Thread: DengFeng/Songshan Meet Up?

DengFeng/Songshan Meet Up?

Hey. Doing my travel run around China before I go home and I am going to be in Dengfeng in just a few days from now. Probably will hang out there for a couple of weeks (decided I can't just run around like crazy for two months straight, so I am prioritizing my travel time).

Anyway, I'd love to meet up with those of you who are in the area. Drop me a line here or send me a PM and we'll work something out if you're up for it. Beers on me (the first night at least ).

Hey,

Cool, we can hang out some time. I'll PM you my phone number.

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

nice

post pix here after.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Maybe here is an okay place to ask this question. Are they requiring a letter of invitation for an L-visa now?

And I'll just put this out there. As Shanghai is a common port of entry, anyone coming through can look me up here.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Maybe here is an okay place to ask this question. Are they requiring a letter of invitation for an L-visa now?
    OK by me, but I'm afraid I have no idea--not here on a student visa myself. My guess is yes though. I know as of July 1 they implemented some new visa rules and the trend seems to be stricter regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    post pix here after.
    I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    And I'll just put this out there. As Shanghai is a common port of entry, anyone coming through can look me up here.
    Would love to man, but I'm leaving from Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    I know as of July 1 they implemented some new visa rules and the trend seems to be stricter regulations.
    As far as I understand, no changes have been made to the L-visa for tourists. Every other kind has changed though, with a couple types splitting into two.

Thanks. Since you guys weren't 100% sure, I went looking for the answer and it appears they've set up an online application service, which is convenient. As it turns out they are now asking for a detailed letter of invitation from a friend/relative whom you'll be visiting, or from a tour arranger. In the event you're traveling entirely on your own and aren't visiting friends or family, they want very a very detailed itinerary and copies of all hotel bookings etc. in advance.

Looks like this can easily add 2-3 weeks to the total time it takes to get an L-visa.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Thanks. Since you guys weren't 100% sure, I went looking for the answer and it appears they've set up an online application service, which is convenient. As it turns out they are now asking for a detailed letter of invitation from a friend/relative whom you'll be visiting, or from a tour arranger. In the event you're traveling entirely on your own and aren't visiting friends or family, they want very a very detailed itinerary and copies of all hotel bookings etc. in advance.

Looks like this can easily add 2-3 weeks to the total time it takes to get an L-visa.

Hi rett,

Seems like you already figured out the details. FYI, I the past I've always included such a letter (although not necessarily required) and never had trouble or delay related to it..

Also, your country may have some third party company offering a small surcharge to do all of the visa stuff, and to ensure it goes smoothly (I think the one in the US I used added 30 USD to the raw visa fees to the total to visit the embassy, and return it to be by priority mail.. they may have some sort of trusting business relationship with the embassy (or maybe even kickbacks?) That ensures efficient processing, just an idea.

Matthew