Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Siu Lin tau

Beside spread negative thought and self righteous blindness disease, what else can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If it works, why worry? And who, self-appointed WC gurus with their own barrows to push such as yourself, is to judge what is right or wrong, other than by results?

That describes your behaviour for the last couple of decades, at least, so tell us, how does it feel?

You are a condescending, patronising prat. Take your prayers and shove them up your tan tien the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Your hatred toward me blind you. That is for sure. Hahaha
    Oh there's your other out, that I hate you.

Grow up you baby. The only hate on this forum is your hate for any questions you can't or won't answer.

So come on, tell me.... All of us in fact.. What will 1850 WC do to improve all the non 1850 WC out there????

And who in china has verified your historical and DNA research??
    You tell us it's official, so who made it official?

Pretty easy questions for the self imposed 1850 WC gatekeeper I would have thought

Beside spread negative thought and self righteous blindness disease, what else can you do?
    I'd suggest he can fight..... You?

I'm reasonably good at both Wing Chun and Jiu Jitsu.

As for self righteousness, you have point position on that ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Blog Entries
    John,

The answer is clearly lay in front of your eyes.
    All you have to say is something like "... will enhance your body alignment/structure and increase your punching power". Is this that difficult to say? Instead, you just avoid this simple question.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    All you have to say is something like "... will enhance your body alignment/structure and increase your punching power". Is this that difficult to say? Instead, you just avoid this simple question.
    Youll be an old man before you get a straight answer out of him

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In other words you don't do something simply because that is how it is done I have always been taught to do something because it works when you do it that way.

You're just arguing semantics again! You are "supposed to" do it that way because that's the way it works!!!! The arm has to go under the chin in a rear naked choke. It has nothing to do with your individual characteristics. If its going to work, it HAS to be done that way. You can say "supposed to", you can say "because it works"....it amounts to the same thing!
    There is the situation where several things "work" (in the sense of getting a job done) but only some of those things are the particular martial art form you are practicing which work together coherently as a whole based on the principles of that MA. I mean it might work (in the sense of achieving a ko) to start throwing hooks like a boxer when the opportunity presented, but it wouldn't be wing chun because your wing chun structure wouldn't be maintained and you wouldn't be operating according to the principles of wing chun.

[...]

That sure will better then me who is not a mother tounge.

[...]
    That book I mention has been translated into different languages so the chances are you can find a copy that is accessible to you. I need to restate that I think you need to read into such a field of study not I. I say that because I think you would gain a lot from it and it would help you with your interests.

On your diagrams; I have seen these before but I think you need to develop them further. There are ways to map force diagrams, from a mechanics and trigonometric point of view, onto each of the joints in the human body.

Yes, you can combine each of these calculations of each joint, to better path out the flow of force through the skeletal structure (don't forget about the 'flesh' mind). There are computer models that do this for you but they are expensive and primarily used in medicine and for high end professional sports development. I am not talking about the faux sports science that you see on the TV where, say, the team of 'professionals' is trying to determine if a pirate can beat a ninja .

I hate to say it but others are correct in that, despite your frequency of posts, much is repetition that does not aid you in trying to get others to understand your ideas. I guess I'll end by reiterating again, Hendrik, that it is you that has to do the work here; you need to expand your field of knowledge and think about how to synthesize it, when articulating and sharing your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    On your diagrams; I have seen these before but I think you need to develop them further. There are ways to map force diagrams, from a mechanics and trigonometric point of view, onto each of the joints in the human body.

Yes, you can combine each of these calculations of each joint, to better path out the flow of force through the skeletal structure (don't forget about the 'flesh' mind). There are computer models that do this for you but they are expensive and primarily used in medicine and for high end professional sports development.
    Not sure I agree that high end computer models are required. All that it needs is for the power chain of joints to be highlighted in order with the particular usage of each joint and other musculature. This can be done fairly simply by written description on a forum and it is frustrating that Hendrik fails to do even this.

Also what is the advantage, what are we supposed to gain from this?

There isn't any need to be wittering on about bows, qi, energy, jin and so on. These antiquated terms are from a time before current physical understanding of bodily processes, are at best only analogies for what is actually happening, and serve only to obfuscate rather than enlighten.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Youll be an old man before you get a straight answer out of him
    Of course it's harder to "answer question" than to "express your own believe". But this question is so easy to answer. It's still not nice not to answer people's question.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-30-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Exactly John

But his caveat will be "i dont fight anymore, im a lover and buddhist....etc etc"

But he will avoid this one key question.
    You may be right! But I've gotta say that Hendrik isn't the only one that avoids direct questions in this forum! I've asked two direct questions of two different people on other threads recently that have been ignored completely.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You may be right! But I've gotta say that Hendrik isn't the only one that avoids direct questions in this forum! I've asked two direct questions of two different people on other threads recently that have been ignored completely.
    Fair enough K, but Hendricks is the absolute master of being passively condescending whilst avoiding any questions that don't suit his cause.

