Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
Muscle strength and plyometrics are one aspect of explosive power.

What methods and mechanisms of your functional training capitalize specifically on elasticity of human biomechanics as a system?

Learning proper body alignment and balance is a pre requisite because the issuance of the force needs a proper foundation and bio-mechanic.

hyperextend in small increments of increase
learn to focus strength at moment of impact, from an increasing state of relaxation before and after.
move with a change in direction that goes into hyper extension.
link several together and repeat until you die.

When you start training, your joints begin to ache. You stop and rest. Eventually it stops and you find new things. If you stop training for a long time, your joints will begin to ache again a bit.

Its obviously something that needs a trainer.

Now, to the best of my understanding, SPM gets there using a lot of dynamic tension, and quick releases. Its very significant to me that the end result of different styles of training achieve a very similar result.

I've never seen any other arts do it to the same degree of integrated efficiency and control.

Its a core technique, you can put it on a boxers jab, a kick, backlist - lots of things. Doesn't just have to sit on a TCMA technique is the beauty of it.

A bit like a turbo charger, it fits on most thing, and the ones it blows up just need reinforcement in the weak spots. And maybe a bit of engineering.