Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's better for martial arts?

What ' s better for martial arts ?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Moderate weights with a high number of reps, or high weights with low number of reps?
    MightyB Moderate weights with a higher number of reps , this is the reason why ? I would rather build myself up rather than to hurt myself . I would do moderate weight training with higher number of reps until it no longer becomes a challenge for me , then I would do higher weights with low reps .

This is what I really do myself , regardless if it ' s upper body work out or lower body workout . This can be applied to dumbells , kettlebells , or weight machines .
    Hold the weight for as long as you can , then go move to another excercise of your choice . Depending on how long you can hold the weight in one excercise that ' s how much reps you ' re really doing as if you doing 1 - excercise repetively . So for example if you can hold the weight in 1 - excercise for 5 seconds , it ' s like doing 5 reps of 1 - excercise . That way you can get results faster . So the longer you hold it , the power strenght you build in yourself . But it ' s really up to you to experiment with this method , it ' s the shaolin way of weight training excercise . You can laugh at it , but to me it ' s true .

A workout with moderate weight is better for the physical fitness and overall health.
    A high weight workout may be harmful for the health and body structure.
    Do some abs and cardio workouts along with weight workout for the better muscular health and physical fitness.
    Last edited by Pierce; 07-13-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    A workout with moderate weight is better for the physical fitness and overall health.
    A high weight workout may be harmful for the health and body structure.
    Do some abs and cardio workouts along with weight workout for the better muscular health and physical fitness.
    Define moderate?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Define moderate?
    I'd say around 70% of your max.

---

in all reality, I just do a sh*t ton of push up variations, standing squats, burpees, tension bands and other body weight stuff 'cuz I'm not a member of any gym and I only do this stuff to look good nekid.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I'd say around 70% of your max.

---

in all reality, I just do a sh*t ton of push up variations, standing squats, burpees, tension bands and other body weight stuff 'cuz I'm not a member of any gym and I only do this stuff to look good nekid.
    That is 1/4 of the equation.
    reps? sets? frequency?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !