Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: three basic dna of red boat era wck siu lin tau

That clip is an example of the Wck momentum DNA.to contrast why Wck is not spm or hsing Yee or taiji or hung gar......

As for how effective, efficient, to handle the power generation , the dynamic and the details is another story. That is the story of the body of he art. Watching YouTube is one thing to get the body to do it is another thing.

Wck has three basic DNA , momentum, body, and force flow which support each others.
    One needs to know the history and dna to know what , how, and why the sets are the way it is.

Otherwise, I might do southern mantis with wing chun hand shape such as tan sau, or doing wing Chun with southern manis body. I might practice snt with bak mei way.

Analogy to the Olympic swimmer, who swim free style, I swim free style too but how well my body is condition to swim in that particular style is another story. Also, I need to know if I really doing free style, thus I need to know the history and DNA and lots of details of the free style.

To just swim is one thing. To master a particular style of swimming is a different story.

Philip is doing great in this clip, but you see the students body and force flow breaking down. So, not every one can be Philip just learning the Wck momentum from him. To prepare or develop the body and force flow is another story. Sure , some one might say, they can use southern mantis way of body, but then will that body fit the Wck momentum DNA?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=47ZVi...%3D47ZVikbcYlU

Between black and white there is a rain bow spectrum of color , life is not as simply as it looks if one wants to see things clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    If achieving this kind of wing chun is what you are talking about, why go to all the trouble of energy flow paths, history, yik kam transform and all of the other stuff you have presented? This is just regular wsl wing chun done well.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    That clip is an example of the Wck momentum DNA.to contrast why Wck is not spm or hsing Yee or taiji or hung gar......

As for how effective, efficient, to handle the power generation , the dynamic and the details is another story. That is the story of the body of he art. Watching YouTube is one thing to get the body to do it is another thing.

Wck has three basic DNA , momentum, body, and force flow which support each others.
    One needs to know the history and dna to know what , how, and why the sets are the way it is.

Otherwise, I might do southern mantis with wing chun hand shape such as tan sau, or doing wing Chun with southern manis body. I might practice snt with bak mei way.

Analogy to the Olympic swimmer, who swim free style, I swim free style too but how well my body is condition to swim in that particular style is another story. Also, I need to know if I really doing free style, thus I need to know the history and DNA and lots of details of the free style.

To just swim is one thing. To master a particular style of swimming is a different story.

Philip is doing great in this clip, but you see the students body and force flow breaking down. So, not every one can be Philip just learning the Wck momentum from him. To prepare or develop the body and force flow is another story. Sure , some one might say, they can use southern mantis way of body, but then will that body fit the Wck momentum DNA?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=47ZVi...%3D47ZVikbcYlU

Between black and white there is a rain bow spectrum of color , life is not as simply as it looks if one wants to see things clearly.
    So what are you saying? Jerry has it or not? You use him as an example..is this the wing chun you want to see or is it not? If not then what are you talking about exactly when you use him as an example?

Your clip doesn't work btw

Jerry is showing wing chun strategy and momentum DNA.

However, there are layers under what one sees, instead of asking Jerry has it or not, ask " can I do what Jerry is doing, " and start pealing onion on how involve is a look simple action. If one don't go through that seeing layer and layer behind it. Then , one is like watching Bruce lee movie, and it is like mimic Bruce lee side kick to take a picture. But really doesn't know what Bruce really has behind that simple sidekick.

But if you just want to learn a few move and use it to sparing , please ignore my posts. Because I am focus in the art of Wck 1850 instead of teaching how to fight. Those are different focus. It is like study in a physical education degree and go to a gym to learn to fight. You don't need to know what I am talking about.

I just test it Clip works fine.

So what are you saying? Jerry has it or not? You use him as an example..is this the wing chun you want to see or is it not? If not then what are you talking about exactly when you use him as an example?

Your clip doesn't work btw
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2013 at 04:30 PM.

But if you just want to learn a few move and use it to sparing , please ignore my posts. Because I am focus in the art of Wck 1850 instead of teaching how to fight. Those are different focus. It is like study in a physical education degree and go to a gym to learn to fight. You don't need to know what I am talking about.
    This is really the crux of the matter isn’t it?

Authority through intellectual understanding just doesn’t cut it with physical pursuits.

There are after all, nine (I think at last count) different types of intelligence, one of which relates directly to movement and bodily control. Intellectual understanding (alone) isn’t better or even preferred with MA where a more visceral intelligence is paramount and the reason why there are so many calls to see something in action against an opponent if one is not in a position of having a direct opportunity to feel it.

While I find much of what you write thought provoking I would suggest you’re alienating the very audience you are wishing to reach with this type of statement.

Dave

What I present is not as what you describe .
    Got nothing to do with

Authority through intellectual understanding just doesn’t cut it with physical pursuits.

