Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Siu Lin tau

I understand there are different types of mind set, and they all valid due to everyone has their angle of mind set.

However,

There is no way for the Chinese to learn the beetovern music, if the Chinese expect German to translate the western seven note music system based beetovern music to the Chinese five note music system. Approve by the Chinese five note system that beetovern music is real.

Not to mention, how the heck is the Chinese five note system can clearly translate the seven note system?

The German will share beetovern music , but it is not the german concern and has the time to translate those to the Chinese system just to get approve and learn by the Chinese.

If the Chinese expect the German to translate the beetovern before they can learn, then they will no way to learn it today. For the full translation not exist .

Saying these I am now taking a vacation.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-30-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What if 30 years later you find out you are not practicing ...

What if 30 years later you find out that the skill that you have developed can't even handle any 20 years old who knocks on your front door? That will be the worst nightmare for all TCMA lovers - to get knocked out within 10 seconds. I would pray for many people that they are not one of these people.
    Ten seconds is a long time.

All you have to say is something like "... will enhance your body alignment/structure and increase your punching power". Is this that difficult to say? Instead, you just avoid this simple question.
    Haha, great point! but he has proof that it does, you must have missed it - haven't you seen his video where he punches big balloons with his amazing red boat punching power, or humps a wall with a baseball bat to show his revolutionary structure dna? How about the clips where he stands hunched over wobbling around like a drunk? totally mind blowing....
    I'm scared to even think what he does with the ekg machine!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

What good is answer you direct?

The last time I answer Navin straight in this forum on why it is not an internal art. You hate me until today and keep tryiing to create trouble as much as you can just because you cannot take the facts.
    I dont know what you are referring to regarding Navin.

Mate, you dont put forward facts..... you put forward opinion

I have share process such as YKT drill .... including biofeedback etc. to get people direct experience by them self. But most using their mind to think what I say , instead of take it as a description an indicator to look for when one developing the skill. And go test the process out to experience the state or skill could be attain.
    Fine, share what you like.... thats what the forum is for.

But ill ask again, will this improve my fighting performance as opposed to a non-1850 WC person???

How is it to think the taste of an apple if one never have taste it?
    one can't, no matter how other write it .
    If you show me someone who has tasted the apple and has benefited against eating an orange for example then ill try.

But this is the thing.... you dont

Qi, bows, Jin, silence ....all are real attainable and tangible. Unless you attain them you don't know what is it. When you attain them, then, what it does is clear.
    No, you tell me what it will do to improve my WC.... better still show me.

As for how you want to relate it to biomechanics, Chinese, American, English....or say it in any language that is secondary. My main goal is always trying to get some one to experience the state then to pursue or explain. Without experience it does not do any good on how one can think or understand the idea.
    Once again, you talk of "the experience" but not the results gained.
    If its just for health take up yoga, its much better for you

Thus, most of people, due to the western education based of this era, exactly as what this lady says and thus, got stuck in their mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQL_9OS0uo

Stuck in the mind but not aware of it.
    Here comes the culture/race card again..............

I have released many process here since a few days ago. If I saw these thirty years ago. I will right away clearlify the process and test it out and come back to get feedback on my experience until I got into the state. Because once I got it I know it I have it.
    Not sure what you are saying here

However, most in this forum are just trying to debunk what exist with clever argument for their own reason. Or trying very hard to proof me wrong. Instead of really want to know and experience what is shared.
    And here is the key, we just want evidence............. you have none

As the Buddhism saying, you want liberation or you want to proof you can have a better argument and winning debate.
    Heres an Australian saying... "get a dog up ya"..... about as pointless as your saying in this argument

One can't even know what is a coherence state by thinking and reading biomechanics books for ten years. But it just take a few days of biofeedback training to know what it is. It is upto one to get it or to stay there argue to proof they right but actually don't know anything.
    What proof??

And certainly , due to different of state of everyone, I just release information, no expectation. Because everyone has their own karma. And let it be.
    So it only works on some people?

Obviously Wck is not what you think with the Newtonian mind set. Because the creator of the art using a different type of mind set to create it.
    How do you know?

Unless you think like the creator you will not get close to know what it is.
    So are you saying you think the same way as the creator??

