Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xiaohongquan Erlu (video)

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Lots of the leaping entry tactic, common to the Ruan style. It appears to begin with the second half— the leaping part— of "wu zi deng ke" going to the right. Then it's pretty similar throughout, more obvious with their Yilu in mind, just shortened.
    Yeah, they even do a big leap into QiXing...

So both forms will have diverged from a common ancestor,

But if we take the history of the village as correct then XiaoHongQuan has remained remarkably similar for near 400 years and has been in at least these two parts. In the Nanyuan they said they have 4 XHQ. So it may be that all 4 are similar to the 4 current ones.

This is cool to know and makes me certain that this form should be considered part of the main XHQ canon.

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Yeah, they even do a big leap into QiXing...
    Right, like the set from Luotuoyuan. I kind of feel it is derived mostly from the Nanyuan version. It has a lot more similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Right, like the set from Luotuoyuan. I kind of feel it is derived mostly from the Nanyuan version. It has a lot more similarities.
    Quite possibly,

Interestingly Luotuoyuan does 2 types of QiXing, one is completely square on and looks like the standard. The other (as in Taizu Chang Quan) is completely side on, vertical fist, palm by the shoulder. In the nanyuan they do qixing like this, side on, vertical fist, palm by the shoulder. I haven't seen anywhere except these two use that version.

Another performance of the Nanyuan XHQ erlu from the same school. This time with a little closer look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hDKg...ature=youtu.be

Or for viewing in China:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU4Mzc3MTY4.html