Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the right to say what is and what isn't Wing Chun?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    I would like to see the two most popular Kungfu styles, Wing Chun and Shaolin Do join forces to create an even more popular Shaolin WingChun Do. A crowd pleaser that could combine the Southern Boxing skills with the Wushu longfist/kicks & other stuffs of SD.
    --------------------------------
    Nah!!

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    What is or isn't vt should be what is bad vt and what is awesome vt ? Easy to check. Bad vt chases hands in set piece tests. Bad vt doesn't have a grasp of llhs lsjc in physical fighting exchanges, iow there are drills that will show errors in delivery of correct or incorrect ideas and lines. There are easy ways to test ones reactions to certain stimulus. There are specific vt set ups to catch " humans " and their unconditioned responses. I am not talking about pushing and shoving in slt stances either. Lin sil di da ( simultaneously striking and defending with ONE arm and not Bil sao ; ) ) is a specific method of striking in vt, either you have it, awesome, or you don't, bad , simple.
    Ving Tsun, awesome !
    : )
    Kevin, remember I once asked to post a clip that you liked of someone doing Wing Chun outside of PB's camp? Did you forget or is it that you feel only PB's clips are any good?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    I would like to see the two most popular Kungfu styles, Wing Chun and Shaolin Do join forces to create an even more popular Shaolin WingChun Do. A crowd pleaser that could combine the Southern Boxing skills with the Wushu longfist/kicks & other stuffs of SD.
    I would second this motion but only if the official uniform consists of pink tutus and tiaras.

Life evolves. I hope most people are different to how they were 20 years ago!

Martial arts are no different but there has to be a limit to what you pass off as wing chun. If it is heavily mixed with boxing, mantis, karate etc then don't claim to be the oringial, pure of true wing chun.

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Kevin, remember I once asked to post a clip that you liked of someone doing Wing Chun outside of PB's camp? Did you forget or is it that you feel only PB's clips are any good?
    http://youtu.be/bTJ3p__IaOc
    ( I know you like the music ; ) )

http://youtu.be/0YnEm1zaUyE
    ( of course )

http://youtu.be/8AIAStBcP04
    ( cham Kim man )

http://youtu.be/lFTnWelknXM
    ( Chu Hok yin ) the guy on the right could kill you with one punch !

http://youtu.be/guWUo8qS53U
    ( WZP )

There's more ....

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I hope you keep posting your ideas and videos because they give me hearty belly laughs and the world always can use more laughter.

But wait! Didn't you just say on the "light sparring video" thread that Hendrik's ideas there were simply common WCK mechanics and no big deal? That gives you a "hearty belly laugh"?
    The ideas that make me laugh are not the common wing chun strategies and mechanics but how he over complicates them and dresses them up in pretentious terminology and uses it to draw unfounded and unwarranted conclusions to support his real wing agenda.

K Gledhill was right the real question is not is it or is it not wing chun but is it good or bad wing chun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I have no followers and no need to have one.

Btw. Agree or disagree with me doesn't make doing or not doing Wck .
    But if you don't do Wck then you don't know Wck.
    I actually agree with you. If you are not doing wing chun you can't know it. You are not doing it you only talk talk talk about it. You cannot even do it on your numerous videos just more and more empty talk. Your videos are coffee time with Hendrik. When people ask to come see you do the things you talk talk talk about you freak out and threaten to call the FBI. Of course you do not want anyone to see your lack of skills since this will expose you as the fraud you are. You do not even recognize the most basic and fundamental skill in wing chun. You sir are a poser. You pose as some expert but it is all hot air. You do not have a grasp of even the most basic things.

You keep talk about solid short....etc. but face it, you don't even know the different between a body type power generation which used by boxing and force line type which uses by Wck.

How can one uses a boxing type of power generation is doing Wck?

K Gledhill has post a post on lat sau jek choong, that shows he knows Wck. But you just a mma or boxing guy pretend to be wcner. You don't have to believe me. But make my day, explains the lat sau jek choong to K Gledhill and see you know what are you talking about. Go ahead. Explain how to do lat sau Jee choong and K Gledhill be the judge on do you know what you are talking about solid short to center line of Wck, the lat sau jek choong.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    The ideas that make me laugh are not the common wing chun strategies and mechanics but how he over complicates them and dresses them up in pretentious terminology and uses it to draw unfounded and unwarranted conclusions to support his real wing agenda.

K Gledhill was right the real question is not is it or is it not wing chun but is it good or bad wing chun.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Certain individuals continue to post over and over again about what is and what isn't Wing Chun. It get's pretty tiresome. What gives them, or anybody else, the right to say if my kung fu is WCK or not? Really! I mean if someone does crappy WCK diluted with other styles... OK say that. But as long as it has some connection to WCK, what you call your art is your own darned business.

When I started training WC in the late 70s, all WC was Ip man WC (as far as any of us knew). So, if we saw something that wasn't of Ip Man lineage maybe we would have said it wasn't real WC. Well now we know better. There are many lineages and even within lineages, so many variations.

Now of course, not all are WC systems equally effective. And separate from that issue, not all are equally "pure". Some blend in other systems ...pak mei, spm, 18 lo han, long fist, grappling and so forth. If they blend in too much outside stuff, maybe in the interest of accuracy they really should call themselves by another name, like Bruce Lee's JKD. But that's their business.

Honestly, the way some here carry on about WC "DNA" it almost reminds me of a racial purity thing! Purebred or mutt, I'll take what works. Like I said if you think your WC is better (Hi Kevin!) good for you. If you adapt your WC for sport fighting in the ring, OK. That's your right. And however it turns out, if you still call it WC, I may critique it, but you can call it WC/WT/VT or whatever the heck you want.