Excellent input!

Thanks and appreciate!

As for much repetition, there can be different reasons, perhaps I repeat myself , perhaps others doesn't comprehend what I am sharing.

This case can be solved only if I got feedback. So far what I get is people don't understand what I am saying but keep insist on the way how they want to think.

For example, the diagram, before this s presented, there is no diagram or this details presented to the community. But instead of one asked me about each details as Jox does months ago, the comment is in computer modeling or ...etc. is nice but off the point. One can get all the computer model and physics calculation but if one cannot set up the basic force flow path and force flow in ones body using the seven bows. One really don't know. Not to mention, most advocate sitting in a rooting stance which is in fact lock up the joints and cut Down the flow path. But not aware of it.

Thus, as any communication, I will repeat things until I found people like Jox which give me a feedback to proceed.

There is much communication skill I need to learn, but communication is not a single direction street. And I feel that lots of people are demanding baby feed or chewing the food for them .

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    That book I mention has been translated into different languages so the chances are you can find a copy that is accessible to you. I need to restate that I think you need to read into such a field of study not I. I say that because I think you would gain a lot from it and it would help you with your interests.

Yes, you can combine each of these calculations of each joint, to better path out the flow of force through the skeletal structure (don't forget about the 'flesh' mind). There are computer models that do this for you but they are expensive and primarily used in medicine and for high end professional sports development. I am not talking about the faux sports science that you see on the TV where, say, the team of 'professionals' is trying to determine if a pirate can beat a ninja .

I hate to say it but others are correct in that, despite your frequency of posts, much is repetition that does not aid you in trying to get others to understand your ideas. I guess I'll end by reiterating again, Hendrik, that it is you that has to do the work here; you need to expand your field of knowledge and think about how to synthesize it, when articulating and sharing your ideas.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-30-2013 at 11:15 AM.

What good is answer you direct?

The last time I answer Navin straight in this forum on why it is not an internal art. You hate me until today and keep tryiing to create trouble as much as you can just because you cannot take the facts.

I have share process such as YKT drill .... including biofeedback etc. to get people direct experience by them self. But most using their mind to think what I say , instead of take it as a description an indicator to look for when one developing the skill. And go test the process out to experience the state or skill could be attain.

How is it to think the taste of an apple if one never have taste it?
    one can't, no matter how other write it .

Qi, bows, Jin, silence ....all are real attainable and tangible. Unless you attain them you don't know what is it. When you attain them, then, what it does is clear. As for how you want to relate it to biomechanics, Chinese, American, English....or say it in any language that is secondary. My main goal is always trying to get some one to experience the state then to pursue or explain. Without experience it does not do any good on how one can think or understand the idea.

Thus, most of people, due to the western education based of this era, exactly as what this lady says and thus, got stuck in their mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQL_9OS0uo

Stuck in the mind but not aware of it.

I have released many process here since a few days ago. If I saw these thirty years ago. I will right away clearlify the process and test it out and come back to get feedback on my experience until I got into the state. Because once I got it I know it I have it.

However, most in this forum are just trying to debunk what exist with clever argument for their own reason. Or trying very hard to proof me wrong. Instead of really want to know and experience what is shared.

As the Buddhism saying, you want liberation or you want to proof you can have a better argument and winning debate.

One can't even know what is a coherence state by thinking and reading biomechanics books for ten years. But it just take a few days of biofeedback training to know what it is. It is upto one to get it or to stay there argue to proof they right but actually don't know anything.

And certainly , due to different of state of everyone, I just release information, no expectation. Because everyone has their own karma. And let it be.

Obviously Wck is not what you think with the Newtonian mind set. Because the creator of the art using a different type of mind set to create it. Unless you think like the creator you will not get close to know what it is.

It is ridiculous to think how scientific is Wck created , as many had though.

analog to, beetovern doesn't think in Chinese five note music system when he creates the moonlight sonata . And the Chinese cannot say beetovern is wrong or fantasy because the Chinese five note music system is the center of universe.

Fair enough K, but Hendricks is the absolute master of being passively condescending whilst avoiding any questions that don't suit his cause.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-30-2013 at 08:20 AM.

hot thread, good stuff hendrik, thanks for sharing.