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    "tiger cub" made me lol. I 'm sure you were laughing when you typed it.
    "biu" is a "tiger cub"... perfectly serious, get over it

I was told "biu" refered to deer but the tiger cub thing came up as well with that however the person said biu also referred to a deer in someway. The deer is used in the Chan Family lineage, whereas I have seen tiger cub in others. My wife said the characters used in DFWs list refers to a tiger not a deer (lok).

Supposedly it involves avey archaic character not really used anymore that shares the same sound as biu - tiger cub. This character is said to mean something like "golden flaming deer."
    and has the radical for deer on the right side of the character and on the left side is metal and underneath the deer radical is fire. There were links to the character but they no longer work so who knows.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 06-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Hung Kuen 10 Animals :
    Tiger, Snake, Leopard, Crane, Dragon, Elephant, Lion, Horse, Monkey and Wild Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Hung Kuen 10 Animals :
    Tiger, Snake, Leopard, Crane, Dragon, Elephant, Lion, Horse, Monkey and Wild Cat
    Interesting. So the Hung Fut schools have the other 5?

I have heard of deer and bear and horse as well, but I think these are related to Hsing I.

anyway...

this is still interesting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I was told "biu" refered to deer but the tiger cub thing came up as well with that however the person said biu also referred to a deer in someway. The deer is used in the Chan Family lineage, whereas I have seen tiger cub in others. My wife said the characters used in DFWs list refers to a tiger not a deer (lok).

Supposedly it involves avey archaic character not really used anymore that shares the same sound as biu - tiger cub. This character is said to mean something like "golden flaming deer."
    and has the radical for deer on the right side of the character and on the left side is metal and underneath the deer radical is fire. There were links to the character but they no longer work so who knows.
    My dictionairies are in boxes in the basement, but I had the character, it is "fu" with a "sam dim soi" if you know what that means... in a classical dictionary it means a tiger cub

There is also Ba Ji Chuan which has the Bear and Tiger...