Thread: Killer Girl K

Killer Girl K

Just watched the 3 episodes available on netflix. Korean action/drama Suprisingly entertaining, and nice and violent. Don't let your small kids watch it though cuz its got some boobies. The action is pretty good.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thanks for the recommendation, Lucas!

This was very enjoyable. Three hour long episodes told a tight little tale of a classic Lady Assassin tale: master vs pupil, a complicating naive love interest, good villains, secret black ops org, vengeance, a programmed orphan, and best of all, a sword hottie duel! This is a nice sample of Korean cinematic style - the angular architecture, the oppressive communist buildings all askew to express modern style, the sappy romance juxtaposed with ultraviolence and cold-blooded murder, all in the wake of John Woo, the rebel girl who hides behind her bangs and is always splattered with blood, the clutter of mundane life in Korea.

Lucas, you've redeemed yourself from Mugamoodi.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lol, finally, redemption!!

haha you gave a much better recommendation write up than i did. i think i just said something about boobies, which with this crowd I would have figured would be all I would need to say.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Well, if you're in it for the boobies, I'm sure there are better shows

The funny thing is that there's only one boob in the first episode, and at that moment I thought, 'Really Lucas? Really?" But then in episode two, there's a totally gratuitous scene that made up for it. Episode two was my fav, not for the boobies, but for the sword hottie duel. It was the silliest fight in the show (and I should add that this show did deliver some nice fights) but you know my weakness for sword hotties.

This inspires me to launch two new threads here, one on K-cinema and another on Lady Assassins, just to group the genres so they can be easily referenced. Both topics have plenty of threads here to link into the thread - that'll just take a little forum fu to dig them up and link them. I might do that next week as I have a lot to finish today, given this week was short a workday.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    weakness for sword hotties.
    i only date sword hotties. which yes, does slim down the dating pool but i'm a quality over quantity kind of guy