Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Siu Lin tau

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Following the three basic core DNA : the monentum, the body, the force change handling which was known exist in 1850, the practice of snt will be focus, effectively and efficiently, lead one to a clear proper basic understanding and skill of red boat era Wck training, in a holistic way. Instead of mimic posture but do not have a goal. Follow all six core elements DNA in snt practice will brought one to deeper level of snt development.

Result in snt practice can easily be attain with following these 1850 era of teaching which today not every evolution Wck follow Or has divert away.
    I'm sure lots of us are happy to try new things but you make it exceedingly difficult to understand and it is unclear what is supposed to be done. I haven't been following the discussion carefully and don't know what the various technical terms refer to. But if there is something real in this then understanding the semantics really shouldn't be important.

Instead of more of these terms and more history stuff, can you sort out some clear instructions for interested people to try? Give me something I can try and evaluate now at home without having to believe any side of this never ending argument.

Can you also plainly answer the following:

Is this likely to be beneficial for fighting over my current wing chun?

If so how?

What does it improve in basic physical terms?

thanks.

please try this.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...51&postcount=1

i think explain my view in video is a better way to express what i am presenting.

So, by knowing these three DNA of the red boat era Wck snt, we know where do we stand in our snt training. Could be better could be worst, could be still following it, could be evolved far away.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'm sure lots of us are happy to try new things but you make it exceedingly difficult to understand and it is unclear what is supposed to be done. I haven't been following the discussion carefully and don't know what the various technical terms refer to. But if there is something real in this then understanding the semantics really shouldn't be important.

Instead of more of these terms and more history stuff, can you sort out some clear instructions for interested people to try? Give me something I can try and evaluate now at home without having to believe any side of this never ending argument.

Can you also plainly answer the following:

Is this likely to be beneficial for fighting over my current wing chun?

If so how?

What does it improve in basic physical terms?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-01-2013 at 03:59 PM.

thanks.

please try this.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...51&postcount=1

i think explain my view in video is a better way to express what i am presenting.

So, by knowing these three DNA of the red boat era Wck snt, we know where do we stand in our snt training. Could be better could be worst, could be still following it, could be evolved far away.
    I watched the whole thing. What am I supposed to try from this? I don't see physical instructions.

Also there is a lot of theory but I don't see a clear outline of the benefits it will provide compared to the wing chun I already practice. Can you provide a concise summary please?

Use it as a reference, as I mention above,
    from that you will be able to see how is your lineage evolve from the red boat era.

This utube is not an instruction utube.
    But a sharing on three core exist in all red boat era wck snt set.

It is the concept behind the practice of snt set to develop the basic skill of Wck. Every Wck lineages has its own variation in the practice to implement these. If your lineage already cover all these DNA. Then, keep going. No need to do anything else.

But for those who are not familiar with these DNA then they might want to seek out a different lineage to get the missing part.

I watched the whole thing. What am I supposed to try from this? I don't see physical instructions.

Also there is a lot of theory but I don't see a clear outline of the benefits it will provide compared to the wing chun I already practice. Can you provide a concise summary please?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-01-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Can you provide a concise summary please?
    You might as well ask a Walrus to fly.

Not sure I agree that high end computer models are required. All that it needs is for the power chain of joints to be highlighted in order with the particular usage of each joint and other musculature. This can be done fairly simply by written description on a forum and it is frustrating that Hendrik fails to do even this.

Also what is the advantage, what are we supposed to gain from this?

There isn't any need to be wittering on about bows, qi, energy, jin and so on. These antiquated terms are from a time before current physical understanding of bodily processes, are at best only analogies for what is actually happening, and serve only to obfuscate rather than enlighten.
    I agree that there are simpler ways to present, as you suggest, but when you start dealing with such models dynamically and in real-time, you need the software.

I disagree with your latter point, I do see merit in Hendriks ideas and personally enjoy trying to understand the concepts from different eras and cultures.

Blog Entries
    Can you provide a concise summary please?
    When I was young, One day I asked a priest, "What's the relationship between the father, the son, and the holy ghost (it was called holy ghost back then not holy spirit)?" That priest gave me the answer just like what Hendrik gave. Even today, I still have no idea what that priest was talking about.

I had spent a lot of time to cross train in one particular system. One day I found out that there exist not a single person that can show me the result of the training method from that sytem. After that, I no longer invested my training time into that system. Sometime, all we need is just one person to prove a certain training method system work. If we can't even find one person, it's very hard to still have faith into it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-01-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    You might as well ask a Walrus to fly.
    Bwahahahah!

Use it as a reference, as I mention above,
    from that you will be able to see how is your lineage evolve from the red boat era.
    Thats if we believe that your version is the 1850 original..... i dont know if it is or isnt but you certainly havent given any proof.

