Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is JKD and MMA the same thing basically?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Like the grappling section , if the opponent were to grapple with me , I would do anything to get out of the opponents' grappling move , by doing anything I can use striking him in the face , you see if I were to use grappling on the opponent himself , it can turn out to be a chess game . And I can get tired and the opponent may in turn have the advantage over me . So to reallly avoid this things from happening to me , I would get out of the opponents' grappling move or hold the minute I get the chance otherwise I ' m in trouble already .
    lol you make it sound so easy. many of the positioning of JJ/BJJ are lock down movements, containment movements, etc. It's not that easy. I would suggest going and trying what you purpose on someone of skill in that area. You'll find it's not that easy to just "get out".
    their is no magic answer to the grappling equation such as you suggest. Yes "getting out" is the goal but just striking someone or biting, eye gouge, etc. or what ever is not as easy as you think from the positioning that grappling puts you in. grappling is about dominant position in most cases and it very hard to strike from a lot of those positions if you are in the opposite side of receiving.
    learning grappling and how to nullify a lot of it is determinant on knowledge in that area and experience in doing it.
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 08-09-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

and MMA as in sport fighting is a rule set not a system
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Is JKD and MMA the same thing basically ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    lol you make it sound so easy. many of the positioning of JJ/BJJ are lock down movements, containment movements, etc. It's not that easy. I would suggest going and trying what you purpose on someone of skill in that area. You'll find it's not that easy to just "get out".
    their is no magic answer to the grappling equation such as you suggest. Yes "getting out" is the goal but just striking someone or biting, eye gouge, etc. or what ever is not as easy as you think from the positioning that grappling puts you in. grappling is about dominant position in most cases and it very hard to strike from a lot of those positions if you are in the opposite side of receiving.
    learning grappling and how to nullify a lot of it is determinant on knowledge in that area and experience in doing it.
    Dragonzbane , you pretty smart in replying to my topic post without putting my name on , but I know pretty much what I ' ve written , anyway , you ' re entitiled to your own individual opinion anyway .

You see if someone got you into a choke hold from the back , and really bought you down , before you end up tapping out or choking out , you would use another technique of your choice to really get out of it right ? Because you know about grappling more than I do right ? So for you it' s either you ' re going to survive or get choked out or tap out right ? Even when you get out of the choke hold you either going break the opponents arm or leg right ? And what if your opponent counters your moves right . You said I make it look easy ? Well chances are you ' ll never know what your opponents going to do right ? As far as I know unless you knock the opponent out , the fight is going to go on and on , before you know it , either one of you going to be lying on the ground .

I know that grappling is like the way you describe it right ? And I can believe that what you say about grappling is right ? For me reality is that I ' m not going to let the opponent choke me out , or break my my leg or arm , I ' m going to survive . sound easy right ? But got to try otherwise I ' ll be a victim , but I don ' t want to be a victim , so I would try to survive . I know alot of guys who grapple too , they ended up submiting to their opponent . If you can choke the opponent out good or break the opponents arm great , but what if the opponent ends up retaliating against you . That is where the battle can go and on . Where does the battle end ? That ' s why I wrote what I wrote on my topic . If you still think I ' m joking well that ' s you not me .

Even jerry poteet said the way you fight standing up , is the same way you can fight on the ground . And if you don ' t know who that is , then I don ' t know you too .

hey man, what ever floats your boat....