Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MT Clinch

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    That's interesting, I've been told you can't throw from "bear hug" in modern MT; but in Thailand we were drilling this move as a ring technique. I also saw it published in a book under modern ring techniques.

Maybe it's open to some interpretation with what techs they let slide? I know they made me work the toss from "bear hug" but hollered at me whenever I used a hip toss....

Of course if you got the balls to do handstand kicks like Saenchai, you should be allowed to do anything.....
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e6_1313113135

I.... think you're right.. sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e6_1313113135

I.... think you're right.. sheesh
    Koing your sparring partner? Really Saenchai?????
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I know the guy in that video (tord) very well and they were joking around. There was no malice in that at all.

You are allowed to "throw" from the clinch in MT but only by unbalancing them over your knee/thigh. Its not so much a throw but an unbalancing. You can't do hip throws or anything like that.
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Koing your sparring partner? Really Saenchai?????
    lol rite? he's all "oooooh I knocked him out? ooooh sorry sorry I didn't mean to!! RU OK?"

lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix-eye View Post
    I know the guy in that video (tord) very well and they were joking around. There was no malice in that at all.
    Still must have been pretty cool to spar with him, even with a headache....I'd have posted the video myself....
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    irony! Because I'd say some of the few people teaching real Muay Thai here in the US include Jonsanan and Nop.... and being two of my friends are Jeremy Bellrose (under Jongsanan) and Kevin Ross....
    Well, it might be a matter of perspective then...
    Personally, I don't think it's that few...

The UK started off with just Toddy & Sken.
    Toddy bolted just like he did recently and Sken produced Danny Green.
    Decades later you get a Liam Harrison.

On the flip side, the States has:
    Kru Puk (Surapuk Jamjuntr - MTA in Cali)
    Kru Pong (Houston)
    Master K (New Jersey)
    Vut Kamnaruk (well at least at one time)
    Saeksan (Plano)
    Ajarn Chai (Cali)
    Ganyao (Cali)
    Jongsanan (Cali)
    Bunkerd (Cali)
    Malaipet (Cali)
    Neungsiam (Cali)
    Coke Chunawat (Cali & Plano)
    BM Sasiprapa (Cali & Plano)
    Kaensak (New Jersey)
    Coban (New York)
    Kronphet (Cali & Austin)
    Lerdsila (Cali)
    Kongnapa BM Service (Cali)
    Matee (Michigan)
    Khunpon (Atlanta)
    Nop (Vegas & Cali)
    Sakmongkol (Colorado)

After that is a bunch of guys maybe you never heard of like Ngamkhao, my coaches (Kru Phet & Kru Vong), the pad holders Toddy brought in and left here,

Don't even get me started on the legit non-Thai guys like Melchor Menor, Hyena, DeLuca, Strottemeyer, Matt Nielsen, Khun Kao, Cosmo, Megalodon, Vivek, man we could be here a while...

As far as off balancing rules, there are some that aren't sanctioned but aren't strictly forbidden. Technically they won't score, but they'll leave an impression in the judges' minds. It's not like Saenchai's doing the bear hug where u put your head in the guys chest & crank his lower back, or slams, or big hip throws.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Nice technical post Frost, thanks for the good oil.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia