Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would SLT be of any use if it was all you ever got to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    No need to bull**** - but no need to act like an evangelical touch by the Lord, and then mix it in with schoolboy insults about people you have never actually met and trained with.

But I guess this is how you get your kicks.
    It's a forum, lighten up. I do meet students face to face and laugh about this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    How did LT court case end up for being accused of assaulting his pregnant mistress ? I saw some artists sketches of him, they don't allow cameras in court.
    Leung Ting was acquitted without charge - meaning he was cleared of charges made against him. Independent doctor reports showed that the injuries the young woman had were not consistent with being beaten (as she claimed) but were consistent with Leung Ting's testimony that stated she attempted to jump from a window and he grabbed her and pulled her back in - her falling hard to the floor in doing so. Leung Ting could have pressed charges against the women, following a false accusation - but I believe he simply asked the court to consider helping the woman gain treatment for mental issues.

But I don't understand you. This story has what exactly to do with Leung Ting's Wing Tsun? Or you mean you were looking for a photograph of Leung Ting from around the time of the case?
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

@BPWT

You have mentioned my name in nearly all your posts. I can't be bothered to respond to any of your nonsense BUT...........LT was reagrded by Yip Man? lolololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    In the TST style i do stepping, turning and kicking is introduced before CK, so theres no problem utilising SLT with the above. And remember, TST is the king of SLT
    They also did a hand drill called 4 corner defense and for basic self defense it worked quite well.

The mainland style i did did a ton of stepping, turning and kicking before CK ,we were even better prepared in that regards.

So sure, you can certainly become sound with SLT and the rest i mentioned
    Ok Glenn. I suppose you can do what ever you want.

Uhhh....are you going to be using Tan Sau?
    Yes I use Tan Sau in SLT for training the punch. Not for punching or blocking things.

Straight punch?
    Ok I guess you could use the punch as it is in SLT but I prefer to use it with a pivot and step. The punching in SLT is for training the mechanics. If you want to stand in from of an aggressive attacker and try and punch him whilst stood in YGKYM that's up to you mate!

Bong Sau?
    Bong Sau in SLT does not work. It needs the correct roatation speed and the pivot and/or step for it to work properly. It also needs a punch with it (Kwan Sau)

Pak Sau?
    You would use a pak sau like it is trained in SLT on an opponent would you?

Gan Sau?
    The above answer applies

Centerline Structure?
    WTF does that mean?

How can you call what you do Wing Chun WITHOUT the SLT?
    You can't but SLT is for training not fighting

It holds the fundamentals for the system.
    Yes true but many things cannot function correctly until we add the step/pivot and strategy from CK

Sure you can learn all of these things from drilling, but the SLT is solo training for proper placement and structure of each.
    Agree

Can you get away with ONLY doing the SLT? No!
    Agree
    But I don't think that is what the original poster was asking.
    It was
    I took his question to mean if one had trained at SLT level but had not yet learned the CK form and advanced to that level, would he have some practical skills. Since SLT level is going to teach him basic Wing Chun techniques and structure, my answer is "yes"! Maybe I am wrong and the original poster meant he only practiced the form and nothing else, but I doubt it. I think we are creating an argument here that doesn't really exist
    Are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Ok I guess you could use the punch as it is in SLT but I prefer to use it with a pivot and step. The punching in SLT is for training the mechanics. If you want to stand in from of an aggressive attacker and try and punch him whilst stood in YGKYM that's up to you mate!
    You do realize don't you that the SLT is a form and I emphasize form it is not application. None of the forms are application that is why they are called forms. You use things from the forms in application.

Bong Sau in SLT does not work. It needs the correct roatation speed and the pivot and/or step for it to work properly. It also needs a punch with it (Kwan Sau)

You would use a pak sau like it is trained in SLT on an opponent would you?

You can't but SLT is for training not fighting
    You are not the only one who is confused since your views I find completely confusing. All the forms are for training not for application. The movements in each form is there to reinforce the overall concept of that form. How you use a particular movement will depend on the situation. Instead of saying such and such won't work why don't you say it won't work for you as there are others who do not have your difficulty.

Here is the "Grandmaster Clown" Leng Ting on our very own BBC TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TcJMZpWqyA

Please watch it all. It's fooking hilarious.

I like sticking my fingers in fans Leung Ting you clown! Just not those sorts! lol

BPWT? The fact that you worship that guy says a lot

You do realize don't you that the SLT is a form and I emphasize form it is not application. None of the forms are application that is why they are called forms. You use things from the forms in application.
    No I don't relaize. What were we on about again?

You are not the only one who is confused since your views I find completely confusing. All the forms are for training not for application. The movements in each form is there to reinforce the overall concept of that form. How you use a particular movement will depend on the situation. Instead of saying such and such won't work why don't you say it won't work for you as there are others who do not have your difficulty.
    Yes I think I'm as confused as your confusing me as well.

What does tc101 mean anyway? Tai Chi 101? That would figure. Or is total c**t101?

