Thread: How To Win A Street Fight WIth Head Movements

Hybrid View

How To Win A Street Fight WIth Head Movements

"You can learn how to win a street fight simply by learning how to move your head! If you make your opponent miss, you stay safe and he gets tired... then it becomes easy to win a street fight."

I liked his video...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Greetings,

It is just boxing technique. What is the big deal?

mickey

Blog Entries
    To dodge a punch is like to break your opponent's grip. If you don't "take advantage on it", your opponent will come back and do it to you again. It will make sense that the moment you dodge his punch, the moment that you attack him with "single leg".

head circle 1 - YouTube

To allow your opponent's fists to be so close to your head is not a good strategy. You should reverse the situation and try to bring the fight to your opponent's territory, and not to fight in your own territory.

If your opponent is a better striker than you (your opponent's punches makes you to dodge and your punches can't make him to dodge), you have to take off your "striking" hat and put on your "grappling" hat. You should try to "wrap" your opponent's arms ASAP.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-17-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Great example of head movement.

Perfect example for why a professional fighter usually has no excuse for engaging on the level that they sometimes do. You see clips of guys starting trouble with professionals and they often receive quite a bit of damage. The gap between "fought a lil in the street" and "train everyday as a career" is HUGE! All martial artists have a responsibility to mitigate damage in a physical confrontation with an inferior opponent. There are exceptions, of course. Like multiple opponents. It's best to just start dropping people to discourage more attacks. Knowing the difference is real wisdom.

How To win A Street fight with Head Movements

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    "You can learn how to win a street fight simply by learning how to move your head! If you make your opponent miss, you stay safe and he gets tired... then it becomes easy to win a street fight."
    You can do that , but what if the opponent fakes you , that ' s where you ' re vulnerable .

That was a good vid.

I remember this guy who would help teach our class sometimes was a boxer and would do that drill. We would basically try to punch him and he would just bob and weave and we'd all miss. Well, I would, because I sucked.

I want to learn to do that.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I wanted to see that first guy in the camo pants punch him. He looked like he was ready to go. When they asked him if he was interested in a martial arts challenge his reply was "yeah, who am I fighting?" lol.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.