Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WC vs Mike Tyson Street Fight

why is it understood that knives, guns etc was excluded. thats a pretty common thing in many parts of the World.
    I met two phillipinos once when training jungle warfare. both had loads of scars from fights and one was later killed back home in a street bout by a machete.

Also when you say street fight are we talking bar fight against gentlemen or a couple street muggers that Arent afraid to kill you.
    Your Whole premise is just too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    It was just a simple question and appropriate for this forum and this WC section. I am mystified why it was met with such defensiveness and indignation and how it could offend anyone.

Obviously street fight in the context the question was asked means hand to hand combat, your Wing Chun or someone you know vs Mike Tyson in his prime without rules. Its understood that rocket launchers, grenades, guns, knives, and driving over him with a car is not within the context. hahahahah crazy

I think only tc101 answered straight up what he thought even though he ventured outside WC but I admit I did not specify WC only, however i posted in the WC forum so I thought it was understood.

So if I hurt anyones feelings here it was not my intent. The reason I posted the question is because last night after posting in that thread about WC being for old men I looked up some old boxers and then one thing led to another and I found myself watching Tyson fights when he was 19 and just marveling at the athleticism, speed power etc and I wondered how the best WC would match up not in a boxing ring with rules but in a one on one self defense situation.

I think its a fair question and Im sure Im not the only one who has wondered it. I was sincerely perplexed with the responses it got but I meant no disrespect or offense.
    A fight between two people in my view if we exclude sucker punches and so forth comes down to not the art or their idea or concept within the art but who performs at the highest level or who can better perform. Tyson at his prime could perform at the highest level imaginable which is why he is a legend. He would have crushed any one in a pure fist fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    Also when you say street fight are we talking bar fight against gentlemen or a couple street muggers that Arent afraid to kill you.
    Your Whole premise is just too vague.
    The obvious comparative thing about Mike Tyson is his skill as an unarmed fighter, so that is the obvious thing we are talking about. No need to delve into the imagination to create a vagueness that does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Tyson at his prime could perform at the highest level imaginable which is why he is a legend. He would have crushed any one in a pure fist fight.
    That's my impression as well and Im not hearing any opinion to the contrary. They want to introduce weapons and scenarios that negate the crux of the question which is "mike tyson" vs "best WV practitioner you know of" obviously in unarmed combat.