Thread: Ok now...

Ok now...

Is this the part where we all lecture the world's greatest fighter on the day 1 fundamentals of fighting? Keep them hands up!
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Is this the part where we all lecture the world's greatest fighter on the day 1 fundamentals of fighting? Keep them hands up!
    How the mighty fall eh?

first they wobble and look like they're taunting you, then boom, sack of potatoes...

I didn't expect that of Silva, but that's how it goes. 1 up 1 down and repeat.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    respected the guys talent. hated his attitude.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    He already has everything that a fighter could wish for. It looked like he was bored of winning and wanted to entertain himself regardless of the result. However it was unprofessional and disrespectful to take his midlife crisis issues into the octagon.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 07-07-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Pride goeth before a fall...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I don't like Silva's attitude but I think this was a set up. After the fight, he commented that he has ten fights left on his contract and won't be trying to recapture the title.

I think he was running out of fighters to face and was no longer drawing a crowd. I think he will be moving up a weight class or doing "dream" match fights. Other than that. I think Dana just doesn't have a use for him any more.
    What, me worry?

Ah, such is life.
    While there is a tactical advantage to what Silva does ( makes his opponents over extend and leaves them open to get clocked with Silva's power that he has while moving back), this time He paid the price.
    It probably should have happened sooner ( like it did with Sugar Ray) BUT them's the break.
    Well be very interested in seeing the rematch.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I honestly think he is bored and saw this match as an easy win so mixed tactics with show boating and paid the price
    Those tactics are better suited to boxing where you have 10oz gloves and can have a standing count if you get clipped and start again, in MMA no matter how much better than your opponent you are a single lucky shot can put you on queer street and its all over just like it did with the Reem a few UFCs ago

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I honestly think he is bored and saw this match as an easy win so mixed tactics with show boating and paid the price
    Those tactics are better suited to boxing where you have 10oz gloves and can have a standing count if you get clipped and start again, in MMA no matter how much better than your opponent you are a single lucky shot can put you on queer street and its all over just like it did with the Reem a few UFCs ago
    I agree and the problem is that it HAD worked form him in the past.
    It's funny to see him do this though and act arrogant and ****y when, from what I gather, he isn't like that at all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Saw this one in the bar, it was funny to see people's reactions. While Silva was evading and showing off, everyone was like "hahah, show him, you're so much better, we love you", and then when he bit it, people loudly stated that "he was an *******", that he had it coming and deserved it.

At least the rematch, if there is one, won't be yet another "Anderson Silva vs the guy who is going to lose" kind of event that all his fights since Sonnen seemed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Ah, such is life.
    While there is a tactical advantage to what Silva does ( makes his opponents over extend and leaves them open to get clocked with Silva's power that he has while moving back), this time He paid the price.
    It probably should have happened sooner ( like it did with Sugar Ray) BUT them's the break.
    Well be very interested in seeing the rematch.
    Yes - from most of what I have read Silva does his taunting and showboating as a strategy to get inside his opponent's head and to get them overextended coming after them. He's not lazy, he trains hard and prepares for opponents.

Weidman actually went outside of his gameplan there for that last exchange where he knocked Silva out. You can hear this in interviews. Silva actually did get inside his head and caused this. There's also video clip out there right after the KO of Weidman saying "disrespectful piece of s$$$" and slapping his coaches hand.

Also really interesting is Silva's head bob is tailor-made for the 1-2 combo most people throw. Weidman threw the 1-2 which was slipped, but then came back with a backfist 2 and a 3 which was offbeat to Silva's rhythm and the 3 clipped him perfect. And the guys are getting a lot better at capitalizing on the flash ko to finish too.

Since Silva is already doing this, I think he should learn drunken boxing properly.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    apparently steven segal didn't have enough training input prefight for silva to use.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Maybe the loss will snap him out of that daze he's been in for the last handful of fights. The hungry Anderson Silva is teh deadliez. Not sure if he still has it in him, but if he does, it would sure be nice to see it again. I wanna see that hunger he had before he even fought in the UFC. I wanna see the hunger he had when he fought Fryklund combined with the experience he has now. I lil humility can go a long way as a motivational tool. That being said, I'm not sure he really has it in him anymore. He's been coasting for quite awhile now.

Weidman is a great fighter. Silva may have handed him the opportunity, but he kept his cool and marched forward. He earned and deserved that win.

I doubt Silva did this to capitalize on a rematch, but I guarantee that he will get a nice paycheck for this next one. I'm assuming after all said and done that it will be in the 8 figure range.

Just in case anyone didnt get a chance to see Silva Vs Weidman here is the whole fight.

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/ufc-1...deoflv-2485731