It is ridiculous to think how scientific is Wck created , as many had though.
    How would you know otherwise?

analog to, beetovern doesn't think in Chinese five note music system when he creates the moonlight sonata . And the Chinese cannot say beetovern is wrong or fantasy because the Chinese five note music system is the center of universe.
    Yet some peole do fine when they cross cultures...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_composers

If you don't think your wing chun is broken what is the attraction of this?

Hendrik if it is real then simply post what we should do, what advantage we are likely to gain. Why these 20 page content free threads? Crazy

This thread is on snt.

The core elements , history, DNA of snt according to red boat 1850 era, by evidence.

The advantage of know these is one know how to develop what is supposed to be develop in snt.

The 20 pages partly is fill with discussion on what, why, how, who of snt.
    Partly is resistance to accept the factual reality of snt.
    Partly is personal ego which got nothing to do with snt trying to proof ones is superior , to against for against shake, on something one doesn't know.

Is that crazy? Nope, it is just human.

Following the three basic core DNA : the monentum, the body, the force change handling which was known exist in 1850, the practice of snt will be focus, effectively and efficiently, lead one to a clear proper basic understanding and skill of red boat era Wck training, in a holistic way. Instead of mimic posture but do not have a goal. Follow all six core elements DNA in snt practice will brought one to deeper level of snt development.

Result in snt practice can easily be attain with following these 1850 era of teaching which today not every evolution Wck follow Or has divert away.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    If you don't think your wing chun is broken what is the attraction of this?

Hendrik if it is real then simply post what we should do, what advantage we are likely to gain. Why these 20 page content free threads? Crazy
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-30-2013 at 05:11 PM.

This thread is on snt.

The core elements , history, DNA of snt according to red boat 1850 era, by evidence.
    What evidence?
    Its all your opinion. Where is the official chinese support you speak of??

The advantage of know these is one know how to develop what is supposed to be develop in snt.
    And that is??
    The result that is...... what will it do to help my WC??

Partly is personal ego which got nothing to do with snt trying to proof ones is superior , to against for against shake, on something one doesn't know.
    Mate, youre the one with the ego.
    Its you saying you know the proper 1850 way as opposed to the rest of us, youre quite happy to say that everyone is missing something without the 1850 knowledge

You insult everyone here

No its not crazy, just a massive ego

Following the three basic core DNA : the monentum, the body, the force change handling which was known exist in 1850, the practice of snt will be focus, effectively and efficiently, lead one to a clear proper basic understanding and skill of red boat era Wck training, in a holistic way. Instead of mimic posture but do not have a goal. Follow all six core elements DNA in snt practice will brought one to deeper level of snt development.
    Which will, after 20 pages of waffling, give you what in regards to combat skill???

Result in snt practice can easily be attain with following these 1850 era of teaching which today not every evolution Wck follow Or has divert away.
    To what b benefit??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Mate, youre the one with the ego.
    Its you saying you know the proper 1850 way as opposed to the rest of us, youre quite happy to say that everyone is missing something without the 1850 knowledge

You insult everyone here ...
    There is something that Herdrik may not have considered yet. I had said this already but I don't mind to repeat it again. I hope Hendrik can understand what I'm trying to say here.

If I go to a Judo forum and tell those Judo guys that their ancient root is SC. I know the proper way and if they don't listen to me and replaced their method by my method, they will all regret 30 years later. No matter how nicely I may try to put my words together, they will hate me today, tomorrow, even 20 years from today. If I still don't understand why they hate me, it will be my problem and not theirs.

There are something that you should just keep for yourself. Even if you don't believe in God, you just don't go to a christian church and tell everybody there that their God doesn't exist.

It's really not my business, but I just hate to see that Hendrik doesn't understand why he has to face so much resistence, even if he may just try to share information from the bottom of his heart.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-30-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

John,

If you read my original post.
    I am refer to a particular case.

However, now this response has been bend to fit whatever argument people like to argue for argue shake.

I am not response to this type of twisting and bending words because it is a waste of time.

There is something that Herdrik may not have considered yet. I had said this already but I don't mind to repeat it again. I hope Hendrik can understand what I'm trying to say here.

If I go to a Judo forum and tell those Judo guys that their ancient root is SC. I know the proper way and if they don't listen to me and replaced their method by my method, they will regret 30 years later. No matter how nicely I may try to put my words together, they will hate me today, tomorrow, even 20 years from today. If I still don't understand why they hate me, it will be my problem and not theirs.

