Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WSL PB VT Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Seems simple but without required angles most will try to pivot on one spot and block while overturning like, many lineages. Add dynamic striking and things go to **** quicker than one can say wu.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Seems simple but without required angles most will try to pivot on one spot and block while overturning like, many lineages. Add dynamic striking and things go to **** quicker than one can say wu.
    Remember that post I made about the different elbow lines you called a "shallow understanding". You should think about that in regards to your wu sao...

btw you did quite a bit of "rotating" there. There is a way to maximize both structure and facing against your boy.... Just saying...

The wu sao won't collapse in on itself and can by very strong shortening lever become a very powerful tool in the arsenal.
    I do notice that the wu hand elbow typically has no structure or forward intent for a lot of lineages. HFY starts out fundamentals fixing this by starting with the wu hand elbow on the yin line or nipple line. That measurement is part of the beginning formula and part of our internal structure taught at the SNT level. This shuts down that wu hand strike PB was doing to Obassi at will.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Remember that post I made about the different elbow lines you called a "shallow understanding". You should think about that in regards to your wu sao...

btw you did quite a bit of "rotating" there. There is a way to maximize both structure and facing against your boy.... Just saying...
    Your lineage doesn't move like us. Ergo you don't think like us or use wu sao the same. Sure you have a wu like everyone, but last time I checked you were clueless ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I do notice that the wu hand elbow typically has no structure or forward intent for a lot of lineages. HFY starts out fundamentals fixing this by starting with the wu hand elbow on the yin line or nipple line. That measurement is part of the beginning formula and part of our internal structure taught at the SNT level. This shuts down that wu hand strike PB was doing to Obassi at will.
    Our drilling is abstract not , you do that and I will do this.

Not sure this really answers his point Kevin. He was talking about a structure fix I haven't heard of before.

Basic structure is not you do that and I will do this.

Anyway, are you going to do a highlights mix like some of the other Bayer stuff on youtube? Those are usually pretty good to watch

Basic structure is not you do that and I will do this.
    We have a lot of different methods so I am implying I can't assign anything like you said would shut down what pb showed Sean. Something's we do are simply to work out the elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Anyway, are you going to do a highlights mix like some of the other Bayer stuff on youtube? Those are usually pretty good to watch
    Its hard to converse with terminology variations.
    Yeah we have 4 days of stuff to sift through.

We have a lot of different methods so I am implying I can't assign anything like you said would shut down what pb showed Sean. Something's we do are simply to work out the elbows.
    it's not complicated. when you have bridge contact, where is the elbow of your wu sao hand? outside the shoulder line? shoulder line? inside the shoulder line?

you speak of elbow position and training it a lot in your methods. i'm just telling you about some of hfy's built-in fundamentals and measurements of elbow position. this is ingrained into all the stances, and ties into 6 gates, 4 lines, and other conceptual stuff.

and of course wck turning and wedging concepts in rolling / sparring are all designed to move the other guy's elbow offline and replace the position with your elbow. I see a lot of that kind of stuff in you guys chi sau clips.

all I was referring to in the pb/sean clip was towards the beginning with all the punches to the chest past the same wu hand. it was open thus no forward intent blocking it thus no wu hand elbow position. structural problem imo.

it's not complicated. when you have bridge contact, where is the elbow of your wu sao hand? outside the shoulder line? shoulder line? inside the shoulder line?

you speak of elbow position and training it a lot in your methods. i'm just telling you about some of hfy's built-in fundamentals and measurements of elbow position. this is ingrained into all the stances, and ties into 6 gates, 4 lines, and other conceptual stuff.

and of course wck turning and wedging concepts in rolling / sparring are all designed to move the other guy's elbow offline and replace the position with your elbow. I see a lot of that kind of stuff in you guys chi sau clips.

all I was referring to in the pb/sean clip was towards the beginning with all the punches to the chest past the same wu hand. it was open thus no forward intent blocking it thus no wu hand elbow position. structural problem imo.
    Sean just met pb so I can't talk for him.

How do you structure you wu sao?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    How do you structure you wu sao?
    -----------------------------------------------------------I am trying for an attachment-but not being tech savy-may not work

A trio of wu-s

The wu sau can go right. left, up. down, forward and back with chum kiu or biu gee or plum blossom balanced footwork with complementary motions from the other hand.. and it is on the line
    and it can easily turn into something else..depending on the situation it can attack, defend, break or throw.It's power comes from body and hand , bridge and elbow's dynamic structure.
    The guy on the left is also a Greco Roman all American & a 2nd lieutenant in the Army.The one on the right drives boats in the Florida keys and is also a certified sea diver.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 07-23-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------I am trying for an attachment-but not being tech savy-may not work

The wu sau can go right. left, up. down, forward and back with chum kiu or biu gee or plum blossom footwork with complementary motions from the other hand.. and it is on the line
    and it can easily tirn into something else..
    How do you join it to your stance? Wayfaring puts the elbow in line with the nipple.

I really want to hear what Phillipp Bayer was teaching Kevin about wu because it sounds interesting.