• not a real match but real skills

0 0%
  • someone pass to dutchie to the left

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: is this match real?

POLL: is this match real?

We've argued over the 1954 wu kung yi vs chan hak fu match. We've argued over that "wushu star" show and its fake matches... well, let's try this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcrOm6ATzM

I have people on facebook who think it is 100% real match.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

That was like watching a professional wrestling match, or maybe a train wreck, it's hard to tell.

and yet there are people who SWEAR it is real

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    and yet there are people who SWEAR it is real
    Scary isn't it? I'd say thanks for the entertaining video but truthfully I'd like to have that 4 minutes and 37 seconds of my life back.

Blog Entries
    It's a fake match. The reason is simple.

- In reality, it's not that easy to break a clinch apart.
    - At 1.48, Huang used his right hand to push his opponent's chin. Anybody even without any MA training would try to use his left hand to push Huang's right chin pushing hand away.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-17-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

It just looks like an exhibition to me, and not a very good one, either.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Looks like a pro wrestling match today with out of shape old guys.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Totally CGI
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

We've argued over the 1954 wu kung yi vs chan hak fu match. We've argued over that "wushu star" show and its fake matches... well, let's try this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcrOm6ATzM

I have people on facebook who think it is 100% real match.
    Not a real match by today's standards but I think a real match by their standards. I think there were unspoken conventions or gentlemen agreements in these sorts of matches and they were not fights as we think of them but more as demonstrations of skill with a semi resisting opponent so that each could show their supposed goods.

An obvious question (and problem for those calling it "real"); this "champion wrestler" doesn't pummel, he doesn't go for over and under hooks, his head is in the wrong position, he attempts no snap downs, no headlocks, no duck unders, he makes no attempts at leg takedowns ... the whole thing should be rather obviously fake... but, again, a few swear by it

It was a real exhibition match for fun with a pre-determined end result.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

An obvious question (and problem for those calling it "real"); this "champion wrestler" doesn't pummel, he doesn't go for over and under hooks, his head is in the wrong position, he attempts no snap downs, no headlocks, no duck unders, he makes no attempts at leg takedowns ... the whole thing should be rather obviously fake... but, again, a few swear by it
    Good or skilled is a different question. You are assuming that if it is real then you would see good wrestling but what if he is not good so called champion or not? Then you may not see pummeling, snap downs, good head position and so on all you see is really poor wrestling. In fact if it was worked I would expect to see a better display of skills since they are easier to pull off when the opponent cooperates.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Good or skilled is a different question. You are assuming that if it is real then you would see good wrestling but what if he is not good so called champion or not? Then you may not see pummeling, snap downs, good head position and so on all you see is really poor wrestling. In fact if it was worked I would expect to see a better display of skills since they are easier to pull off when the opponent cooperates.
    it doesn't have to be good, but it should be there!
    It is TOTALLY ABSENT

It would be like advertisign someone as a "boxer" and them not even trying to punch!

So, do YOU think it is real?

it doesn't have to be good, but it should be there!
    It is TOTALLY ABSENT

It would be like advertisign someone as a "boxer" and them not even trying to punch!

So, do YOU think it is real?
    As I said I think it is real by their culture and time period but not by our standards and time period.

I agree with you that this is extremely poor wrestling but I think that was unfortunately the norm at that time. Thanks to mma we now have been exposed to good wrestling for fighting and we look with educated eyes. If you saw that same clip 30 years ago or when it was made most of the wrestling uneducated would not see the problems.

Even if a complete work would you not expect to see the basics of good wrestling? We did not see them because he did not have them.

As I said I think it is real by their culture and time period but not by our standards and time period.
    that is a "non answer"... it is either a real match or not

I agree with you that this is extremely poor wrestling but I think that was unfortunately the norm at that time.
    That is around 1960! You don't think there was real wrestling in 1960!

Even if a complete work would you not expect to see the basics of good wrestling? We did not see them because he did not have them.
    What I see was a "set up" to "sell" magical taiji chi power skills, so the so called "wrestler" falls down for no reason half the time