Thread: Anti BJJ, ground stuff...

This is the place to learn grappling!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zgrsY7dKk

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    What about Japanese Jujutsu?
    What about JJJ?
    JJJ was preimarly focused on two elements:
    Armoured grappling (Kumi Uchi)
    Grappling in civilian attire VS an armed opponent.

JJJ systems were highly specific in that regards.
    The Tenshin Shinyo-ryu was known for chokes and strikes, the Kito-ryu, throws, the Takenough ryu, grappling with small bladed, etc, etc

The ground work issue became prominent with the Fusen ryu and pre war Judo ( Kosen Judo).

Ground grappling was never a focus on most JJJ, outside of pins and such.

We need to remember that Traditional JJJ was designed for a specific purpose and that was VS a highly trained ARMED warrior, when it started to focus on civilan comabt, the armed element was still paramount, as was the view that multiple opponents was a very real factor.

The PROBLEM with JJJ is the over emphasize on Kata and the downplaying of randori, this is why that were beaten by Kano's Judoka.
    The Judoka, quite simply, had more experience in free fighting.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What about JJJ?
    JJJ was preimarly focused on two elements:
    Armoured grappling (Kumi Uchi)
    Grappling in civilian attire VS an armed opponent.

JJJ systems were highly specific in that regards.
    The Tenshin Shinyo-ryu was known for chokes and strikes, the Kito-ryu, throws, the Takenough ryu, grappling with small bladed, etc, etc

The ground work issue became prominent with the Fusen ryu and pre war Judo ( Kosen Judo).

Ground grappling was never a focus on most JJJ, outside of pins and such.

We need to remember that Traditional JJJ was designed for a specific purpose and that was VS a highly trained ARMED warrior, when it started to focus on civilan comabt, the armed element was still paramount, as was the view that multiple opponents was a very real factor.

The PROBLEM with JJJ is the over emphasize on Kata and the downplaying of randori, this is why that were beaten by Kano's Judoka.
    The Judoka, quite simply, had more experience in free fighting.
    That's very interesting, thank Sanjuro!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.