Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else paying attention to the YMAA Retreat Center program?

You don't feel it's worth your money, then? That's fine, man. I'm not making any money off of saying how I think it's great.

Different goals, I guess. Different vision. Whatev.

I'd pay that much to train with Dr. Yang (assuming a number of life factors for me were different) or Pan Qing-Fu even, and get a complete transmission of knowledge.

I'm in it for the fight; the survival. At the end of the day, it's important to me to know that I can handle myself and that's why I've always had an open sparring policy. That's what's important to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    You don't feel it's worth your money, then? That's fine, man. I'm not making any money off of saying how I think it's great.

Different goals, I guess. Different vision. Whatev.

I'd pay that much to train with Dr. Yang (assuming a number of life factors for me were different) or Pan Qing-Fu even, and get a complete transmission of knowledge.

I'm in it for the fight; the survival. At the end of the day, it's important to me to know that I can handle myself and that's why I've always had an open sparring policy. That's what's important to me.
    I have lived on 5-10k a year since 10 years old. 100k to me is an unimaginable amount of money. I cant imagine handing it over to some fukin Taiwanese whoc ant even spell his own name right, to learn some forms and do some pushups.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-28-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Different strokes for different folks..

I have lived on 5-10k a year since 10 years old. 100k to me is an unimaginable amount of money. I cant imagine handing it over to some fukin Taiwanese whoc ant even spell his own name right, to learn some forms and do some pushups.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

with 100k I can buy Jessica alba for one night. I can buy 50 thousand kfc chicken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Isn't there only half of the people left studying from the orginal group(10yr program). That is quite a commitment. I remember reading about it when it started.

I also like that they included firearms training. Let's face it, swords and spear are obsolete in street confrontations these days.
    you can get a permit for a gun. Can you get a permit for a spear?

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    you can get a permit for a gun. Can you get a permit for a spear?
    Probably not

but I could be wrong!

I think it depends on the state, ultimately. In Pa you can carry a gun and conceal carry. In NJ you can't have a pocket knife (I asked a cop on that one, since the rumour was it was OK if the blade was shorter than your palm width).

I dance 90% of the time. I train for health and culture. I don't pay 100k like a moron.

some people pay bodybuilder women to punch them in the balls. some people pay giant chocolate men to bang their wife. some people pay 100k for dancing lessons.
    dude, I dont need to work abs, I just read your posts it make me laugh so hard.. .ahhahahahhahhah great humor!! You can make 100k in comedy .. what are you waiting for.. its your true talent.

with 100k I can buy Jessica alba for one night. I can buy 50 thousand kfc chicken legs.
    ..and now we see Bawang's true goals in life.. womens and kfc

..and now we see Bawang's true goals in life.. womens and kfc
    this is not your goal? you are the loolee loolee?

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    dude, I dont need to work abs, I just read your posts it make me laugh so hard.. .ahhahahahhahhah great humor!! You can make 100k in comedy .. what are you waiting for.. its your true talent.
    First there was Shaolin Soccer, now there's Shaolin Stand-Up Comedy.

Bawang is our resident overly-sarcastic, borderline offensive comedian.

Dude Bawang. I think he's right. You're in the wrong biz. You should travel from school to school doing skits (of course, they'll probably hate you by the time you're done...)

First there was Shaolin Soccer, now there's Shaolin Stand-Up Comedy.

Bawang is our resident overly-sarcastic, borderline offensive comedian.

Dude Bawang. I think he's right. You're in the wrong biz. You should travel from school to school doing skits (of course, they'll probably hate you by the time you're done...)
    im not trying to be funny. im just telling the truth. kung fu is a joke. and yangs students, having wasted their youth, are jokes.

this is not your goal? you are the loolee loolee?
    WTF is a loolee loolee?

You boozin it tonight, bro?

WTF is a loolee loolee?

You boozin it tonight, bro?
    if ur heart were in touch with the colored peoples, you would understand.

I don't know what kind of rich bourgeois gated community u come from, but no kung fu is worth 100k. not even david ross.

if ur heart were in touch with the colored peoples, you would understand.
    My cousin-in-law (I've got no siblings) is a member of the colored people tribe

I don't know what kind of rich bourgeois gated community u come from
    When I moved to NYC, I lived in Dyker Heights. Mostly Chinese community. But still, on more than one occasion, some gang members got arrested right outside my bedroom window.

I'm not from the hood, but I'm not from any rich neighborhood either.

but no kung fu is worth 100k. not even david ross.
    What are the most important things in your life? For me, Kung Fu has always been one of them. I think TCM will be #2.

For me, exceptional Kung Fu is priceless. That's just me. You feel that a never-ending bucket of KFC is priceless. Different strokes, bro

What are the most important things in your life? For me, Kung Fu has always been one of them. I think TCM will be #2.

For me, exceptional Kung Fu is priceless. That's just me. You feel that a never-ending bucket of KFC is priceless. Different strokes, bro
    you dont get it do you? you cant buy kung fu. you cant buy honor.