Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else paying attention to the YMAA Retreat Center program?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I was at the first disciple ceremony and I know several of those guys.
    Waitaminute... how'd you get on the guest list, Gene? Who've you been drinkin tea with, huh??
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

id love to train every day all day, but I aint a dumass that pays a nobody 100k to do it.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

id love to train every day all day, but I aint a dumass that pays a nobody 100k to do it.
    You drink from the cup of Dr. Yang and you get knowledge of how to fly like crane and how to win ancient Chinese battle.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    You drink from the cup of Dr. Yang and you get knowledge of how to fly like crane and how to win ancient Chinese battle.
    100k man. think about it. how the fuk do these teens even come up wit the money.

100k man. think about it. how the fuk do these teens even come up wit the money.
    I know one of them is doing Kickstarter or something. Really, she's bustin her @ss to make money. I salute her ambition and dedication.

I know one of them is doing Kickstarter or something. Really, she's bustin her @ss to make money. I salute her ambition and dedication.
    its a horrible waste. imagine how much kfc and meth u can buy wit that money.

its a horrible waste. imagine how much kfc and meth u can buy wit that money.
    lmao... Bawang, you're talking to a life-long non-smoker/drinker/drug-user and I gave up fast food* in 2007

*Root Beer drive-ins don't count

his students are gonna have a great time after they "graduate" working as janitors at mcdonalds

his students are gonna have a great time after they "graduate" working as janitors at mcdonalds
    Why so pessimistic Bawang? They're given schooling on business and they are given money to start a school of their own (and they spend time teaching there as well).

They should at least be at the level of Shake Shack (which I also do not consider to be fast food and is amazing, if anyone has never been to one )

Why so pessimistic Bawang? They're given schooling on business and they are given money to start a school of their own (and they spend time teaching there as well).

They should at least be at the level of Shake Shack (which I also do not consider to be fast food and is amazing, if anyone has never been to one )
    are you a crack baby or have fetal alcohol syndrome, cuz its obvious this day and age nobody is gonna learn kung fu, not mention pay money for it.

the myth is over. people know its a dance. nobodys gonna pay money day in day out for a dance.

they could've signed up for wrestling or boxing tryouts at a college and learned under world famous coaches, and got paid scholarship for it.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-28-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Dude..

are you a crack baby or have fetal alcohol syndrome, cuz its obvious this day and age nobody is gonna learn kung fu, not mention pay money for it.

the myth is over. people know its a dance. nobodys gonna pay money day in day out for a dance.

if they trained for free wit a good inspiring teacher who isn't greedy they would've at least improved their character and got something.
    1) What happens when you spend only 10% of your time in class actually fighting? You get pwnd. I just got done trying to explain this to an MMA troll kiddie on YouTube over the past few days.

My foundation is built off of JKD, Muay Thai, and Escrima. In JKD and MT, we spent the majority of time doing pad work. With Escrima, everything was a partner drill.

I trained for a few months at this real traditional school. Teacher had a legit lineage to a few different masters from Taiwan; one of them made him the inheritor of the art. Majority of the time spent in class was doing forms. The only sparring we did was point sparring. It was a joke, even though the guy's a USKS hall of famer and stuff.

What happens when you spend 90% of your time dancing? You're only going to be a good dancer. It's not the Kung Fu. It's the way it's trained today.

2) Dr. Yang - despite questions of how much he's making off of this - is a very good teacher with a lot of knowledge. These kids train their @sses off, bro. 6 days a week.

We'll see how they turn out. I'm optimistic about the whole thing, personally.

You wanna bet dinner bro? You goin down!

2) Dr. Yang - despite questions of how much he's making off of this - is a very good teacher with a lot of knowledge. These kids train their @sses off, bro. 6 days a week.
    I train 7 days a week.

I train 7 days a week.
    I train 8, what's your point?

and how about dinner? 5 years bro; I'm catchin' a flight to you and I'm getting some free dinner for winning the bet

I will also show you why my xiong mao chuan is way ahead of your cute and cuddly wombat style, but that's another topic.

I dance 90% of the time. I train for health and culture. I don't pay 100k like a moron.

some people pay bodybuilder women to punch them in the balls. some people pay giant chocolate men to bang their wife. some people pay 100k for dancing lessons.