If you want to learn just how to drive. You don't need to know engineering details of how the car design. That is what I am presenting. There is no need to force every one to learn engineering details . But if they are interested they can join.

Instead of what you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Dave View Post
    This is really the crux of the matter isn’t it?

There are after all, nine (I think at last count) different types of intelligence, one of which relates directly to movement and bodily control. Intellectual understanding (alone) isn’t better or even preferred with MA where a more visceral intelligence is paramount and the reason why there are so many calls to see something in action against an opponent if one is not in a position of having a direct opportunity to feel it.

While I find much of what you write thought provoking I would suggest you’re alienating the very audience you are wishing to reach with this type of statement.

Dave
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-06-2013 at 05:06 PM.

If you want to learn just how to drive. You don't need to know engineering details of how the car design.
    Agreed, not in an intellectual sense that's true but the reverse is also pertinent to the discussion - knowing the engineering details doesn't prove you know (or can advise on) how to drive.

Dave

Agree.

However, what you raise is a different topic. Please start a new thread for that if you like to discuss with those who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Dave View Post
    Agreed, not in an intellectual sense that's true but the reverse is also pertinent to the discussion - knowing the engineering details doesn't prove you know (or can advise on) how to drive.

Dave

Jerry is showing wing chun strategy and momentum DNA.

However, there are layers under what one sees, instead of asking Jerry has it or not, ask " can I do what Jerry is doing, " and start pealing onion on how involve is a look simple action. If one don't go through that seeing layer and layer behind it. Then , one is like watching Bruce lee movie, and it is like mimic Bruce lee side kick to take a picture. But really doesn't know what Bruce really has behind that simple sidekick.
    Do you feel it is necessary to work through the stuff you advocate in order to be able to do what Jerry is doing? Has Jerry done your Yik Kam transform stuff?
    Last edited by guy b.; 07-07-2013 at 06:05 AM.

What I present is not as what you describe .
    Got nothing to do with

If you want to learn just how to drive. You don't need to know engineering details of how the car design. That is what I am presenting. There is no need to force every one to learn engineering details . But if they are interested they can join.

Instead of what you are thinking.
    This is not the case. You are presenting mechanics of wing chun which ARE to be used in fighting correct? These things are according to you how you are supposed to do things and you even go so far as to say if you are not doing them then you are not doing wing chun since they are in your words the very DNA of wing chun. You say they define wing chun. Most of your postings eventually get around to how this or that is not wing chun because they do not do things as you believe they should.

You cannot have it both ways where on one hand you say if you are not using these so called engineering details you are not doing wing chun at all and on the other hand say if you are only interested in fighting with your wing chun then you do not need to know the engineering details.

Then you refer to a video where someone is doing something along the lines you refer to in your DNA as an example.

If you are going to put up video after video of you TALKING about how things should be done and post after post of how there is only one right way to do wing chun then you must expect people to want to see these things actually done or actually used. When you tell people that YOU have the real wing chun then you should expect to be called to show it in action.

Videos of people talking, diagrams, historical references and stories, and all that sort of stuff does not persuade me in the least that you or anyone knows what they are talking about. It also doesn't help when you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Jerry has lots of body and Jin development.

Even though it is not yik kam transform and dont have to because it is the content of body jin development which is count , not the label, but he has an excellent coverage on the content needed.

a good coverage of body Jin, is a must for good execution.

Yik kam transform is one way of building a good coverage which support the three sets. Since it cover the full body integration static loose, dynamic up down, dynamic up down twist and turn, dynamic walking. There are many ways to do development , yik kam transform is one way but cover the basic needed based to support the three sets where people might missed.

Do you feel it is necessary to work through the stuff you advocate in order to be able to do what Jerry is doing? Has Jerry done your Yik Kam transform stuff?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-07-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Jerry has lots of body and Jin development.

Even though it is not yik kam transform and dont have to because it is the content of body jin development which is count , not the label, but he has an excellent coverage on the content needed.

a good coverage of body Jin, is a must for good execution.

Yik kam transform is one way of building a good coverage which support the three sets. Since it cover the full body integration static loose, dynamic up down, dynamic up down twist and turn, dynamic walking. There are many ways to do development , yik kam transform is one way but cover the basic needed based to support the three sets where people might missed.
    Ok fair answer, thanks.

Test out he yik kam transform drill, you might find some motion which you like.

Ok fair answer, thanks.

Thanks Hendrik! That one was a little more to the point. As a previous poster said, sometimes your videos won't play. If you post them as a direct link to youtube as you did with this video, they play fine. But if you post them as a link to your "dashboard" so they come out as an m.youtube link, they won't play for me. I have to go directly to youtube and then search for them.

Test out he yik kam transform drill, you might find some motion which you like.
    Can you point us to the thread where you describe how to perform this drill? Thanks!