There are something that you should just keep for yourself. Even if you don't believe in God, you just don't go to a christian church and tell everybody there that their God doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-30-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    I still don't think you understand what I was trying to suggest.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-01-2013 at 01:11 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    John,

If you read my original post.
    I am refer to a particular case.

However, now this response has been bend to fit whatever argument people like to argue for argue shake.

I am not response to this type of twisting and bending words because it is a waste of time.
    What twisting and bending???

All im doing is;
    a) Repeating what you have said
    b) Asked you what fighting benefit is gained by following the 1850 way

Pretty simple and straitforward

Originally poted by Hendrik
    This thread is on snt.

What evidence? Hendrik says his Yik Kam SLT is the original wing chun from 1850 and he knows it all. All other WC aren't real WC at all without this Omei DNA. Its all your opinion.

The problem with this Omei SLT/Omei animal style chi gung excercise is that no other WC lineages including Yip Man, Yiu Choi, Sum Nung and Pam Nam have any Omei DNA. Hendrik is the only one in the world claiming this is Omei animal style chi gung excercise as the original wing chun without any historical support. He might truly believe it, but most likely he is glory hunting. Perhaps it is because it is not wing chun at all. Maybe it was Omei at one time then it was discovered that wing chun worked better so they added some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    This thread is on snt.

No no no. This is how you try to characterize it but this thread is about Hendrik's theory and his claims like the one below.

If for the sake of argument we say that you have an accurate picture of how wing chun was done in 1850 that in no way supports the view that this is how we should do it today. Even if the creator himself of wing chun were to come on here and say this is not what I had in mind when I create the art that would not support the view of then we should do it that way. The starting point is not the end point.

Does anyone ever notice that in TCMAs we always look backwards? It's always some old dead guys that really knew how to do things and they always want to rediscover their secret.

It's not an ego thing I just think you present cherry picked evidence, have all kinds of unspoken assumptions, make connections that aren't there and so on just like the Twin Tower conspiracy guys do. I think your agenda is to promote your lineage as original because that is what you have been told and is what you want to believe.

I do not care what is original wing chun anymore than I care about what is original boxing. My perspective is that original wing chun does not define what is or is not wing chun like you do. I am not interested in your return to the past movement. Wing chun like boxing like Muay Thai and so on is easy to identify. We do not need self appointed experts to tell us what we can see clearly with our own eyes.

You see, I am not interested in preserving something for the sake of preserving it. I did not take up the practice of wing chun to be a human depository of ritual or dogma. If you or others do that is fine and dandy and you have my best wishes. My perspective is that I want to use wing chun not serve it and I want to use it to help make me better at fighting.

If you CLAIM your wing chun original has certain aspects that can help us make our fighting better then by all means share it but do not ASSUME that older or original is better.

Since you claim to have this deeper level of development, why do you not simply show us the results of that by gearing up and sparring?

If I go to a Judo forum and tell those Judo guys that their ancient root is SC. I know the proper way and if they don't listen to me and replaced their method by my method, they will all regret 30 years later. No matter how nicely I may try to put my words together, they will hate me today, tomorrow, even 20 years from today. If I still don't understand why they hate me, it will be my problem and not theirs.
    It is not a matter of hate. The judo guys do not care because what the root was is not important to them. What is important to them is what they can do on the mats today. That is what Hendrilk does not understand. The root is not the end point or defining point.

If you tell the judo guys your way is superior they will say show us on the mat. If you can do that then they will be interested in your way and if you can't or even worse if you refuse to get on the mat they will know you are only blowing hot air.

It's really not my business, but I just hate to see that Hendrik doesn't understand why he has to face so much resistence, even if he may just try to share information from the bottom of his heart.
    That is a good point.

as usual, you keep using the tactic of trying to use others to against me via twisting words and bending his-story. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    What evidence? Hendrik says his Yik Kam SLT is the original wing chun from 1850 and he knows it all. All other WC aren't real WC at all without this Omei DNA. Its all your opinion.

The problem with this Omei SLT/Omei animal style chi gung excercise is that no other WC lineages including Yip Man, Yiu Choi, Sum Nung and Pam Nam have any Omei DNA. Hendrik is the only one in the world claiming this is Omei animal style chi gung excercise as the original wing chun without any historical support. He might truly believe it, but most likely he is glory hunting. Perhaps it is because it is not wing chun at all. Maybe it was Omei at one time then it was discovered that wing chun worked better so they added some.