Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WSL Ving Tsun - Sifu Cliff Au Yeung - Blindfold Gor Sau Training

So here is the reason....

The blindfold is given to students that have problems "chasing the arms" visually and with their own arms. The thinking is that if the students vision is taken away that they will not be effected by obstacles and therefore will develop the correct idea of LSJC using the whole body. Some students that have more courage and are less prone to being scared of incoming limbs may not require it. If the student needs the blindfold he should keep wearing it until the problem is trained away.

Unfortunately people have interpreted blindfold training into trying become sensitive to each others movements through prolonged contact with the arms. The correct idea is not to stick to the arms but attack the center without cowering away from attacks.

.........................and also for PR

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    .........................and also for PR
    I'm guessing Cliff doesn't think he himself has problems with arm chasing so in this case more likely 100% PR

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'm guessing Cliff doesn't think he himself has problems with arm chasing so in this case more likely 100% PR
    Without asking him I don't know and I would be embarrassed to ask but there is a lot of arm chasing in that clip.

In the WSL clips he just drills forward which makes more sense if any development is to come from it IMO.

I have never needed the blindfold which is why I wasn't really sure about it. I'm glad I asked. Everyday is a school day

Without asking him I don't know and I would be embarrassed to ask but there is a lot of arm chasing in that clip.

In the WSL clips he just drills forward which makes more sense if any development is to come from it IMO.

I have never needed the blindfold which is why I wasn't really sure about it. I'm glad I asked. Everyday is a school day
    I'm sure he doesn't think he needs it, lol.

I just can't imagine well known sifu x putting out a clip of themselves going back to basics and trying to fix their own arm chasing problem. Wouldn't happen, must be PR purposes (although the explanation you provided does make some kind of sense)!

I'm sure he doesn't think he needs it, lol.

I just can't imagine well known sifu x putting out a clip of themselves going back to basics and trying to fix their own arm chasing problem. Wouldn't happen, must be PR purposes (although the explanation you provided does make some kind of sense)!
    ...some kind of sense???

...some kind of sense???
    Blindfold = fixing arm chasing sounds plausible. I always just thought it was ****ing around and showing off.

Fundamentally you have to ask what it will develop.
    You just need to expand your thinking a little.

For instance, what if I was caught on an elevator, completely packed full, and it got stuck between floors and all the lights went out and one guy went postal starting to attack everyone?

Or what if I p1ssed off a mob boss and me and 4 other guys were blindfolded, trussed and tossed in the trunk of a car. Then, whoever fought their way out first got to live.

It could be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    You just need to expand your thinking a little.

For instance, what if I was caught on an elevator, completely packed full, and it got stuck between floors and all the lights went out and one guy went postal starting to attack everyone?

Or what if I p1ssed off a mob boss and me and 4 other guys were blindfolded, trussed and tossed in the trunk of a car. Then, whoever fought their way out first got to live.

It could be relevant.
    You should add these plausible sounding scenarios to the experience thread

Ah ha Theres always a reason to a drill within Wsl lineage Sigung wouldn't have taken part in something which had no developmental gain imo He was always cracking jokes about pulor trick individuals per se . So now were all a lot cleaer of the overall meaning Which being LSJC development tool

As the old saying goes If you dont ask quetions you'll never know

You should add these plausible sounding scenarios to the experience thread
    I can only go so far in supporting your troll threads....

Blog Entries
    When develop Tinjing with blindford?

Information going through your

- eyes will be processed by your brain.
    - skin will be processed by your spine.

Since it's faster to respond from your spine than from your brain, the Tinjin can give you faster reaction. When you open your eyes and your arm touches your opponent's arms, you may cheat yourself by using your vision and not 100% use your skin sensativity. When you are in blindford, you have no choice but to "only" depend on your sesitivity.

If you do want to develop your sensativity, blindford is the way to go.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I can only go so far in supporting your troll threads....
    Are you saying you lied on my reality thread?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When develop Tinjing with blindford?

Information going through your

- eyes will be processed by your brain.
    - skin will be processed by your spine.

Since it's faster to respond from your spine than from your brain, the Tinjin can give you faster reaction. When you open your eyes and your arm touches your opponent's arms, you may cheat yourself by using your vision and not 100% use your skin sensativity. When you are in blindford, you have no choice but to "only" depend on your sesitivity.

If you do want to develop your sensativity, blindford is the way to go.

Not my sensitivity. Lsjc is lost when too much sticky hands is done.

Are you saying you lied on my reality thread?
    Are you sure it isn't a "reality TV" thread?