Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The problem with BJJ techniques

The problem with BJJ techniques

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    nope im not going to put a lock on you, im going to break your arm or choke you to sleep in about 15 seconds, you know why? Because I know the rules to this game of chess and you have only ever watched the game on tv . That's why I said you need to learn to grapple
    If you ' re going to put a choke hold on me to make me sleep or break my arm , then it ' s over with right ? No chess game right ? If you insist on it ? Why are you continuing for ?

You said I need to grapple ? Look at your own chess game ? You may know the rules but , you don ' t understand your own art . Maybe , you only talk like you know grappling , but you really don ' t know about grappling right ? You just playing games .

Ya Frost totally doesnt know what he's talking about at all...He's never grappled before.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    frost...what is this grappling they keep speaking of????
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    In old SC rules, no matter how you take your opponent down, you win that round. If you can win 2 rounds out of 3, you are the winner. This rules does not encourage you to drag your opponent down with you. It's much clean and safe game that no body lands on top of another body.

In new SC rules, you have to win over 6 points in order to declare as winner. You will get

- 3 points for overhead throw,
    - 2 points for perfect throw and remain balance.
    - 1 point for not too good throw and you land on top of your opponent.

The only problem in the new rules, it encourage you to drag your opponent down with you. Why should you let your opponent to have 2 points of clean throw if you can make him looks like he losts balance and lands on top of you.

Different rules promote different skill development. If you put multiple opponents in the ring like the pro wrestling does,

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7248/y245.jpg

the ground game will soon disappear from the face of the earth.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-23-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    frost...what is this grappling they keep speaking of????
    im not too sure, i thought it was this thing i had been training for over a decade and competed in a fair few times, where i try to break my opponents limbs of choke him out and he trys to stop me or taps just beofre it happens....now im not sure it is what i think it is ......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Ya Frost totally doesnt know what he's talking about at all...He's never grappled before.

To quote a great film (and to lance not lucas and about the use of the word grappling)
    "you keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means" said in a spanish accent
    Last edited by Frost; 07-24-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    If you ' re going to put a choke hold on me to make me sleep or break my arm , then it ' s over with right ? No chess game right ? If you insist on it ? Why are you continuing for ?

You said I need to grapple ? Look at your own chess game ? You may know the rules but , you don ' t understand your own art . Maybe , you only talk like you know grappling , but you really don ' t know about grappling right ? You just playing games .
    I have been reading this thread, and you have absolutely no idea how to grapple. While it is true there are counters, applying while rolling live is awhole different thing. It takes years to develop skills, and mat time is were you develop those skills.

The only rules that you mentioned for tournaments that affect how you roll that I can think of are things like reaping and no knee bars before brown belt. Everythin else is as we train (we do knee bars at blue belt at my academy).

And I have no freeking idea why you think a bjj person would put you in a lock. We would choke you out or break a limb.

Quote Originally Posted by maxattck View Post
    And I have no freeking idea why you think a bjj person would put you in a lock. We would choke you out or break a limb.
    You guys don't tap at your school?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    You guys don't tap at your school?
    They're too hardcore for the tap.

I trained at that school. Both my arms and legs were locked and broken but I stuck around to help train the fighters. I finally had to throw the towel in after my face got locked and then broke.

"I am Inigo Montoya you killed my Father, prepare to die"
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

checks his left hand, breaths easily as he realises he only has 5 fingers........

Dantzatu nahi al duzu nirekin, hijo mio?
    would you like to dance with me, my son

With an name like Inigo, , it's all good, Ignacio!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    ALways liked Rickson.
    Did a seminar with him once and rolled with him and the man was taiji on the ground !

Can hit hard too.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Excessive prioritization on "grip work" has, IMO, been a mess for Judo.
    They take more time getting and fighting grips then in actual attempts to throw and counter throws.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !