Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anti BJJ, ground stuff...

Ok, being serious this time..

I think Sanjuro is 100% correct.

This has always been my philosophy with combat: know (or analyze) how my opponent is going to fight, and use something that he's going to be less skilled with.

Close range vs Long range (enter in their center and KO)
    Long range vs close range (keep them away so they can't do much)
    Grappling/throwing vs close range or long range (destabilize them)
    Ground vs standing (whole different ball game)
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    I think Sanjuro is 100% correct.

This has always been my philosophy with combat: know (or analyze) how my opponent is going to fight, and use something that he's going to be less skilled with.

Close range vs Long range (enter in their center and KO)
    Long range vs close range (keep them away so they can't do much)
    Grappling/throwing vs close range or long range (destabilize them)
    Ground vs standing (whole different ball game)
    You need Ameri-Do-Te!

I'm trying really hard to troll this thread but I'm running out of trash to talk.

hmmm

Here's been my experience About wrestling... well I don't do wrestling, but when grappling with a wrastler, 9 times out of 10 you can catch them with a triangle. It's pretty much the go to sub to get them when they first begin to roll with a sub fighter like a judoka or bjjer. Usually they're strong, and they'll get the dominant position, but once you get them in guard, they try to pass and they'll go one arm in one out - and bam - you get the triangle.

So there's some $4 advice for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    You need Ameri-Do-Te!
    This suggestion was only for those that are not local to Master Ken's school. It will give them bullsh!t to believe in until Master Ken sets up skype classes.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

This suggestion was only for those that are not local to Master Ken's school. It will give them bullsh!t to believe in until Master Ken sets up skype classes.
    get them in guard, break their neck. Do you really need anything else? Besides MMA and BJJ are Bullsh!t.

on a side note.

You can really see the Judo and Ju Jitsu in this early Jiu Jitsu clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...urfbNu6g#at=99
    Not really relevant to the current conversation, but I think it's cool.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    well I don't do wrestling, but when grappling with a wrastler, 9 times out of 10 you can catch them with a triangle
    I've always felt the guillotine is more prevalent for wrestlers that have no experience with submissions, if your going to your back that is.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I wonder how the old school hard core Karate guys in Japan deal with grappling being that they live in a Judo culture.

I wonder how the old school hard core Karate guys in Japan deal with grappling being that they live in a Judo culture.
    Knifehand

They aren't good 'tis true. I yield.
    You both have points. Some exposure is better than no exposure even if poor quality as it can spark an interest.

However, you want quality instruction. And that was not. Pummeling and sprawling are such basic 101 movements in wrestling that if some noob is teaching it wrong you know they basically have zero to teach on the topic.

Knifehand
    Karate addresses ATTEMPTS at grappling, in other words, it's defense involve countering attempts to grapple and NOT grappling itself.
    Most old school karate guys cross trained in judo in some form or another.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Karate addresses ATTEMPTS at grappling, in other words, it's defense involve countering attempts to grapple and NOT grappling itself.
    this needs repeating and its not rocket science its the same with the guys in china who actually fought, when something new or different came along and they had to deal with they looked at ways of preventing it from happening, grip fighting movement etc and also trained in it to understand it, hence so many old time masters did some boxing, or judo

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    this needs repeating and its not rocket science its the same with the guys in china who actually fought, when something new or different came along and they had to deal with they looked at ways of preventing it from happening, grip fighting movement etc and also trained in it to understand it, hence so many old time masters did some boxing, or judo
    And then this circular argument starts.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What about Japanese Jujutsu?