Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WZP clip

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post

Excellent clip Kev, i really liked it. looks like he is combining WSL ving tsun with Shuai-chiao throwing, I recognized the belt cracking. I think WSL would be proud to see this had he been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Excellent clip Kev, i really liked it. looks like he is combining WSL ving tsun with Shuai-chiao throwing, I recognized the belt cracking. I think WSL would be proud to see this had he been alive.
    I do takedowns similarly if they present themselves. Turning opponents is part of vt tactic and leads into many options.

I like the video and concepts, although the execution is somewhat rudimentary. I noticed early on in chi sau that just standing there in a square stance looping steering wheel movements leaves you very open to many basic wrestling grip fighting techniques. Those grips lead into this type of takedown activity.

I saw some arm drags, leg trips, and even an arm throw kind of. I'm not sure if the belt exercises are something he made up or something that is trained in traditional shuai-chiao. But he's basically drilling a penetration step along with angle changes and takedowns. It's not until you start drilling some of that stuff that you realize exactly how many openings there are.

Also, I wish I had Sergio's resources to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I like the video and concepts, although the execution is somewhat rudimentary. I noticed early on in chi sau that just standing there in a square stance looping steering wheel movements leaves you very open to many basic wrestling grip fighting techniques. Those grips lead into this type of takedown activity.

I saw some arm drags, leg trips, and even an arm throw kind of. I'm not sure if the belt exercises are something he made up or something that is trained in traditional shuai-chiao. But he's basically drilling a penetration step along with angle changes and takedowns. It's not until you start drilling some of that stuff that you realize exactly how many openings there are.

Also, I wish I had Sergio's resources to travel.
    WZP uses angling a lot, this alone can create close quarter scenarios.

WZP uses angling a lot, this alone can create close quarter scenarios.
    I'm sure there are some fighters that want to stand directly in front of their opponent while punching them, but I don't know any personally.

I'm sure there are some fighters that want to stand directly in front of their opponent while punching them, but I don't know any personally.
    Chi sao can breed this bad habit without movement and angling based goals. Leads to rabbit in the headlights FREEZE ! Or a dog to , Squirrel ! ; )

Beautifully done.
    Nothing negative to say under the circumstances.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I really enjoyed watching this clip. Thanks. It has given me many ideas!

Blog Entries
    It's always a good idea for a

- grapplier to integrate striking, and
    - striker to integrate grappling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXNx5WDPXYU

http://youtu.be/4LSzcRCQZEI

It's much easier for WC to integrate grappling than for boxing to integrate grappling. When you train Chi Shou, you are half way there already.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-16-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Where is the wing chun DNA? Lol

It is also hard to think of people who want their opponent to flank them.

Interesting clip, looks quite judoish

I like the way he switches from strong plane protecting CG, to weak plane CG.

Nice clip Kev, ive always liked his stuff.

Couple of questions though:

1) How old is he?

2) Is his hair permed?!?!