But a sharing on three core exist in all red boat era wck snt set.
    Thats your opinion

It is the concept behind the practice of snt set to develop the basic skill of Wck. Every Wck lineages has its own variation in the practice to implement these. If your lineage already cover all these DNA. Then, keep going. No need to do anything else.
    Once again, your opinion

But for those who are not familiar with these DNA then they might want to seek out a different lineage to get the missing part.
    Why, what benefit wil it give to them in regards to fighting skills?

Blog Entries
    Allow me to quote this from someone's post.

"Who here has seen this type of shenfa demonstrated in a real sparring session, or a fight? I haven't."

Someone believes,

"Once you have good structure, you intuitively know how to resolve most situations."

But I don't. Combat involves much more than just "good structure".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

John,

The three DNA I post are momentum 勢法,body 身法,force change 勁法。

Structure are just a part of 身法. It is useless without having 勢法 and 勁法。

身法 is just a support of 勢法。

How can one fight without knowing 勢法 or handling momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Allow me to quote this from someone's post.

"Who here has seen this type of shenfa demonstrated in a real sparring session, or a fight? I haven't."

Someone believes,

"Once you have good structure, you intuitively know how to resolve most situations."

But I don't. Combat involves much more than just "good structure".

Blog Entries
    John,

The three DNA I post are momentum 勢法,body 身法,force change 勁法。

Structure are just a part of 身法. It is useless without having 勢法 and 勁法。

身法 is just a support of 勢法。

How can one fight without knowing 勢法 or handling momentum?
    I can see the force change 勁法 so far from your discussion. All force come from "bottom and up" and "back to front". Anybody can understand that.

I haven't see any momentum 勢法,and body 身法 yet. Could you provide some example?

I can see the force change 勁法 so far from your discussion. All force come from "bottom and up" and "back to front". That's easy to understand.

I haven't see any momentum 勢法,and body 身法 yet. Could you provide some example?

勢法is how one wants to handle the momentum. 身法 is one part of support , the other part is 勁法。

for example, if you want to attack center line , thrust in direct is 用中守中,奪中直冲勢. That has to be support by your 身法 which must be able to handle the body when thrust forward without disintegrate (身功which is develop via 蛇行蛹動 to guarantee the adaptive sets and stability in action) , and support by 勁法 which is 力從地起, 七弓合一 which power momentum.

So, these three DNA needs to converge. Otherwise it will breakdown .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-01-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    勢法is how one wants to handle the momentum. 身法 is one part of support , the other part is 勁法。

for example, if you want to attack center line , thrust in direct is 用中守中,奪中直冲勢. That has to be support by your 身法 which must be able to handle the body when thrust forward without disintegrate (身功which is develop via 蛇行蛹動 to guarantee the adaptive sets and stability in action) , and support by 勁法 which is 力從地起, 七弓合一 which power momentum.

So, these three DNA needs to converge. Otherwise it will breakdown .
    It's easy to picture 力從地起, 七弓合一 (all force come from the ground. All 7 joints needs to work together) and 蛇行蛹動 (move your body like a snake). It's not easy to see 用中守中,奪中直冲勢 (use your center to guard your center. When you are in your opponent's center, you move forward). It sounds like principle and strategy that should exist in all WC branches.

Will you be able to demonstrate this on your training partner? Just 10 seconds short clip will be helpful.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-01-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Yes,
    用中守中,奪中直冲勢 Is the uniqueness of Wck. That is why it is a red boat era wck momentum DNA.
    All these three DNA define red boat era Wck. I am trying to communicate but cannot force those who keep thinking everything can be Wck as long as they have it in their mind and called it Wck.

No one want to be my partner in YouTube.

Dramatic version here
    Start 3.45. And 3.34

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EMsJ_...%3DEMsJ_33UZYU

Realistic version here
    Start 4.24 to 4.40 see how wcner capture the center of the Hsing Yee opponent. That is 用中守中,奪中直冲勢

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=91yth...%3D91ythWqde-c

Just found an old instruction one

Start 8. to 11.0

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=x87Sg...%3Dx87Sg_xHHg8

It's easy to picture 力從地起, 七弓合一 (all force come from the ground. All 7 joints needs to work together) and 蛇行蛹動 (move your body like a snake). It's not easy to see 用中守中,奪中直冲勢 (use your center to guard your center. When you are in your opponent's center, you move forward). It sounds like principle and strategy that should exist in all WC branches.

Will you be able to demonstrate this on your training partner? Just 10 seconds short clip will be helpful.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-01-2013 at 11:13 PM.