Thread: Gun defense

Hybrid View

Gun defense

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

and then you grab his wind pipe and squeeze!

(and STEP!)

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    and then you grab his wind pipe and squeeze!

(and STEP!)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    that right there is the deadly art of taiji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgMWKv37HY
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that right there is the deadly art of taiji

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgMWKv37HY
    Another poor example of gun defense not the technique but why would a pistol wield er approach this closely? A pistol is as effective at 3 inches as it is from 30 yards. If you are to cuff approach from the rear

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    Another poor example of gun defense not the technique but why would a pistol wield er approach this closely? A pistol is as effective at 3 inches as it is from 30 yards. If you are to cuff approach from the rear
    How does he keep it from going off as he pulls it to his chest is what I was wondering....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post

No it isn't. The accuracy of a pistol increases as the distance decreases.

Yet another shooter - Aaron Alexis kills 12

Our latest ezine article became quite timely.

Read Facing an Active Shooter: The Kung Fu Basics by Robert Dreeben
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gun!!!

Rule 1) Get down low

Rule 2) Seek an exit

^This is effective gun defense.

Everything that has you trying to disarm, or grab or distract etc etc etc is...well, it's minimally useful at best and a load of crap for the most part.

Yes indeed, try these moves with an airsoft pistol. You will get shot 99.9% of the time. If you don't believe it, try it. Try as many crazy ass moves as you like. You will get shot pretty much every single time.

Oh yeah, against a knife? You'll get cut. 99.9% of the time.

Empty hand vs a weapon? Weapon will prevail 99.9% of the time.

Has escalation of force taught us nothing and we are all dreaming we are spider man or batman. Get serious with your training people.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Nix rule 1 there, DJ

In active shooter scenarios, it is not recommended that you 'get down low'. It is recommended that you take cover behind something. Bullets travel downward, so most police strategies, getting down low is a last resort course of action.

As for gun disarms, I agree with you, but heed Dreeben's point on the matter "It is very difficult to pull off during one of those small windows of opportunity, and the odds of success are stacked against you as the twitch of a trigger finger takes less than a second. That being said, it's better to have one technique rather than no techniques as a last ditch effort for survival."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Two things:

Cover=find it.
    Distance=put it between you and the shooter.

rule #3

become a bionic commando. then the bullets just bounce right off.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Gun!!!

Rule 1) Get down low

Rule 2) Seek an exit

^This is effective gun defense.

Everything that has you trying to disarm, or grab or distract etc etc etc is...well, it's minimally useful at best and a load of crap for the most part.

Yes indeed, try these moves with an airsoft pistol. You will get shot 99.9% of the time. If you don't believe it, try it. Try as many crazy ass moves as you like. You will get shot pretty much every single time.

Oh yeah, against a knife? You'll get cut. 99.9% of the time.

Empty hand vs a weapon? Weapon will prevail 99.9% of the time.

Has escalation of force taught us nothing and we are all dreaming we are spider man or batman. Get serious with your training people.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    In active shooter scenarios, it is not recommended that you 'get down low'. It is recommended that you take cover behind something. Bullets travel downward, so most police strategies, getting down low is a last resort course of action.

As for gun disarms, I agree with you, but heed Dreeben's point on the matter "It is very difficult to pull off during one of those small windows of opportunity, and the odds of success are stacked against you as the twitch of a trigger finger takes less than a second. That being said, it's better to have one technique rather than no techniques as a last ditch effort for survival."
    You do want to get crouch low but not on-your-belly low. You want to be low enough that a shooter spraying a waist-up ton of bullets won't hit you but not so low that you get caught in the head by stuff ****zing alonge the floor. Withd granades, you want to get all the way down.

And obviously cover and evacuation in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

No can do on the nixing #1 ~G

I said get low, not belly crawl. lol
    Cover is not always available.

Get low, move to the exit.

In boot camp, the rule is: In a firefight, get low, conserve ammo, move.
    Kung Fu is good for you.