--Any thoughts?
    No one can make that call.
    WHat can be stated is what is good or bad WC.
    How?
    If you can beat a guy that is trying to rip your face off and skull hump you, then yes, you have good WC because you used it for what it was created for.
    If you have been doing WC for years and get your butt kicked when you finally fight some guy that KNOWS how to fight, then no, your WC is not good.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No one can make that call.
    WHat can be stated is what is good or bad WC.
    How?
    If you can beat a guy that is trying to rip your face off and skull hump you, then yes, you have good WC because you used it for what it was created for.
    If you have been doing WC for years and get your butt kicked when you finally fight some guy that KNOWS how to fight, then no, your WC is not good.
    and this is true for any combat system in the universe.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    and this is true for any combat system in the universe.
    Yep.
    Anyone that states differently has turned their back on tradition !

And has dishonored the shaolin temple !

Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 07-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You keep talk about solid short....etc. but face it, you don't even know the different between a body type power generation which used by boxing and force line type which uses by Wck.

How can one uses a boxing type of power generation is doing Wck?
    I never said anything about using boxing mechanics in place of wing chun mechanics. This is your favorite ploy to divert attention anytime you cannot deal with something it is always you are not even doing wing chun.

You must hit with your body if not you are only using your arms or legs. The mechanics of wing chun and boxing are different and how they put the body into their shots is different but they are both putting the body into their shots since without that you have no power. This is the most basic thing and you do not understand it which only shows you have little skill or understanding of wing chun.

You cannot bamboozle me as you are trying to do. I can see right through you.

K Gledhill has post a post on lat sau jek choong, that shows he knows Wck. But you just a mma or boxing guy pretend to be wcner. You don't have to believe me. But make my day, explains the lat sau jek choong to K Gledhill and see you know what are you talking about. Go ahead. Explain how to do lat sau Jee choong and K Gledhill be the judge on do you know what you are talking about solid short to center line of Wck, the lat sau jek choong.
    I need to pass the Hendrik test? Another of your favorite ploys and no matter what answer you give all knowing Hendrik will tell you if your are right. You have no skill so you cannot judge any answer.

Here you go. There can be no lut sau jik cheung without lou lai hoi soong. Discuss. You do not understand this? It makes no sense to you? This only shows Hendrik does not know wing chun.

I think K Gledhill correctly understands that the basis of wing chun the fundamental skill is your ability to solidly hit with your body behind it and that tells me he has experience in using his wing chun since this is something you only gain from experience not from trying to decipher kune kuit.

I have no interest in proving myself to an unskilled poser like yourself. Why don't you let those guys come visit you and video tape yourself sparring since you love putting up videos of yourself? Show the world the real Hendrik and what his level in wing chun really is.

Hahaha,

Explain that to K Gledhill what you know on lat sau Jee choong.

Got nothing to do with me .

Doesn't matter if I have skill or not. Bottom line is you don't have it. Even per K Gledhill standard.

Uptu now you are starting personal attack due to you can't reason with technical. As usual one turn into personal when one doesn't know. And sure you dont have to admit you dont know as the emperor new dress.

So, as Kpm says, thanks for the chat. Best luck!

I need to pass the Hendrik test? Another of your favorite ploys and no matter what answer you give all knowing Hendrik will tell you if your are right. You have no skill so you cannot judge any answer.

Here you go. There can be no lut sau jik cheung without lou lai hoi soong. Discuss. You do not understand this? It makes no sense to you? This only shows Hendrik does not know wing chun.

I think K Gledhill correctly understands that the basis of wing chun the fundamental skill is your ability to solidly hit with your body behind it and that tells me he has experience in using his wing chun since this is something you only gain from experience not from trying to decipher kune kuit.

I have no interest in proving myself to an unskilled poser like yourself. Why don't you let those guys come visit you and video tape yourself sparring since you love putting up videos of yourself? Show the world the real Hendrik and what his level in wing chun really is.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-11-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Hahaha,

Explain that to K Gledhill what you know.

Got nothing to do with me .

Doesn't matter if I have skill or not. Bottom line is you don't have it. Even per K Gledhill standard.

Uptu now you are starting personal attack due to you can't reason with technical. As usual one turn into personal when one doesn't know. So, as Kpm says, thanks for the chat. Best luck!
    You are too too funny. I cannot get technical with you because you have no skill in wing chun so it would be all over your head. You do not practice wing chun. You want to talk talk talk about things you really know nothing about. We could not have a discussion since you are ignorant of the subject. You did not even know the first most important skill in wing chun.

You have it seems tricked some good people here into believing that you in your words have it. I know better and know you are a fraud. Others will start to see that soon. So now is the time to go make more talking videos to try and make yourself sound like an expert.

You can't get it isn't it?

Hahaha, you know Wck or not , got nothing todo with if I have skill or not, you are free to have as much your opinion as you love on me. I am ok.

As I told you, go explain to K Gledhill on lat sau chek choong as k has post a post yesterday on it.

You are too too funny. I cannot get technical with you because you have no skill in wing chun so it would be all over your head. You do not practice wing chun. You want to talk talk talk about things you really know nothing about. We could not have a discussion since you are ignorant of the subject. You did not even know the first most important skill in wing chun.

You have it seems tricked some good people here into believing that you in your words have it. I know better and know you are a fraud. Others will start to see that soon. So now is the time to go make more talking videos to try and make yourself sound like an expert.