Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun defense

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    If you were that close it would.
    If my grandmother had balls, she'd be my grandfather.

That said, I takes me far less time/reaction speed to squeeze a trigger than it takes my opponent to even BEGIN to do any of, whatever that was suppose to be.
    Besides that, the technique in of it self, would work THAT way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That said, I takes me far less time/reaction speed to squeeze a trigger than it takes my opponent to even BEGIN to do any of, whatever that was suppose to be.
    Besides that, the technique in of it self, would work THAT way.
    If my hands are next to yours (as was shown in that clip), I can turn the gun before you can fire.

As far as the technique working, it works.

It most certainly does not work seeing as how it has never been used in an MMA or full contact fight that I am aware of.
    -Golden Arms-

If my hands are next to yours (as was shown in that clip), I can turn the gun before you can fire.

As far as the technique working, it works.
    I doubt that very much.
    I know THAT for a fact ( I know how fast I can pull a trigger in combat, not sure if you do too...)

Yeah, I can see it worked really well, especially how the "attacker" acted.

I doubt that very much.
    I know THAT for a fact ( I know how fast I can pull a trigger in combat, not sure if you do too...)

Yeah, I can see it worked really well, especially how the "attacker" acted.
    How many people have you shot when their hands were next to yours and they tried to disarm you?

How many people have you shot when their hands were next to yours and they tried to disarm you?
    None have been stupid enough to try, so...
    Probably why they (hopefully) are still alive.

None have been stupid enough to try, so...
    Probably why they (hopefully) are still alive.
    So, really, you have no clue.

The principles in that clip are very valid.

So, really, you have no clue.

The principles in that clip are very valid.
    Fine, go for it and lets us know how it works out for you.

That defense would never work because everyone knows the kill shot is supposed to look like this:

if the shooter has their finger on the trigger and they have true intention to pull the trigger, you wont get to disarm them before they shoot you.

just to try it out, my roommate and i set up a similar scenario with an airsoft pistol. you get shot almost every time. try it and see for yourself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    if the shooter has their finger on the trigger and they have true intention to pull the trigger, you wont get to disarm them before they shoot you.

just to try it out, my roommate and i set up a similar scenario with an airsoft pistol. you get shot almost every time. try it and see for yourself.
    I have. Many times.

If my hand is next to yours, I can change the angle of the barrel much quicker than you can pull the trigger. The only time I cannot do that is if you anticipate the movement and fire before I initiate the movement with my hands.

I hear ya. the easiest thing for the shooter to do at that point is withdraw their distance a few inches and then shoot you. and if im planning on shooting you and your hands are near my gun. guess exactly what im anticipating? you get 1 guess
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I hear ya. the easiest thing for the shooter to do at that point is withdraw their distance a few inches and then shoot you. and if im planning on shooting you and your hands are near my gun. guess exactly what im anticipating? you get 1 guess
    If I'm in front of you and you move back, I can spring forward twice as fast as you can move back.

If my hands are near your gun and I think you are going to shoot me, guess what I'm going to be doing as part of my redirecting whether you start to move back or not? You get 1 guess.

fun game. the only problem i see is you somehow changed the scenario. remember you're on you knees. you arent moving faster than i can retreat. if you want to dive for my legs go for it. if you're on your feet you wouldnt be that close to me anyway unless i was behind you. i think most of us can agree that the tech in that clip is not going to work most of the time for most people.
    Last edited by Lucas; 07-16-2013 at 03:25 PM.

fun game. the only problem i see is you somehow changed the scenario. remember you're on you knees. you arent moving faster than i can retreat. if you want to dive for my legs go for it. if you're on your feet you wouldnt be that close to me anyway unless i was behind you. i think most of us can agree that the tech in that clip is not going to work most of the time for most people.
    You are the one changing the scenario from the original in the first place. In the original, the gun wielder was in the process of moving forward into the guy and had just finished making him go down to his knees and the gun was right next to his hands. He couldn't move back because he was already continuing to move forward.

In the original scenario, the technique is valid.