Oh whoops! There is the name calling again that I hide behind. Sorry BPWT

How can SNT be any use if you don't have the rest of the system? All it makes you do is stand in a funny way and punch ineffectively. You would be better resorting to natural skills in my opinion. You need to whole thing to make it work in a coherent way.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    @BPWT

You have mentioned my name in nearly all your posts. I can't be bothered to respond to any of your nonsense BUT...........LT was reagrded by Yip Man? lolololololololololol
    You are constantly name-calling, so of course I mention you. That's why you do it - to get a rise... because you have the mental age of a teenager (see, we can all do it).

Leung Ting and Yip Man: from earlier...

Yip Man accepted him as closed door student. Yip Man attended his school openings and their events. He attended his wedding. In 1970 Yip Man appointed Leung Ting as a chief instructor of the VTAA. Clearly, Yip Man was not lacking regard for Leung Ting.

The above is the actions/conduct of a man who had no regard for Leung Ting? Really? You actually think that? You have a weird notion of people and relationships (single by any chance?) LOL

Like I said, you are really a queer guy, Graham. All over the place.

You don't respond to certain things posted because you can't. You have no experience with the people you are talking about.

But go on... I'm still waiting for all those names from you A long wait coming, I think.

As for me 'worshipping' LT, I have no idea what you mean. I don't worship anyone. But this is strange to hear coming from you - in light of your relationship with PB.

How would you view that video of WSL being stretchered out of the ring? Would it mean anything to you?
    Last edited by BPWT; 06-22-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Told you so...

I just knew this thread would quickly disintegrate into silly name calling by the PB Kids on the Block! Even after people explain how they do things very clearly during their SLT practice.

Perhaps you dudes need to learn to read a little Chinese, so you can get your stories straight for once, although BPWT has done that for you, and perhaps then you may understand that you haven't learnt from WSL, or Ip Man, so to even comment on what he thought of his direct students is pure fantasy.

You bring the whole European division in Wing Chun/Ving Tsun/Wing Tsun into a time that it has no place imho...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    How can SNT be any use if you don't have the rest of the system? All it makes you do is stand in a funny way and punch ineffectively. You would be better resorting to natural skills in my opinion. You need to whole thing to make it work in a coherent way.
    Again... I repeat myself... OH DEAR!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

You are constantly name-calling, so of course I mention you.
    Flattery I like lol

Leung Ting and Yip Man: from earlier...

Yip Man accepted him as closed door student. Yip Man attended his school openings and their events. He attended his wedding. In 1970 Yip Man appointed Leung Ting as a chief instructor of the VTAA. Clearly, Yip Man was not lacking regard for Leung Ting.
    Yeah yeah! All made up BS. Like the story about the picture of him and Yip Man blah blah blah. If Leung Ting is a good represention of Yip Man then I would be shocked. Wong Shun Leung? Yes! Yip Bo Ching? Yes! Leung Ting? No effing way.

The above is the actions/conduct of a man who had no regard for Leung Ting? Really? You actually think that? You have a weird notion of people and relationships (single by any chance?) LOL
    I'm not single. I love you

Like I said, you are really a queer guy, Graham. All over the place.
    Yeah yeah whatever mate. Your mind games are rubbish.

You don't respond to certain things posted because you can't. You have no experience with the people you are talking about
    No but I take the comments of people that have had experience of LT as factual and not made up.

But go on... I'm still waiting for all those names from you A long wait coming, I think.
    I don't have any names for you. Stop trying to play that card. I didn't ask. It would have been embarrasing. Even if they all came from KK would it matter? Anybody who's anybody outside of the church of LT knows he's a muppet. Good business man though. I'll give him that. There is a rumour that KK is worth 80 million Euro. If that is true then LT would be the richest clown in the world. More famous than Krusty the Clown me thinks.
    As for me 'worshipping' LT, I have no idea what you mean. I don't worship anyone. But this is strange to hear coming from you - in light of your relationship with PB.
    PB teaches me Ving Tsun as taught to him by WSL who was Yip Man's assistant and responsible for teaching a lot of people. I'm happy with that connenction but I don't want to sleep with him

How would you view that video of WSL being stretchered out of the ring? Would it mean anything to you?
    Yes I would say he was unlucky on that day. Better luck next time. He's not Superman you know! What is important is his thinking on Ving Tsun. He is labelled as a great man. Its a shame I never met him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I just knew this thread would quickly disintegrate into silly name calling by the PB Kids on the Block! Even after people explain how they do things very clearly during their SLT practice.

Perhaps you dudes need to learn to read a little Chinese, so you can get your stories straight for once, although BPWT has done that for you, and perhaps then you may understand that you haven't learnt from WSL, or Ip Man, so to even comment on what he thought of his direct students is pure fantasy.

You bring the whole European division in Wing Chun/Ving Tsun/Wing Tsun into a time that it has no place imho...
    Talking of weird people.....how's it going Spence?