Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti BJJ, ground stuff...

Anti BJJ, ground stuff...

I saw a workshop that was focusing on these topics, got me thinking.

Anybody had any experience with this type of thing and how effective it maybe?

Would be interesting - I wonder if they have run one at a BJJ club.

Would have thought the best thing to give you an insight into some type of ground defence would be to actually do some training in BJJ/Grappling etc.

Having just jumped into training BJJ, I have to say that if you have no experience you cant see whats coming - and then its too late. The more you roll the more you know what to look out for - but it takes time.

So I would have thought people going to these seminars would get a false sense of what is possible.

Thoughts...

thoughts... you are pretty much spot on learn grappling to counter grappling

Oh and the 90s called and wants its thread back!

I had sparred a friend to a stalemate one night. It was kinda bad because I've got a lot more experience than him and we both do JKD/MT/Kali. It went to the ground and I've got no problem with wrestling. I won't say I'm great at it, but I don't feel like a fish out of water. We were on the ground for a while and for the first time in my life I totally ran out of energy. I tried a guillotine and I just didn't have the strength to keep it (it doesn't help matters that the kid can take a beating like you wouldn't believe). My freakin arms were shaking! I think I took a good 4 hr nap after that.

Shortly after that, I decided to get together with my friend to his JJJ class (I wrote about it here). I learned guard and some other basics and we did some drills. It was a really great learning experience.

I also did a seminar with Tim Cartmell where he taught Xingyi Ground Dragon, which was also really neat (I can't find my notes for the life of me ).
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    I saw a workshop that was focusing on these topics,
    Here's a free seminar for anti BJJ

I take it back... give me $5 !!!

"Anti-BJJ" is slang for "Free broken arms!"

The truth is, there is no Anti-BJJ. You either know how to wrestle or you don't. Everything else is semantics.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You either know how to wrestle or you don't.
    It's all fun and games until some @sshole pulls a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    It's all fun and games until some @sshole pulls a knife.
    Yeah, and sometimes you need to fight on volcanoes and in glass-shard filled streets, too.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Yeah, and sometimes you need to fight on volcanoes and in glass-shard filled streets, too.
    http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/c...#axzz2X9T4jNTg

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/17/19...-massachusetts

UFC veteran Dan Lauzon has proven once again why it's never a good idea to get into a street fight, even if you're a professional fighter.

Because your opponent(s) may be packing a knife.

According to a report from The Enterprise, Lauzon got into an altercation with a group of men and was stabbed in the shoulder. He was then transported to a local hospital for treatment.

His brother, current UFC lightweight contender Joe Lauzon, wrote a blog post today in which he said, "everything is okay and it wasn't a big deal as was originally thought."

However, in his rush to get to the emergency room to check on his sibling, "J-Lau" rolled his ankle and suffered what he said doctors called a "bad sprain." Photo of the injury after the jump.

Former MMA Fighter And Instructor Wyatt Lewis Fatally Stabbed In Calgary

A well-known Alberta man named Wyatt Lewis, who had competed in organizations like the MFC and Rumble In The Cage, was fatally stabbed while trying to protect a friend over the weekend in Calgary. Lewis, an instructor at Progressive Fighting Academy in Lethbridge, was in his mid-30's and leaves behind a wife and three children.

So what? Probably 10,000 non-grapplers get stabbed every day, too.

Do you know how the Army trains guys to resist knife attacks....? I'll give you a hint. The Gracies wrote the manual.

UFC VETERAN DREW MCFEDRIES RECOVERING AFTER WEEKEND STABBING AT IOWA NIGHTCLUB

Former UFC middleweight Drew McFedries was stabbed Saturday night while working security at a nightclub in Davenport, Iowa.

So what? Probably 10,000 non-grapplers get stabbed every day, too.

Do you know how the Army trains guys to resist knife attacks....? I'll give you a hint. The Gracies wrote the manual.
    Hey, I agree...

but I also did just give a $5 dollar one image seminar on effective anti grappling. You don't even need to know how to fight or train martial arts to use it - heck, you can do it by being barely in shape. It does work best if you conceal the weapon until you use it though. That's a $2 tip.

Where's my $7?

ZOMG! Mantis is useless against baseball players!

Better breakout the Anti-Baseball SKILLZ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8azUs0Y-i5I

Better breakout the Anti-Baseball SKILLZ!

A knife in the hands of someone can knows how to use > any form of empty hand combat.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !