Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SC Form

Blog Entries

SC (Shuai Chiao or Shuai Jiao) - Chinese Wrestling

I would like to start a general SC thread so we can discuss all SC subjects here.

This is the SC form that is taught in Taiwan. It may be different from that's taught in China. It's simple, easy to learn, and with different flavor than the TCMA forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7iYiILCHI

This bag (16 lb - 23 lb) throwing is interest and can get a lot of benefit to train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSb2k...ature=youtu.be

All discussions are welcome here.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-26-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Breaking a thing down to its simplest components is always a good thing.
    Just do it and all is good. Trying to obfuscate the above, is what many will do but as I am simple minded......

Why try to reinvent the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I would like to start a general SC thread so we can discuss all SC subjects here.

This is the SC form that is taught in Taiwan. It may be different from that's taught in China. It's simple, easy to learn, and with different flavor than the TCMA forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7iYiILCHI

All discussions are welcome here.

Nice post.

We still do all of those drills verbatim...with one or two exceptions.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

This is how Shihfu Jeng Hsin Ping taught the "forms"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Slightly on topic..

I really love SJ, but it'll be a while until I have the opportunity to train. I figured it couldn't hurt to start with the body conditioning anyway. That, and, lately I've been doing more exercise via Kung Fu (forms for cardio, then I just started doing taiji ball as well which I'm loving), so the more variety I have, the less I'll get bored and the more I'll do.

So I wanted to do some of the stone lock training like in this clip. I don't have the cash for a stone lock right now, so I was curious on recommendations for an alternative. I tried a milk jug filled with water, but after the 4th time dropping it, it exploded . I was thinking of maybe taping it up like crazy. It's not the same as a lock, but it's similar and it's free, so that means I can start immediately!

I'm also curious as to suggestions on the brick used; I'm thinking maybe 5lbs to start, then move up to 10lbs later? Do hardware stores even sell these things by weight or is it more by size? Hardware stores are foreign to me and very confusing
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Blog Entries
    The milk jug filled with water has advantage such as:

- Cheap to get it.
    - You can change weight.
    - You can take it with you on trip.

As long as you try not to drop it, it will serve the purpose.

In Home depo, you can find clay pieces. By using different number of clay pieces, you can have different weight for your bricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwaKVeJmB8
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    So I wanted to do some of the stone lock training like in this clip. I don't have the cash for a stone lock right now, so I was curious on recommendations for an alternative. I tried a milk jug filled with water, but after the 4th time dropping it, it exploded . I was thinking of maybe taping it up like crazy. It's not the same as a lock, but it's similar and it's free, so that means I can start immediately!
    I'm not sure how much stone locks cost but maybe using cheap red plastic gas cans could be a less expensive alternative. They come in different sizes for different weights, and you could fill them with sand instead of water. Even if you use water they are not as likely to explode when you drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The milk jug filled with water has advantage such as:

- Cheap to get it.
    - You can change weight.
    - You can take it with you on trip.

As long as you try not to drop it, it will serve the purpose.

In Home depo, you can find clay pieces. By using different number of clay pieces, you can have different weight for your bricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwaKVeJmB8
    I'll look in to that, thanks!

But yeah, dropping that jug is killer. I probably shouldn't try to switch hands by tossing
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I'm not sure how much stone locks cost
    http://www.atomicathletic.com/stone-...-shi-shuo.html

but maybe using cheap red plastic gas cans could be a less expensive alternative. They come in different sizes for different weights, and you could fill them with sand instead of water. Even if you use water they are not as likely to explode when you drop them.
    Great idea!!

Re: Yee Hung Gar

Greetings,

Re: Home made stone locks,

The plastic bottles that are used for laundry detergent are of better quality. Fill with water of pennies. Reinforce bottle with heavy tape. Can also be used for mook yee pai training.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Re: Home made stone locks,

The plastic bottles that are used for laundry detergent are of better quality. Fill with water of pennies. Reinforce bottle with heavy tape. Can also be used for mook yee pai training.

mickey
    Good idea, Mickey! I was gonna ask about a water jug but I think that a laundry detergent bottle would be about the same price and likely sturdier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post

So I wanted to do some of the stone lock training like in this clip. I don't have the cash for a stone lock right now, so I was curious on recommendations for an alternative.
    kymus, Im so sorry to rustle your jimmies, but this is for fun. real stone lock training is boring and used like like dumbbell. bicep curls, should raise, etc. under 20 pound stone lock is called flower lock, its for playing and street performance.

so sorry, so sorry.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-27-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

We actually have short forms similar to those. And the applications are throws. My Sigung studied in Taiwan. I wonder if its the same lineage and the movements just got diluted along the way. hmmmm......
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

these shuai Jiao drills are very valuable for cross referencing with longfist. longfist people often confuse punch for throw and throw for a strike. this way you clear confusion about techniques.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

$140.00

I like mickeys plastic laundry detergent bottles idea. We use the 150fl oz size at our house and they are the same shape as those locks.