Thread: The Flying Dragon Tiger Gate System

The Flying Dragon Tiger Gate System

I read this article years ago it just dawned on me youtube may have a video of the staff technique, anyone have a link?.
    http://www.chusaulei.com/martial/art...lungfumun.html

I know Bak Mei's first staff set and staff vs spear/ staff vs short sword. they have the same footwork, been doing it a little over three years. I'd like to learn more about short staff sets that worked in the streets of old Chinatown.

Interesting, thanks.

Do you know the form?.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I read this article years ago it just dawned on me youtube may have a video of the staff technique, anyone have a link?.
    http://www.chusaulei.com/martial/art...lungfumun.html

I know Bak Mei's first staff set and staff vs spear/ staff vs short sword. they have the same footwork, been doing it a little over three years. I'd like to learn more about short staff sets that worked in the streets of old Chinatown.
    Robert Chu (the author of that article) put out a 3 DVD set called "Master Class Wing Chun Kuen." I think that staff form was detailed on the 3rd disc, but its been a few years since I watched the series and I'd have to go back and check.

Sorry, I don't know the form. I thought you did Lama, not Bak Mei.

The form shown in the Master Class Wing Chun series has concepts derived from the flying dragon tiger gate staff system, but itself is still the luk dim bun gwun.

Quote Originally Posted by taichi4eva View Post
    Sorry, I don't know the form. I thought you did Lama, not Bak Mei.

The form shown in the Master Class Wing Chun series has concepts derived from the flying dragon tiger gate staff system, but itself is still the luk dim bun gwun.
    I did this combo Kajukenbo-Hop Gar style back in 1996 with my step-dad but he wasnt a black belt so I only know the basics. been doing Bak Mei in Vancouvers Chinatown for a few years now.