Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video Speed

1. Arrow New video Speed

this is a new video I posted on youtube.

Hope you enjoy watching it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWfu9qAOSM

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by bogdan.sifu; 06-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Get faster and better results, regardless of your lineage and martial arts background.

www.addicted2WingChun.com

Why are you stepping off line when your partner isn't really doing anything to challenge your center in the first place? (Not trying to pick on you, just curious what this is supposed to be showing..)

And, I find the quote below very ironic when the guy in your clip is doing the exact same thing by pretty much stopping all action to allow you to pull off your '5 moves in a half second':

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.sifu View Post
    Bayer's videos are always enjoyable to watch. I just wish that the students would put up fight sometime.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-18-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

thank you it is very nice dear

I like his clip because he’s doing what he do, and without putting other’s down like most self-glorified seminars babies do, that learn something one day than teach it like they had it for years. His skills along with his post shows that he’s at least being honest.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Why are you stepping off line when your partner isn't really doing anything to challenge your center in the first place? (Not trying to pick on you, just curious what this is supposed to be showing..)

And, I find the quote below very ironic when the guy in your clip is doing the exact same thing by pretty much stopping all action to allow you to pull off your '5 moves in a half second':
    Thanks for the question!

You can find the same step in the Wooden Dummny, of course. If you are interested in the form. Wing Chun has many angles of attack and that is called Changing, in our system. It's awesome, like boxer's dodge.

And of course, that is my opinion on Bayer's video and what I'm showing is just a drill, not free sparring
    Last edited by bogdan.sifu; 06-18-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Get faster and better results, regardless of your lineage and martial arts background.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I like his clip because he’s doing what he do, and without putting other’s down like most self-glorified seminars babies do, that learn something one day than teach it like they had it for years. His skills along with his post shows that he’s at least being honest.
    thank you, glad you like it!

Bogdan , are you Serbian ? You have Serbian name ...

You can find the same step in the Wooden Dummny, of course. If you are interested in the form.
    The step to the outside within the dummy form isn't for stepping outside on a live opponent.............................like in your video

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    What is this drill supposed to be about???

Good queston as I'm trying to decipher the odjective of this particular drill ?? Ygkym ..Seung Ma - Forward Attacking Footwork needs work only , arm and no core structure development ? Not trying to knock you mate just calling it how I see it

10. Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    The step to the outside within the dummy form isn't for stepping outside on a live opponent.............................like in your video

OF COURSE it is my friend! Inside is quick, outside is safe If we ever meet in real life, I can show you how you use it, I can't explain it in a forum....
    Last edited by bogdan.sifu; 06-19-2013 at 03:55 AM.

OF COURSE it is my friend! Inside is quick, outside is safe If we ever meet in real life, I'll be happy to show you how you use it !
    It can be OF COURSE if you believe what you are told. So I can explain a little to prevent us getting in a bag fight.

Just as many people wrongly assume that the Wooden Man represents a human being they also take each movement from the form and apply it exactly the way it is shown in the form. However they fail to realize that the dummy is a fixed object. It cannot move left, right, backwards or forwards (only by a fraction) like a live training partner so we have to move AROUND IT. There are many actions in the dummy that are not performed as they would be in chi sau/goh sau because of this.

The forms in Ving Tsun are abstract. They contain exercises that only become useful when executed correctly in chi sau/goh sau and sparring. There are many things inside the system that are there purely to help the development of the students behavior and are NOT fighting applications. If applied exactly the way they are in the forms they do not function correctly in sparring so people adapt them to try and make them work and in the end miss the whole point completely.

Ving Tsun is a very un-natural way of fighting although conceptually makes perfect sense. How can we become accustomed to such un-natural fighting actions and concepts?? We have a series of exercises that gradually develop it. SLT - CK - MYJ - LDBK - BJD and if the sh1t hits the fan then BJ to cut our losses and run . They all compliment each other in one way or another but to make them function correctly we have this unique drill called chi sau. Chi Sau is not a fight so we have a bridge.....Goh Sau. Goh Sau is still not the finished article so then we move to sparring. After that it all depends on where the individual wants to take it. Competition? Real life street fights? Who knows?

HOWEVER.................if you can make that stuff work for you then fair play. As is seen time and time again some guys can make even the worse sh1t work for them.

If we ever meet in real life, I can show you how you use it, I can't explain it in a forum....
    I don't fancy your chances with that way of moving but I admire your confidence!

Maybe you can become my Teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    It can be OF COURSE if you believe what you are told. So I can explain a little to prevent us getting in a bag fight.

Just as many people wrongly assume that the Wooden Man represents a human being they also take each movement from the form and apply it exactly the way it is shown in the form. However they fail to realize that the dummy is a fixed object. It cannot move left, right, backwards or forwards (only by a fraction) like a live training partner so we have to move AROUND IT. There are many actions in the dummy that are not performed as they would be in chi sau/goh sau because of this.

The forms in Ving Tsun are abstract. They contain exercises that only become useful when executed correctly in chi sau/goh sau and sparring. There are many things inside the system that are there purely to help the development of the students behavior and are NOT fighting applications. If applied exactly the way they are in the forms they do not function correctly in sparring so people adapt them to try and make them work and in the end miss the whole point completely.
    How is your behavior in fighting not a fighting application?

Ving Tsun is a very un-natural way of fighting although conceptually makes perfect sense. How can we become accustomed to such un-natural fighting actions and concepts??
    As I learned wing chun it is a very natural way of fighting. I think it becomes un-natural when you try to use the wing chun actions in an un-natural way. For instance if our arms are in contact with your arm on top and I try to hit you jum sau is a natural action even the untrained will use it.

We have a series of exercises that gradually develop it. SLT - CK - MYJ - LDBK - BJD and if the sh1t hits the fan then BJ to cut our losses and run . They all compliment each other in one way or another but to make them function correctly we have this unique drill called chi sau. Chi Sau is not a fight so we have a bridge.....Goh Sau. Goh Sau is still not the finished article so then we move to sparring. After that it all depends on where the individual wants to take it. Competition? Real life street fights? Who knows?

HOWEVER.................if you can make that stuff work for you then fair play. As is seen time and time again some guys can make even the worse sh1t work for them.
    Interesting because as I learned wing chun it was first application then dummy then form. Chi sau as I learned it was a drill for practicing and sharpening our wing chun movement or action as the drill sort of forces you to use proper wing chun movement to be successful. Just a different perspective.

this is a new video I posted on youtube.

Hope you enjoy watching it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWfu9qAOSM

Let me know what you think!
    I am assuming that you have posted this video to market your wing chun product. If this is the case then it may perhaps impress complete beginners but since what you show can be performed by most advanced beginners in any wing chun class I do not think it will impress anyone who already practices wing chun.

How is your behavior in fighting not a fighting application?
    Our thinking couldn't be more different. I don't see a point in continuing to answer you or shall we engage in a forum lovers tiff again? lol
    As I learned wing chun it is a very natural way of fighting. I think it becomes un-natural when you try to use the wing chun actions in an un-natural way. For instance if our arms are in contact with your arm on top and I try to hit you jum sau is a natural action even the untrained will use it.
    So you think punching with a vertical fist, with the elbow inside the body using one arm to do two actions is natural do you? You don't need to train then IMO. There is no sticky or arm contact in my system (albeit a fraction of a second) so I cannot answer you.

Interesting because as I learned wing chun it was first application then dummy then form. Chi sau as I learned it was a drill for practicing and sharpening our wing chun movement or action as the drill sort of forces you to use proper wing chun movement to be successful. Just a different perspective.
    So we learn two different systems then. No problem is it?