Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WSL PB VT Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    It is hard to answer this kind of question without offending people, but I have to admit I am intrigued. Barry Lee's interpretation of VT is something I have not encountered.
    The student said its similar, with the elbow ideas etc...

New Jersey Seminar Crew.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 08-27-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    The student said its similar, with the elbow ideas etc...
    Thanks Kev

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Tough looking crew....
    ...but the one far left 2nd row look 'armless.
    That's Bob ; )

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Sean had a good time too.

Very nice...sorry I was not able to attend..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    [...] but I have to admit I am intrigued. Barry Lee's interpretation of VT is something I have not encountered.
    I too am very much intrigued by Barry Lee and his wing chun. I did come across this blog post, which indicates that a book maybe on its way.

http://snakevscrane.com/wing-chun-ma...e#comment-6502

Sean had a good time too.
    I believe Sean said "If I was a rapper this would be like working out with Jay Z"

Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I too am very much intrigued by Barry Lee and his wing chun. I did come across this blog post, which indicates that a book maybe on its way.

http://snakevscrane.com/wing-chun-ma...e#comment-6502
    Thanks for that link pad, I'm old friends wih bill and haven't spoken to him for years.

I'll drop him a message and thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I believe Sean said "If I was a rapper this would be like working out with Jay Z"

Classic!
    About as good a comparison as you get . Philipp was only introducing Sean to our thinking. I got the wu sao ! , wu sao ! Wu sao ! Treatment ; ) I have a black and blue mark on my sternum from the experience. The speed AND power !

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Looking at the other clips of Shawn Obassi - with Randy Williams, and Samuel Kwok,
    and then looking at this clip with Philipp Bayer..... Well......You can see a world of difference!

Shawn looked like he really enjoyed it.
    He was saying what we all did ... He has never heard the " elbow " ideas before, all wrists , etc... Sound familiar ? ; )

He was saying what we all did ... He has never heard the " elbow " ideas before, all wrists , etc... Sound familiar ? ; )
    ....and I would hazzard a guess that, like others on this forum, prior to being exposed first hand to these ideas his opinion would have been in the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    ....and I would hazzard a guess that, like others on this forum, prior to being exposed first hand to these ideas his opinion would have been in the majority.
    Sean mentioned the poon sao force was overwhelming. PB explained the wrist versus elbow exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Thanks for that link pad, I'm old friends wih bill and haven't spoken to him for years.

I'll drop him a message and thanks again
    No problems, glad to help. I would love an introduction and an opportunity to throw out an email with a couple of questions to him.