Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone trained with Master Su Yu-Chang?

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    All the sparring in a school against one's training brothers doesn't mean anything unless it works on an outsider.
    Thank you for the advice, ngokfei, I agree wholeheartedly!

I just can't seem to locate records for either school. The best I have to go off of is a couple of sparring vids... Not the best source, but at least they don't look like sloppy kickboxers and actually understand how to throw someone
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Kymus,

All you can really do is go down to their school and observe a few days of their classes. Honestly, this should give you enough information to determine if their kwoon is somewhere you want to be.

Videos can give you a false sense of what they are actually doing. They can be edited and staged. Go down and take a look for yourself.
    What, me worry?

Remember, there is a big difference between slap boxing, point fighting and san da. I won't comment on their videos since I have not seen them.

* I watched their videos and it looks like slap boxing to me but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by mantis7; 06-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    What, me worry?

There's no substitute for actually joining and training.

nothing free in this world and I highly doubt a teacher would let individuals come back again and again to watch their class. I for one don't allow visitors to view but then again I also give free trial lesson.

You'll probably be only watching a beginners class which generally won't have that much sparring going on.

For me if a individual who has initial training and wants to excell up thats fine as long as they can pass the requirements. The 1st requirement is to be in shape. Not saying Kymus is this individual.

The 1st requirement is to be in shape. Not saying Kymus is this individual.
    Want some ben and jerry's bro?
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis7 View Post
    Remember, there is a big difference between slap boxing, point fighting and san da. I won't comment on their videos since I have not seen them.

* I watched their videos and it looks like slap boxing to me but that is just my opinion.
    Generally this is how I spar with friends of mine that also train. Medium contact, no pads, most things are legal.

But as I mentioned before, I'm just amazed that it actually looks like Kung Fu. There's demonstration of technique and they even know how to throw

nah I'm a haagen dazs guy - black cherry or pistachio

nah I'm a haagen dazs guy - black cherry or pistachio

Black cherry then. I'm down with that. I'm also a fan of their vanilla fudge brownie.

Of course, I only know from reading reviews... it's not like I'd ever buy a pint and eat the whole thing by myself... nope.... never......

i'm guilty of that but its been quite some years since I've attempted it. ahh youth.

I never understood not alowing someone to see more than one class and making it a beginners class. What is your thinking about that Eric?
    What, me worry?

For one thing the students aren't on exhibition for visitors. thats not what they signed up for.

Even a tour of a gym they do a walk through, they don't put a chair in from of the studio window and let an individual sit there for the entire session. There's a big enough problem with all the guys checking out the Zumba Class

If a person wants to see what a school is all about then just enroll. Its become standard business practice in most to offer a introductory program. Like 2 sessions for $20

If a individual can't afford that then they really aren't serious about training.

In my personal experience I've actually joined schools as they didn't have a Introductory Program. And yes some turned out to suck and on 1 occasion I didn't finish the month out. So a loss of $60

There's a big enough problem with all the guys checking out the Zumba Class
    Do you teach the combat applications too?