Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experience thread, no ideas allowed

Experience thread, no ideas allowed

Talk about real wing chun experience only.

Post your relevant anecdotes here and lets discuss. No ideas or thinking allowed though, lets keep it real folks.

No lies (not that anyone will be able to tell, it being a forum and all), but at least make an effort

Here is my five cents.

On engine

Why do I use snake engine or rattan body or force line type power generation.
    Because without it, my body break down when i face opponent who is almost 100lb more heavy then me, And also in close body I have no handling. I am convince without the snake engine, my Wck doesn't go far, and technics doesn't work well.

I can use kyokushin power generation since i am a kyokushin, but that is only going to work if my opponent is my size and it is difficult if the opponent is younger or more althelic. And doesn't fit if I am using Wck.

On power handling

The seven bows is the key. Otherwise one cannot develop a good handling on receiving and issuing . Holding structure can only get one to do push back and sustain , but not receiving and issuing, that is because receiving and issuing needs to have all seven bows activate, align , and operate in sequence. Not to mention when acceleration is needed for short Jin issuing .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Enjoy Hendriks experience

Are you another tc101?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Enjoy Hendriks experience

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Talk about real wing chun experience only.

Post your relevant anecdotes here and lets discuss. No ideas or thinking allowed though, lets keep it real folks.
    If I asked you to tell me how to hit a cricket ball you could tell me fom your experience actually playing cricket and batting. You would not need to tell me F=ma or about vectors or about engines or the seven bows or whatever. You could tell me in a clear straight forward way using ordinary everyday language and explain it quite simply.

To teach someone or to do it yourself is not about understanding it is about how to. Do you know how to and then you practice doing it using your performance as a guide to better performance. No one talks about how one cricket player understands hitting better and the path to hitting better is understanding vectors or engines or whatever. If you were to go to a cricket forum and see people arguing over whose ideas for hitting were better and talking about engines and ground rebound energy and the seven bows you'd think quite rightly they were crazy. If these same people kept saying that only they had the right idea and people playing pro cricket were doing it all wrong that it wasn't real cricket and so forth you'd quite rightly think they were crazy.

Wing chun is no more complicated or complex than boxing or wrestling or cricket or baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    If I asked you to tell me how to hit a cricket ball you could tell me fom your experience actually playing cricket and batting. You would not need to tell me F=ma or about vectors or about engines or the seven bows or whatever. You could tell me in a clear straight forward way using ordinary everyday language and explain it quite simply.

To teach someone or to do it yourself is not about understanding it is about how to. Do you know how to and then you practice doing it using your performance as a guide to better performance. No one talks about how one cricket player understands hitting better and the path to hitting better is understanding vectors or engines or whatever. If you were to go to a cricket forum and see people arguing over whose ideas for hitting were better and talking about engines and ground rebound energy and the seven bows you'd think quite rightly they were crazy. If these same people kept saying that only they had the right idea and people playing pro cricket were doing it all wrong that it wasn't real cricket and so forth you'd quite rightly think they were crazy.

Wing chun is no more complicated or complex than boxing or wrestling or cricket or baseball.
    Get out of here with your crazy armchair theories. I want to sit here in my armchair and hear a story about you punching someone in the face. Or better yet, see a video clip. Get to it

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post

lolololololololololol

This one day I was like walking to 7-11 for a slurpee and this guy drove up and was like "hey punk give me your money" and I was like "no" "foom foom foom" and he was like "sorry man I didn't mean it" and then ran off.

This is relevant because "foom foom foom" is wing chun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    This one day I was like walking to 7-11 for a slurpee and this guy drove up and was like "hey punk give me your money" and I was like "no" "foom foom foom" and he was like "sorry man I didn't mean it" and then ran off.

Top story, sounds really real

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post

I like the way the power of your wing chun caused him to abandon his car. And no stupid theory or ideas either. Good job.

So a student of mine goes to Newark nj dunkin doughnuts. Mid aft in the parking lot. My student is an ex fireman, 6'3 220lbs. A mugger picks him ( lmao ) out as he is going to his car. The mugger had a stick in one hand and said something my student couldn't understand. Lmao... So he says ( mugger ) " you know what this is ? " and my student still isn't sure what he is up to . Haha.. So anyway the mugger swings the stick at my student who just raises his arm to block it , now realizing he is being mugged, the stick busts the watch off his wrist and my student then simply punches the guy hard in the face and as a result of the punch the mugger/ fool, falls down, then my student got in his car and drove off.
    Funny because "Big Mike" is the last guy you would think was going to be mugged. Newark is a tough area !

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    So a student of mine goes to Newark nj dunkin doughnuts. Mid aft in the parking lot. My student is an ex fireman, 6'3 220lbs. A mugger picks him ( lmao ) out as he is going to his car. The mugger had a stick in one hand and said something my student couldn't understand. Lmao... So he says ( mugger ) " you know what this is ? " and my student still isn't sure what he is up to . Haha.. So anyway the mugger swings the stick at my student who just raises his arm to block it , now realizing he is being mugged, the stick busts the watch off his wrist and my student then simply punches the guy hard in the face and as a result of the punch the mugger/ fool, falls down, then my student got in his car and drove off.
    Funny because "Big Mike" is the last guy you would think was going to be mugged. Newark is a tough area !
    the likelihood of douch3b@gg3ry at a Newark dunkin donuts plus the stick mugger guido fail together all says that the likelihood of this story being true is very high...

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Newark is a tough area! I love how everything always works out for the best in real stories like this. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Get out of here with your crazy armchair theories. I want to sit here in my armchair and hear a story about you punching someone in the face. Or better yet, see a video clip. Get to it

We're not talking about the real. We're talking about the really real.