Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WSL PB VT Brooklyn

Any more clips Kevin?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Any more clips Kevin?
    http://youtu.be/UuRwgQ5f6og

Short clip of Philipp and I as he explains wu sao ideas. Lots of clips but we don't post tutorials.

Interesting Kevin what was he implying your Wu sao's too Stiff or bong or your just Stiff
    Noticed he really put your structure through some forces be nice too see more
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 07-22-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    Interesting Kevin what was he implying your Wu sao's too Stiff or your just StiffNoticed he really put your structure through some forces be nice too see more
    Pressure on wu sao line can also protect you as you change positions. His force has to experienced to believe it. Punching power ? Hahahahha
    Last edited by k gledhill; 07-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Pressure on wu sao line can also protect you as you change positions. His force has to experienced to believe it. Punching power ? Hahahahha
    I still need a answer Kev was he idicating at 0.06 mark your Bong was too stiff or what Iam very intrigued as this is your first clip of your very self people been asking for years on ere So pls break it down for me my Man

I still need a answer Kev was he idicating at 0.06 mark your Bong was too stiff or what Iam very intrigued as this is your first clip of your very self people been asking for years on ere So pls break it down for me my Man
    He will correct actions as he is doing drills so we all stop and listen then he encourages you to continue. Might have been me stopping for the previous comments. Just drilling with movement.

He will correct actions as he is doing drills so we all stop and listen then he encourages you to continue. Might have been me stopping for the previous comments. Just drilling with movement.
    We touched on the forces he was useing, This being within the poon sao roll exchange and lap soa Did it feel much more than you Usually train with your students as you'll be the one useing the forces on them too speak of ? As it seemed you were out your comfort zone did it help you Reevaluate your errors per se and what you can do to pass on to your guys ? always intrgueing to watch Philipp in action keep them coming
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 07-22-2013 at 04:24 PM.

http://youtu.be/UuRwgQ5f6og

Short clip of Philipp and I as he explains wu sao ideas. Lots of clips but we don't post tutorials.
    Interesting .

We touched on the forces he was useing, This being within the poon sao roll exchange and lap soa Did it feel much more than you Usually train with your students as you'll be the one useing the forces on them too speak of ? As it seemed you were out your comfort zone did it help you Reevaluate your errors per se and what you can do to pass on to your guys ? always intrgueing to watch Philipp in action keep them coming
    Exactly, his poon sao you can't move. He said WSL wouldn't start basic drills until he couldn't move him. He would walk up poon sao move him and walk away until he was solid. He ( pb ) suggests 30 min of just poon sao every lesson.
    There is no comfort zone with pb on purpose, he is using dynamics of body and hands in movement. A lot of ideas we use involve fast movement to angles with arms so balance always pushed to the limits while drilling.

Awesome Kev! Great to see that the workshop was a big success!
    Every workshop with Philipp is an eye-opener!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Very true dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Awesome Kev! Great to see that the workshop was a big success!
    My students were in awe of the speed and force. He really shows the fighting dynamics in action. We are ALL lucky to have him as a guide.

My students were in awe of the speed and force. He really shows the fighting dynamics in action. We are ALL lucky to have him as a guide.
    I like to know what was the eye opener for yourself Iow a concept you thought was correct untill PB Illustrated otherwise or just in general ? what you took away from the event

I like to know what was the eye opener for yourself Iow a concept you thought was correct untill PB Illustrated otherwise or just in general ? what you took away from the event
    The attention to a lesser known WU SAO. Why do we start by repeating wu sao so many times ? Because it has a higher chance of being done incorrectly. What energy in the wu sao ? Everyone sees an iceberg by the tip out of the water. An iceberg is moving so slowly it looks stationary. It looks weak and just up in the air, but you run into it and its solid structure is or major body is under it, but moving dynamically.
    When people see a wu sao in vt it is this "iceberg" concept. The wu sao won't collapse in on itself and can by very strong shortening lever become a very powerful tool in the arsenal. Smaller ,weaker sized people ( Yip Man / WSL ) could use this idea to create interceptions on their centers and manipulate force easily, IF force was attempted. If not you just see the tip of the iceberg. Yip Man was known to walk past students doing SLT as if he was passing them and suddenly slap the wu sao to see if they were using energy correctly or anticipating the slap etc.... My old sifu was a student of Yip Man and
    Also did this wu sao check by slapping or nudging it suddenly. WSL also did this to Philipp and he to us ; )
    He passed on a simple test from Leung Jan, Wong Wa Bo, Leung Bik, Yip Man, WSL ,PB, me.
    If you know wu sao then the tan and Jum punching ideas in unison with wu become clear . None leave the line, they just recycle with coordination of forces.

The attention to a lesser known WU SAO. Why do we start by repeating wu sao so many times ? Because it has a higher chance of being done incorrectly. What energy in the wu sao ? Everyone sees an iceberg by the tip out of the water. An iceberg is moving so slowly it looks stationary. It looks weak and just up in the air, but you run into it and its solid structure is or major body is under it, but moving dynamically.
    When people see a wu sao in vt it is this "iceberg" concept. The wu sao won't collapse in on itself and can by very strong shortening lever become a very powerful tool in the arsenal. Smaller ,weaker sized people ( Yip Man / WSL ) could use this idea to create interceptions on their centers and manipulate force easily, IF force was attempted. If not you just see the tip of the iceberg. Yip Man was known to walk past students doing SLT as if he was passing them and suddenly slap the wu sao to see if they were using energy correctly or anticipating the slap etc.... My old sifu was a student of Yip Man and
    Also did this wu sao check by slapping or nudging it suddenly. WSL also did this to Philipp and he to us ; )
    He passed on a simple test from Leung Jan, Wong Wa Bo, Leung Bik, Yip Man, WSL ,PB, me.
    If you know wu sao then the tan and Jum punching ideas in unison with wu become clear . None leave the line, they just recycle with coordination of forces.