Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experience thread, no ideas allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Was sparring this big ole beef cake muscle dude the other day...guy was very strong at wrestling...I went light on him at first dude picked me up off the ground and slammed me...

After that we broke he came in again. I stop going light and started controlling his neck and his structure by attacking his head, an removing his guard. He tried to bob and weave I chained link striked to gauge the time of his head motion an backed him up against a wall and applied a few po pai techniques to him against the wall...

This happen like this past saturday...nothing else to report!
    Great story but the ending was a bit of an anticlimax. Need to know more

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    so a lot of wing chun people chase ideas and look down on spamming the chainpunch, but effective wing chun peple I met all emphasize the chain punch, and extreme speed
    Please refrain from discussing ideas on this thread. I want to hear your experience of using it. Gory details if possible

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Please refrain from discussing ideas on this thread. I want to hear your experience of using it. Gory details if possible
    the chainpunch spammers hit my face. the bridge chasers don't hit my face. light spar.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I sparred a kali guy one time. Hard to hit and moved really well. I eventually got the upper hand but the sparring session stopped when he did some drop to the knee movement and uppercut me. Split my chin right open!

All in all, I've been pretty successful with my wing chun though. I do agree with others on here that it is more a developmental system. The biggest thing i think being body unification and overall upright balance. I know people have berated my kung fu brother for talking about rotation. But i do have to agree with much of what he said. I do think its dumb and dangerous to just go head first into someone over and over again. And if your going to stay there in range and not retreat why wouldnt there be rotation! I think the footwork is top notch to support that too.

Anyway, to be honest, the hardest person i've sparred has been my brother. He's very unconventional. More like a jackie chan, if you will. The king of shin kicks and wrist grabs and if an object is laying around, game over!
    Matt

www.youtube.com/mvbrown25

I had a good experience today. It was my first day back (class) grappling after having stopped many years ago. I managed to pull off a choke submission on one guy, an arm lock on another and very nearly a triangle choke on a third. Needless to say I got submitted too. It was very much a day of rediscovering certain muscles and having to take a long hot bath afterwards. I wish I was in my 20s again.