Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice clip

Nice clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Real quality stuff from 0:10 to 0:42s

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    I like it!
    You have similar elements in some of the clips you posted Sean. Also good stuff

Yes good clip.

Nice technique, but no live energy. Well, it's semi-live energy. Look at how the opponent is artificially leaving strikes out there in a pose position. This is the same thing all the one-step punch response videos do in all MA to demonstrate "defending against the punch". I mean for some kind of demo that's fine. But live energy is real energy. And without that....

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Nice technique, but no live energy. Well, it's semi-live energy. Look at how the opponent is artificially leaving strikes out there in a pose position. This is the same thing all the one-step punch response videos do in all MA to demonstrate "defending against the punch". I mean for some kind of demo that's fine. But live energy is real energy. And without that....
    It's a friendly seminar with students not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    It's a friendly seminar with students not opponents.
    Sure. Please tell me you know the difference between semi-live and live. Drilling and videos of it at various scales of liveness are fine - and sure PB shows good technique in them all.

Sure. Please tell me you know the difference between semi-live and live. Drilling and videos of it at various scales of liveness are fine - and sure PB shows good technique in them all.
    Semi and live energy????? LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Semi and live energy????? LMFAO
    Easy to identify the ones who can't distinguish the difference.

Wink

Uhhhh, you figured that out because he laughed?

Take care,

These are clips of PB showing techniques and demonstrating to students (I assume). What do you expect exactly?

The clips of Jerry from HK that I posted a few weeks ago are live as opposed to demos..but then you complain about the contact level. And we still haven't managed to see a clip of wing chun you actually approve of. It is beginning to seem like you don't approve of wing chun.

Easy to identify the ones who can't distinguish the difference.
    I tend not to dwell on useless scenarios and ideas.

That is just another example of how people fill the system up with nonsense.

My opinion of course........

I have an idea can we just have a sticky thread labeled something like the Philip Bayer appreciation thread so that when his admirers want to post more videos of him doing the lop sau drill with various students they can be collected in one place. That way too the rest of us who tire of seeing video after video of the same thing which always seem to be called good clip or good video or something similar have some warning we are about to experience déjà vu all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    I have an idea can we just have a sticky thread labeled something like the Philip Bayer appreciation thread so that when his admirers want to post more videos of him doing the lop sau drill with various students they can be collected in one place. That way too the rest of us who tire of seeing video after video of the same thing which always seem to be called good clip or good video or something similar have some warning we are about to experience déjà vu all over again.
    In that case we should create somewhere to place all your posts as well. It will save me having to bypass them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    In that case we should create somewhere to place all your posts as well. It will save me having to bypass them all the time.
    Really the easiest thing for you is to just switch over the a Philip Bayer forum where you won't encounter people with different ideas and perspectives.