Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary lam?

Cheap shot?

You're doing a chi-sau demo, i.e. showing how it works, unscripted with someone from the audience. Why would you deliberately have such a weak structure? Or why would you not expect the guy to do actual chi-sau with you? You want him to just roll back and forth and you do what you choose? That's not how chi-sau works. It's mutual action and reaction. So why would the guy not do what he did, which was merely push into the hole Gary left gaping? Gary should have shown how to deal with it, if he could. Instead, he's the one that got upset and started taking shots. Ridiculous "incident".

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------True
    But compulsive PB guys go over same put downs.
    F me Joy! You are getting as repetative!

That video is atrocious! Gary Lam relies on co-operative students to "perform" all his stuff on. It's been like that for years and in the process he has become fat and lazy and could not deal with that guy. Instead he showed what normally happens when things go wrong. He starts flailing and using his weight to muscle the other guy around. IMO he showed his true colours and I didn't see one thing that represents all the rubbish he puts in his DVD's one bit! That is usual in Wing Chun and I would hazzard a guess you would have faired no better in that situation.

If we are talking about PB here (as usual ) the guy is in his 50's and still moves around and has power of a guy half his age.

Put be PB in that situation and that other guy would have been in trouble! FACT!

................more so you would have seen Ving Tsun at work. With Gary Lam......nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Gary left gaping? Gary should have shown how to deal with it, if he could. Instead, he's the one that got upset and started taking shots. Ridiculous "incident".
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jimhalliwell View Post
    Cheap shot?
    Seems his centre was totally open
    Center open??? He was more wide open than a shopping center!

.......from every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post

If we are talking about PB here (as usual ) the guy is in his 50's and still moves around and has power of a guy half his age.

Put be PB in that situation and that other guy would have been in trouble! FACT!

................more so you would have seen Ving Tsun at work. With Gary Lam......nothing!
    none of us know this because all we see of PB is rolling with his students not with guys outside his gym who dont worship him, at least Lam has trained fighters and put them into full contact matches still waiting for any clips from the PB lot doing this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    none of us know this because all we see of PB is rolling with his students not with guys outside his gym who dont worship him, at least Lam has trained fighters and put them into full contact matches still waiting for any clips from the PB lot doing this.....
    Don't hold your breath will you?

I would rather go and do it rather than wait for videos. Oh wait a minute......I have.

Have you?

maybe you don't need to but it would be frustrating for me to not know myself.....Oh wait a minute...........it was frustrating so I jumped on a plane.

Have you?

It's like being on The Waltzers this innit?

Don't hold your breath will you?

I would rather go and do it rather than wait for videos. Oh wait a minute......I have.

Have you?

maybe you don't need to but it would be frustrating for me to not know myself.....Oh wait a minute...........it was frustrating so I jumped on a plane.

Have you?

It's like being on The Waltzers this innit?
    Gee, i just drove down to my local boxing-MT gym

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Gee, i just drove down to my local boxing-MT gym
    snap only with me its the local Thai and MMA gym. Shame no one from PBs lineage cares enough to post anything more than sticky hands with his own students but love to mock others who are known to have produced fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    snap only with me its the local Thai and MMA gym. Shame no one from PBs lineage cares enough to post anything more than sticky hands with his own students but love to mock others who are known to have produced fighters
    So what? Does the fact that you box and do MT mean you are some sort of tough guys?

Since when does practicing a fighting system make you invincible. I know scarier dudes outside of MA's.

You guys crack me up. You are always putting Wing Chun down and harp on about the fact that you do these other fighting systems and yet you spend most of your day bickering with people from other Wing Chun lineages.

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something. Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.

TST's lineage has got to be one of the weakest so that sums Glenn's desire to box and do MT and as for Frost???? Dunno. He just likes disagreeing with everybody and offering sometimes useful but sometimes pointless POV's.

I'm off to Turkey for a while so I won't be able to continue this love in. I'll miss you guys! BOOO HOOOO HOOO

So what? Does the fact that you box and do MT mean you are some sort of tough guys?
    Yes, our toughness is inspiring.
    My point was, my dear, that you dont need to go the another country to learn a valid fighting method.

Since when does practicing a fighting system make you invincible. I know scarier dudes outside of MA's.
    Me too.
    You guys crack me up. You are always putting Wing Chun down and harp on about the fact that you do these other fighting systems and yet you spend most of your day bickering with people from other Wing Chun lineages.
    I never put WC down, just the *****y guys that claim superiority (holds mirror up for G)

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something.
    You know what G? Maybe youre right. So what id did was went to the premium striking arts to see how id go.
    Found out some good things and some bad things i do.... who would have thought hey?

Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.
    Great, so why the shot at the guys that try other styles?
    Fighting is fighting after all..... or so you keep telling us.

TST's lineage has got to be one of the weakest so that sums Glenn's desire to box and do MT and as for Frost???? Dunno. He just likes disagreeing with everybody and offering sometimes useful but sometimes pointless POV's.
    So PB's the strongest is it?
    If you want to get alll lineagy (that a word) ive comfortably exchanged with WSLVT guys in my pre MT-boxing days.... but maybe im just a talent!

I'm off to Turkey for a while so I won't be able to continue this love in. I'll miss you guys! BOOO HOOOO HOOO
    Now dont spend too much time in those turkish baths g

I think you are missing their point. They are not putting wing chun the system down. They are putting down certain people in wing chun. I do not hear them ragging on Alan Orrs guys for instance. The people they are criticizing are the ones who believe they have the answers but have never experienced the questions. I do not think it is a coincidence that those sorts believe what they do is truly wonderful as they have never put themselves in situations where their limitations will be exposed.

Practicing your wing chun against other wing chun people will give you only a very limited exposure to practicing using your wing chun skills.

You know what I think? You do MT and Box because your Wing Chun is lacking in something. Why do I think that?......because I used to do the same. That was until I found a system that ticked all the boxes that I needed ticking and I started training in a lineage where many people train like proper fighters and not your usual Wing Chun BS.

I cannot speak for others but I have found that I only get better doing those things I practice. Wasn't it Sun Tzu who said know yourself and your enemy? By training with and against boxers for example you will see what they do, how they do it, and so forth and you can practice using your wing chun skills against people with good punching skills, good tactics, people who are difficult to hit and so forth. Same with working with mma or mt guys. These encounters will show you your limitations and weaknesses in applying your wing chun, and that is the first step in improving.

You talk about the usual BS in wing chun circles. I think the attitude you express of everyone else is lacking and we have the answers when you have not even experienced the questions for yourself is that usual wing chun BS.

It is great you found a wing chun teacher that you are happy with. Training like a proper fighter to use your words involves practicing with and against proper fighters.

****! No post from Frost.

Never mind. Nice days fishing.

Chow

Chow
    sorry didnt know you missed me

Chow